Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Burning Desire (New Generation Mix)

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 13,509  ·  Replies: 97 
> 2017 Toyota 86 (The "FR-S" in Disguise), Sorry but its not a GT86
xiao
  Posted: Mar 23 2016, 08:10 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (The Sixth Element)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 750 x 406. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

...the jokes just write themselves.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
The Sixth Element
  Posted: Mar 23 2016, 08:49 PM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

QUOTE (xiao @ 38 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
QUOTE (The Sixth Element)
http://i.imgur.com/sbuLIuq.jpg

...the jokes just write themselves.

It just looks so ..... ugh

#StoptheMonotony
Sensation!
Posted: Mar 23 2016, 08:50 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

Thats a fan render and fan renders are the clickbait of automotive styling.
Toyota wont make the vert or the sedan due to sales. The vert will stay a concept.

Its funny, the FR-S vert wouldve sold pretty well I think.

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Mar 23 2016, 08:52 PM
xiao
  Posted: Mar 23 2016, 09:12 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Sensation!)
Its funny, the FR-S vert wouldve sold pretty well I think.

Indeed! The styling's god☆awful, but Miatas are still around after a century of sales... so someone's certainly buying them.

I always wondered how well the Del Sol's sold? Back in college 6 out of 2 college girls drove a Del Sol. It was actually a nice little car... like the Integra's chuu imouto. The MR2 was a great car too, Toyota just doesn't make 'em look as good as they used to.

Seems every car coming out on the market looks like a cross between an iRobot self-driving taxi and a refrigerator. 90's styling was the peak of the car industry in my opinion! derp.gif
The Sixth Element
  Posted: Mar 23 2016, 09:49 PM

matter intangible

Why does almost every man despise and consider convertibles as gay cars but leave out the jeep, and hardtop convertibles?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 23 2016, 10:16 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Any man who considers something like the Miata 'gay' has clearly never bothered driving one. Then again, someone who makes such a knee-jerk ridiculous label probably isn't a driver either, so even if they did they wouldn't get it.

Fuck 'em.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Mar 23 2016, 10:44 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Miata is the most non-gay sports car ever built. I seriously only see dudes driving them. Never women.

Unless every one of those guys is gay, which is statistically preposterous, it's not a homosex car. And even if it was, I would still buy one, because MX-5.
xiao
Posted: Mar 23 2016, 11:41 PM

moon bunny

Just a sidenote, god awful design was directed at the convertible FR-S not the Piñata~ sorcerer.gif

The Miata's a fuckin' banging little car... I've only driven one automatic, but it was fun as fsck!! ♪ ♫ ...a red one too!! awesome.gif

As for the design of the Miata, this is what I tell bro-dick Moostang/Camarro drivers when they refer to it as gay:

Why do guys have pix of sexy animu girls on their avatars? why did the original VW Beetle last a thousand years production in Mexico and other shady parts of the world? ...cause men like sexy bitches that's why. Sometimes riding inside a sexy little slut is 100-fold better than letting a Beowulf looking monster sucke your dick inside a blast furnace! Boom shaka laka in yo face Bro!! ohmy.gif

(can you guys tell I've been cybering for the past two hours? whistling.gif)
Sensation!
Posted: Mar 24 2016, 10:38 AM

Group Icon

The Miata gets the gay rap because a lot of gays bought them. It became the stereotype car for hairdressers.

Why does almost every man despise and consider convertibles as gay cars but leave out the jeep, and hardtop convertibles?

They're not exempt, convertibles have a hairdresser rep in general. Ever heard the term "Barbie Jeep"?

That specifically refers to the 2 door wrangler with the canvas top.

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Mar 24 2016, 10:40 AM
Tessou
Posted: Mar 24 2016, 10:45 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

A Miata driver in the northern midwest is seen as a badass because they don't give two shits about driving a light RWD in the snow for four months every year.
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 24 2016, 12:24 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 38 minutes ago)
A Miata driver in the northern midwest is seen as a badass because they don't give two shits about driving a light RWD in the snow for four months every year.

One of my buddies (he's an inactive member here at IDW) drives a first gen Miata as his daily driver here in Canada since he got it about 2 years ago, including during the winter (though he does use winter tires!). It's a pretty neat car, I really like it.

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Mar 21 2016, 01:07 AM)
I don't feel bad one bit. They had a chance to make it the comeback of the AWD turbo coupe and didn't take it. Fuck 'em.

Well there is that rumoured mid-engine sports coupe they are working on.

QUOTE (xiao @ Mar 21 2016, 02:24 AM)
THIS times 1000%!! Fsck Subaru right in the ass for being just as lazy as Toyota's executives.

Why is Subaru making a hideous 300hp refrigerator box of polygons like this:

http://i.imgur.com/xAtqXi7.jpg

And not giving the sexy looking BRZ an All Wheel Drivetrain with a sweet-spot 300whp!?!? blink.gif

What the hell is a BRZ anyway!? Call it an Impreza, throw out that disgusting looking sedan, and make the 22BRZ like the original for fsck's sake Subaru!!

...don't you remember the 2.5 RS?? Bunta?? 22B?? 555?? GOGOGO?? Rally McRally Whatchumacallit!?!? (That's what the BRZ should be)

Heh, the funny thing is that the BRZ has a funny name derived from - Boxer engine, Rear-wheel drive, and Z referring to zenith (FR-S is more simple, Front-Engine, Rear-wheel drive, Sport).

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Mar 20 2016, 09:06 AM)
I'd rather see both companies go their separate ways, and Toyota scrap the current 86 and just start over. At the very least, replace the engine and tranny.

Personally, if they do a second generation (Subaru's parent company's boss confirmed they will, also sadly they'll not go turbo from the factory according to the article) I'd love to see each car diverge more towards their brand, for example the Toyota 86 using non-boxer engine that they developed rather than just using a Subaru built one.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Mar 24 2016, 02:47 PM
Sensation!
Posted: Mar 24 2016, 04:26 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ 5 hours, 40 minutes ago)

Hey who says hairdressers can't be badass? laugh2.gif
The Sixth Element
  Posted: Mar 24 2016, 07:40 PM

matter intangible

With these comments, I feel like my self-esteem is up laugh.gif

I hope that Toyota and Subaru go in their separate ways and see what we want.
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Mar 26 2016, 01:11 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 25,374

QUOTE (Tessou @ Mar 23 2016, 11:44 PM)
Miata is the most non-gay sports car ever built. I seriously only see dudes driving them. Never women.

The first person I ever knew to have a Miata was a woman -- she was a co-worker of my mom's, but this was in the early '90s. After that, everyone I knew (or even saw) with a Miata was a man.
Spaz
Posted: Mar 27 2016, 09:28 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Tessou @ Mar 24 2016, 01:45 PM)

laugh2.gif laugh2.gif

A buddy of mine has a beater Miata he picked up for $500 just for fucking around with in the winter.
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 27 2016, 11:40 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Spaz @ 2 hours, 12 minutes ago)
laugh2.gif  laugh2.gif

A buddy of mine has a beater Miata he picked up for $500 just for fucking around with in the winter.

I've actually been planning on doing the same except for fucking around with it year-long. ;^)
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 28 2016, 07:08 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Spaz @ Yesterday, 1:28 PM)
laugh2.gif laugh2.gif

Jeez, I wonder what condition it must've been in for it to be only $500 (my buddy is selling his NA, which is pretty good condition, for way more than that).
Spaz
Posted: Mar 30 2016, 08:35 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

It's pretty fucking beat. It's a rattle trap, the top barely seals, and to put it into perspective, the air filter came off while ice racing, which we discovered when he finally decided to investigate the rattle under the hood most of the way through the day. He shrugged, borrowed a screw driver from me, and put it back on.

He has a number of other toys for the rest of the year including a very nice 944 and an MR2 Spyder (MR-S). He doesn't need a nice Miata. laugh2.gif
Master0fMadness
Posted: Aug 21 2016, 09:15 AM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 46,279

Looks like they finally stuck the UFC fighter mouth-guard in the grille of the car to match the rest of Toyota's lineup.

Eh.

The look is growing on me, honestly.

Uh, so are we getting the FA20F anytime soon or is this still a pipe dream?

This post has been edited by Master0fMadness on Aug 21 2016, 09:17 AM
xiao
Posted: Aug 21 2016, 02:34 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Master0fMadness @ 5 hours, 12 minutes ago)
Looks like they finally stuck the UFC fighter mouth-guard in the grille of the car to match the rest of Toyota's lineup.

The Toyota execs in Japan said...

"Oh yeah... they're complaining about the engine, huh? How about we make the front end look like a Klingon! That'll teach those ungrateful gaijinz!! mwuahahahaあははは~"Toyota CEO

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 427. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Gimme 200-bhp, I don't care about the engine anymore ... but for FFS make the T86's body look like it did back when it came out!! sad.gif

welp ... time to buy a Subaru Zed ~ derp.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 719 x 407. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

awesome.gif user posted image user posted image

This post has been edited by xiao on Aug 21 2016, 05:10 PM
Master0fMadness
Posted: Aug 21 2016, 08:59 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

Don't get it twisted, if I was to buy an 86 it would be naturally aspirated for insurance reasons, but the option would be nice.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 21 2016, 09:20 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Master0fMadness @ 20 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
Don't get it twisted

Let me be clear. Ahh...don't get it twisted. We'll see how pretty your face is after my fist has kissed it!

In all seriousness though, enough fooling around, Subaru. Make a turbo AWD coupe already. You've been without one long enough.
Master0fMadness
Posted: Aug 21 2016, 09:26 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

Uhh, aaah, uhh, you're a studdering communist. awesome.gif

Honestly I don't want AWD. For one, I'm not entirely sure the transaxle setup would work on the car because of size and secondly, it would kill the appeal of the 86/BRZ; super light weight.

The car weighs half a ton less than most "sports cars" and adding 300 pounds to it would make it into an understeering pig.

Oh, and price. Who wants to see a $40,000 BRZ? Not me.

Just give us a 2 door WRX STi instead, Subaru.

This post has been edited by Master0fMadness on Aug 21 2016, 09:27 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 21 2016, 10:01 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Master0fMadness @ 34 minutes, 56 seconds ago)
Uhh, aaah, uhh, you're a studdering communist. awesome.gif

Honestly I don't want AWD. For one, I'm not entirely sure the transaxle setup would work on the car because of size and secondly, it would kill the appeal of the 86/BRZ; super light weight.

The car weighs half a ton less than most "sports cars" and adding 300 pounds to it would make it into an understeering pig.

Oh, and price. Who wants to see a $40,000 BRZ? Not me.

Just give us a 2 door WRX STi instead, Subaru.

Yeah well you're stupid. awesome.gif

Who's to say that an AWD turbo version of this wouldn't be the 2-door WRX STi? I mean, all I said was that Subaru should give us an AWD turbo coupe. It just so happens that they already have a coupe platform right here.

As for it understeering, that's up to suspension geometry and factory torque bias settings, not something inherent in AWD in and of itself. For instance, you'd find that an American SVX would handle very differently from one with VTD and 4WS. Both are AWD. Both are roughly the same weight. Both are the same chassis. Both have the same engine. However, the American has a default torque bias of 90/10 front/rear, whereas the VTD has a default torque bias of 30/70 front/rear, plus 4-wheel steering.

Gotta be careful with them generalizations.
Master0fMadness
Posted: Aug 21 2016, 11:50 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

You're stupid! derp.gif

Mind you, I was only basing that opinion on what Subaru has done in the name of AWD performance in the past here. I'm not expecting them to give us nice things because they almost never do.

Of course, it doesn't even have to be that way. You can just tune understeer and oversteer out with ABS these days. I mean, look at the frickin' Focus RS, it has a drift mode for crying out loud.

Do I want it, though? Hell the fuck no. I'll always take a well-sorted suspension configuration, properly calibrated differentials and nifty mechanical aides like Super HICAS over nonsensical stability control programs that just make the car feel weird and synthetic.

I know the 86 isn't based solely on the 'rider and horse as one' philosophy as THE BEST Miata, but man, that thing's a snooze even with aides turned off as is. Let me handle my own car, and let my fate, for good or for ill, be solely determined by my own driving skill or lack thereof.

I just don't see Subaru pulling it off properly. Or at the minimum, not watering it down for the US market like they almost always do.

4 Pages  1 2 3 4