Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Daiki Kasho - Hit it!

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 29,515  ·  Replies: 185 
> Initial D in tagalog?
mark4000
Posted: May 22 2007, 03:22 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,584

If there was one thing the Animax English dubs did right was that THEY. RETAINED. THE. EUROBEAT. I could live with the whole censoring Mogi being a 'ho thing. But for me, Tokoyopop's biggest crime was removing the Eurobeat and replacing it with that godawful crap that passed for music

agreed.

I honestly still dont know how the hell did Americans relate crappy hip-hop with fast paced racing.

Rock....well.....if you wanna run your car into a wall while going at 300kph......

dry.gif
Stormeye
Posted: May 23 2007, 06:25 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,174

Hey! Bwahahaha - I used to belong to the preppy-girl speaking tribe. Still do. I grew up with that - goshdarnit! What 16 years of private Catholic girls' school in the Philippines will do to ya, eh?

I am guilty of saying variations of "making tusok-tusok the fishball" even if I do NOT come from the private girls' school that is said to be the source of that infamous phrase. Hehe. I went to the rival school.

Personally, I rather liked EVERYBODY in 4th Stage Initial D in Tagalog EXCEPT for Matteo. Because I always imagined Ryosuke (yeah, I have a crush on him too, doesn't everyone?) and Keisuke to talk thataway if they were Pinoys. And no problem with Angel Locsin - dubbing for Kyoko is a no-brainer kinda role.

Matteo could do Mokona. BWAHAHAHAHA! Maybe for the Mokona in Rayearth as well.
If there was one thing the Animax English dubs did right was that THEY. RETAINED. THE. EUROBEAT. I could live with the whole censoring Mogi being a 'ho thing. But for me, Tokoyopop's biggest crime was removing the Eurobeat and replacing it with that godawful crap that passed for music.

Thankfully, my own version of Preppy crap is more of the International School preppy crap. biggrin.gif As in BIG ENGLISH WORDS mixed with Filipino. I am such a show-off weirdo.

Yes, I think everyone (including guys) has a crush on Ryosuke-san. *blush, blush, grin* But unlike the fangirls rumored to appear in the manga and anime, I'm hot...well, compared to them anyway. And that isn't very hard to be, seeing as most of the fangirls in the Manga/Anime seem to resemble Itsuki.

Urgh.

I remember the TokyoPop music...I want to vomit. Initial D - Pinoy Stage (wahahaha) is singularly responsible for the wave of disco-like sweet sixteens featuring Eurobeat dance music. And some proms too! biggrin.gif Rock on! biggrin.gif

And Hip-hop = showing off a "pimped" ride, not racing it. Rock...you'll slam yourself into the wall. Eurobeat (and little cousin Techno...wahahaha!) is purr-fect for racing. The beat gets you going and keeps your adrenalin up.

And the bad English makes us all snicker. "KING OF FRUITY POWER!!"

Yes, Mateo could do Mokona...or the youngest boy in ex-D. Yeah, that's it. That's absolutely perfect. biggrin.gif

And we all cheer for Bunta's voicer! *cheer! cheer! cheer!* Oh, and I actually believe the mixing of English with Filipino ("taglish") makes Fourth Stage a bit more believable. But that's just me.

EUROBEAT RULES!! King'o King'o Beat! Forever Young! WHEEE!!
tiQlado
Posted: May 23 2007, 07:12 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,504

QUOTE (Stormeye @ Today at 6:25 PM)
And we all cheer for Bunta's voicer! *cheer! cheer! cheer!* Oh, and I actually believe the mixing of English with Filipino ("taglish") makes Fourth Stage a bit more believable. But that's just me.

Yeah, I agree that the kyodai's VAs fit them. I just don't sit well with Ryousuke saying "Pare". I just don't see it. But I do notice that the script is a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle better in the later eps than when it first began. I mean, bumaba ang coño level ng konti. Konti

Pero, shet. Kinukumbulsyon ako dun sa mga unang episodes. "I'm getting all excited, paaaare!" Naman o... >____<+

And to answer someone a few posts up about Tomo's voice? I dunno if it's the voice or the dialogue--or BOTH--but the guy sounded so gay to my ears. He gave me the worst shivers. I think he ties with Takumi.

And Angel Locsin's dub job? I saw Angel Locsin, and not Kyoko. There just was no heart in it, imo.

I dub thee "Initial D: Coño Stage" . w00t2.gif

Stormeye
Posted: May 23 2007, 07:58 PM

IDW Expert Member

Yeah, I agree that the kyodai's VAs fit them. I just don't sit well with Ryousuke saying "Pare". I just don't see it. But I do notice that the script is a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle better in the later eps than when it first began. I mean, bumaba ang coño level ng konti. Konti

Pero, shet. Kinukumbulsyon ako dun sa mga unang episodes. "I'm getting all excited, paaaare!" Naman o... >____<+

And to answer someone a few posts up about Tomo's voice? I dunno if it's the voice or the dialogue--or BOTH--but the guy sounded so gay to my ears. He gave me the worst shivers. I think he ties with Takumi.

And Angel Locsin's dub job? I saw Angel Locsin, and not Kyoko. There just was no heart in it, imo.

I dub thee "Initial D: Coño Stage"w00t2.gif

Yes, yes, "Initial D: Coño Stage". And yes, the "Pare" thing was off a bit, but even cool (okay, HOTT) guys say "pare". It's part of Filipinization.

Of course: Iketani "It hurts it hurts it hurts you know!"...that was creepy. Waaaay creepy...

Tsaka yung ibang mga lalake, parang lala-kwe...if you get what I mean here. Yes, Tomo and Takumi...the gayest men in Initial D. May competition pa yan eh - "Initial D, Manwhore Stage" na sino yung pinaka manwhore sa lahat.

...Winner is Takumi. Second yung Kyodai. biggrin.gif
tiQlado
Posted: May 23 2007, 08:08 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Stormeye @ Today at 7:58 PM)
Of course: Iketani "It hurts it hurts it hurts you know!"...that was creepy. Waaaay creepy...

Oooookay. I missed that. Which should be a good thing? grin2.gif Sang ep yun?

Tsaka yung ibang mga lalake, parang lala-kwe...if you get what I mean here. Yes, Tomo and Takumi...the gayest men in Initial D. May competition pa yan eh - "Initial D, Manwhore Stage" na sino yung pinaka manwhore sa lahat.

I KNOW! And I think you can throw in Toru while you're at it.

...Winner is Takumi. Second yung Kyodai. biggrin.gif

Yun lang! Much love to the kyodai, but I'd say I have to disagree about them being 2nd place. Pang third sila. w00t2.gif Si Tomo ang 2nd Princess para sa akin!

(OT but... I think I've seen your handle on ffnet...)
Stormeye
Posted: May 23 2007, 09:05 PM

IDW Expert Member

Teka...Hindi eh. Dapat Girls AND Guys, di lang Guys. Walang babae si Tomo. 2nd Princesses yung Kyodai, First si Takumi-chan.

"Takumi-chan, Super Hyper Fruity Magic 86 Princess! TRANSFORM!!" - Sounds like a bad CCS spoof.

Yes, you probably have. It's N.C. Stormeye. NC for...weeeell...*grin*

OT: Why is it that Keisuke only has one-sided relationships???

Left Side = Object of Affections, Right Side = Person Who Admires

Keisuke - Kyoko
Keisuke - Kenta
Takumi - Keisuke
Ryosuke - Keisuke *nosebleeds*

THE LIST GOES ON AND ON...

And di ko maalala yung episode...basta somewhere near yung Todo School match ata...

Dang...

tiQlado
Posted: May 23 2007, 09:17 PM

IDW Expert Member

Ay, ganun ba qualifications? laugh.gif Oh ok. Pero malay natin, may girl on the side si Tomo... wink2.gif

I knew your nick was familiar! Nireview mo yung fic ko. DraejonSoul handle ko sa ffnet. grin2.gif Small, small world...

"Takumi-chan, Super Hyper Fruity Magic 86 Princess! TRANSFORM!!" - Sounds like a bad CCS spoof.

No, don't. *swats tiny SailorTaku-chan pixies away* Shoo! Don't make me draw you... don't make me, or you'll regret it!!

And since you've made that argument about Keisuke, eh di dapat tie siya kay Takumi! w00t2.gif w00t2.gif
twitchykun
Posted: May 23 2007, 09:18 PM

F*ck land I'm on a boat Motherf*cker!

Member No.: 20,454

Takumi - Mika Uehara

Are we forgetting about the golfing prodigy who's going out with Takumi?
Stormeye
Posted: May 23 2007, 09:23 PM

IDW Expert Member

Yes, we are forgetting. I'm in the middle of my Kyodai fan-girl stage. biggrin.gif
tiQlado
Posted: May 23 2007, 09:27 PM

IDW Expert Member

^ Then, should we add Natsuki's friend who made those mystery phonecalls to Takumi?

And fangirling the kyodai ain't all that baaaad... whistling.gif
Stormeye
Posted: May 24 2007, 02:39 AM

IDW Expert Member

Of course it's not bad! It's Heaven!!

Yah, let's include that mysterious friend of Natsuki's who let Takumi on all the dirty dish...hee hee.

Wow, this is turning into a M/Whr Comp. We better get back on topic soon!
tiQlado
Posted: May 24 2007, 05:17 AM

IDW Expert Member

*Ahem* So in a nutshell, this is what I think what most of the characters sound like in Taglish version:

Tomo -- sounds lalakwe-ish
Fumihiro -- sounds like he isn't done with puberty yet
Takumi -- sounds like he's forever stuck in puberty
Itsuki -- sounds like he'll never get to puberty
Kyodai -- Coño Kings
Sudo -- sounds like a dirty old man

One other thing. What's with "bro"? Can't they simply use "kuya"? Kasumi called Wataru that. It's not really common.

Despite all these, though, I still try to catch Coño Stage--er, the Taglish version. Lets my eyes take a break from switching between the subtitles and looking at the characters' expressions. And it'll almost be over, and I missed tonight's ep on Animax. I hate the satellite TV here in the office... mad.gif
darth_stitch
Posted: May 24 2007, 06:07 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 16,482

QUOTE (tiQlado @ Yesterday at 9:17 PM)
Ay, ganun ba qualifications? laugh.gif Oh ok. Pero malay natin, may girl on the side si Tomo... wink2.gif

I knew your nick was familiar! Nireview mo yung fic ko. DraejonSoul handle ko sa ffnet. grin2.gif Small, small world...

No, don't. *swats tiny SailorTaku-chan pixies away* Shoo! Don't make me draw you... don't make me, or you'll regret it!!

And since you've made that argument about Keisuke, eh di dapat tie siya kay Takumi! w00t2.gif w00t2.gif

Draw the Sailor Taku-chan.... DRAAAAAAWWWWW EEEET! You know you want to. laugh.gif

And then share it with the rest of us. Sige na. Please please pretty please?

Sigh. My ideal Taglish Initial D would be:

a. Keisuke - guy who would sound like he goes to DLSU. Or DLSU-CSB. Hehehehhehe. Go Green Archers! tongue.gif

b. Ryosuke - Ateneo guy. Period. I know UST is our Pinoy med school but still...

c. Bunta - perfect as he is in the Taglish anime.

d. Takumi - Taku-chan and the Matteo Disaster aside, I'd imagine Takumi's voice-over talent to be closer to his Japanese counterpart. Laid-back, low voice, diffident, very NR - no reaction. Hm. Maybe that guy who did Hiei (Vincent) in our Tagalog dub of Yu Yu Hakusho (Ghost Fighter)? Or the Tagalog Steve in Voltes V?

ARGH. Initial D Cono stage. Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!

And yes, the whole "bro" thing is ANNOYING. Keisuke calls Ryosuke "Aniki" - it's not as if he calls ANYONE else Aniki. So it's KUYA, goshdarnit! mad.gif

Besides, Ryosuke makes one HOT Kuya. Ehehehehehe. wink2.gif
Stormeye
Posted: May 24 2007, 06:36 AM

IDW Expert Member

^ Oi! Oi! Shut up before I get a Ryosuke-induced nosebleed! "Hot Kuya...urgh" I don't like incest!! Except for Takahashicest!

Anyway...I agree. I agree with your suggestions. Pero mas maganda kung taga-UP isa db? Tsaka okey naman yung Kyodai eh...si Tomo lang problema ko.

He's gay.

And Itsuki ain't even a man!!
tiQlado
Posted: May 24 2007, 07:02 AM

IDW Expert Member

We'll see about the Sailor Taku-chan, darth_stitch. happy.gif

a. Keisuke - guy who would sound like he goes to DLSU. Or DLSU-CSB. Hehehehhehe. Go Green Archers! 

b. Ryosuke - Ateneo guy. Period. I know UST is our Pinoy med school but still...

Di magiging bitter rivals yung mag-utol? If rivalry pag-uusapan, 'di enroll mo na rin si Takumi sa Ateneo. tongue.gif And yes, Hiei's VA can do Takumi, pero dapat andun pa rin yung "slow" factor ni Takumi, if you get my meaning.

And the HotT kuya? w00t2.gif w00t2.gif

Keisuke: "Kuya, ano ba yang suot mo? That color's SO not you, you know..."

Though, um, I don't think I'll ever be ready for Takahashicest.

And Itsuki ain't even a man!!

BWAAA~~!! Pwnship!!
Stormeye
Posted: May 24 2007, 07:30 AM

IDW Expert Member

You know I'm evil. biggrin.gif

I WAN'T SAILOR TAKU-CHAN!! *Keisuke-pouts*

Currently the Kyodai's voicers are doing well. Itsuki's voice actually FITS. It's Takumi that gets me, Tomo sounds like a fab five, and Kenta...Kenta OOOOOZES "I have a crush on Keisuke so beat it Kyoko."

Iyeaaaaaaaah...not a nice image.

Keisuke: "Kuya, ano ba yang suot mo? That color's SO not you, you know..."

OMFG! ROFL! I can't take that! That's horrible!

Ryosuke: "Eh, how about you? Palaging suot mo yung puting jeans na iyan. Get a grip, parang nasa fashion-rut ka na!"
tiQlado
Posted: May 24 2007, 07:39 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Stormeye @ Today at 7:30 AM)
It's Takumi that gets me, Tomo sounds like a fab five,

Sino sa kanila? In fairness, type ko si Kyan. Pero kabaro ko siyaaa! sad.gif

and Kenta... Kenta OOOOOZES "I have a crush on Keisuke so beat it Kyoko."

Iyeaaaaaaaah...not a nice image.

You know, that shouldn't elicit a shudder factor since you could say it's canon, but that just tipped 7.1 on the Richter scale.

Ryosuke: "Eh, how about you? Palaging suot mo yung puting jeans na iyan. Get a grip, parang nasa fashion-rut ka na!"

laugh.gif

KEISUKE (insert eyeroll here): Oh pullleeeez, kuya. Parang di ka nagsusuot nun? You don't change out of your white pants pag galing kang rotation noh! Kaya amoy patay tuloy loob ng FC mo. It's like, the groooooooss!

RYOSUKE (smacks Kei upside head): Gaga. First at Second Stages yun. Nag-update na po ako ng wardrobe, no...

This post has been edited by tiQlado on May 24 2007, 07:40 AM
Stormeye
Posted: May 24 2007, 07:55 AM

IDW Expert Member

OMFG! ...That was hilarious! OMFG!

You know, that shouldn't elicit a shudder factor since you could say it's canon, but that just tipped 7.1 on the Richter scale.

I am less easily shocked. Believe me, I've read Takumi/Ryosuke/Keisuke. It's less shocking when it's three. And two semes to boot.

Sino sa kanila? In fairness, type ko si Kyan. Pero kabaro ko siyaaa!

Kyan or Ted...biggrin.gif

KEISUKE (insert eyeroll here): Oh pullleeeez, kuya. Parang di ka nagsusuot nun? You don't change out of your white pants pag galing kang rotation noh! Kaya amoy patay tuloy loob ng FC mo. It's like, the groooooooss!

RYOSUKE (smacks Kei upside head): Gaga. First at Second Stages yun. Nag-update na po ako ng wardrobe, no...

KEISUKE *flips hand out in annoyed manner*: Hoy! Tigilan mo nga nag mga chuvachuchu na iyan. Zelos ka lang na kaya kong dalhin tong white jeans na to'. Eh ikaw, sa sobrang laki ng ass mo, Kuya, di mo kaya to! HMMMPH!

RYOSUKE: Aba! Napaka-sosi kang walang hiyang maldita! HMPH! Heto sa yo! *Pulls Keisuke's hair*

KEISUKE *Tries to fend off Ryosuke's Attacks*: Aray! Napaka-bastos kang bruha ka! Heto sa iyo! *Pulls on Ryosuke's hair*

RYOSUKE: Bruha!
KEISUKE: Aswang!
RYOSUKE: Pok-pok!
KEISUKE: Maldita!
RYOSUKE: Plastik!
KEISUKE:...MOKONG!

RYOSUKE *stunned*: MOKONG?!

KEISUKE *takes advantage of stunned moment to start messing worse with Ryosuke's hair*: AHA! Heto sa iyo! Iyan yung blind insult attack ko! Ang bastos mo talaga Kuya! Magsosori ka! HMMMMPH!!

*catfight ensues*

(Go ahead, continue)
tiQlado
Posted: May 24 2007, 08:01 AM

IDW Expert Member

"blind insult attack"???? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Wala, tameme ako. On a roll, aren't we?

Okay, isang hirit. That scene won't be complete without--

[enter KENTA, harangued after the Fab5 beat him up]

KENTA (shrieking): Powta ka, Ryousuke! Bitawan mo ang Keisuke koooooooh!
(makes small kurot-kurot @ Ryou)
Stormeye
Posted: May 24 2007, 08:06 AM

IDW Expert Member

KEISUKE (In horror): Hoy! Wish mo lang! Bitawan mo kapatid ko bruha kang mangkukulam! *makes sampal-sampal @ Kenta*

KENTA: Keisuke!! Akala ko mahal mo ako!!

KEISUKE: Ano ba! Baliw ka ba! Mahal ko si Takumi!!

*Enter Takumi*

TAKUMI: Ano? Keisuke? Pero...Uhm...I'm sorry...Mahal ko si...si...

RYOSUKE: Alam ko...mahal din kita. *Gay happy face...I don't know how to describe it, parang super malandi power*

TAKUMI: Hindi...

KEISUKE: Ano! Sino! Ba't mo to gagawin sa akin!

RYOSUKE: Sige na, Takumi, akong mamahalin mo!

KEISUKE: Akin sya! *holds Takumi's left arm*

RYOSUKE: Hindi! Akin sya! *right arm*

(CONTINUE!) *begs* This could so be a fic...
tiQlado
  Posted: May 24 2007, 08:14 AM

IDW Expert Member

Teka, teka! Ano uunahin ko? Si Sailor Taku-chan, o round-robin?

Methinks we need to put up a new topic or something, else this thread gets overrun with fruitloopiness. laugh.gif I-carry over na lang yung sinimulan?

EDIT: Any suggestions for the title? Mine would be: "Initial D: Fruity Coño Stage. Ang telenovela ng buhay kareristang juding."

As per Stormeye and dark_stitch's request: Sailor Taku-chan!

DISCLAIMER: Will not be held liable for any blindness or damages to property in viewing this pic.

This post has been edited by tiQlado on May 24 2007, 09:40 AM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
mark4000
Posted: May 24 2007, 03:09 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 18,584

ZOMG! I SO want that pic posted on my friendster. May I?

Please!!! biggrin.gif
tiQlado
Posted: May 24 2007, 04:29 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (mark4000 @ Today at 3:09 PM)
ZOMG! I SO want that pic posted on my friendster. May I?

Please!!! biggrin.gif

blink.gif .............................. You're kidding right?

Well, to each his own. laugh.gif Sure, why not? But please do credit.
darth_stitch
Posted: May 24 2007, 05:40 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 16,482

Shet. You guys killz me. I swear.

OMGWTF Takahashi boyz using badingspeak. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Not into Takahashicest but yeah, cute si Taku-chan and Ryopon together, no? Especially that last scene in Third stage....

EDIT: AAAAAH!!!! I just saw the pic. OMGROFLMAO!!!! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by darth_stitch on May 24 2007, 05:56 PM
T3chn0Magus
Posted: May 24 2007, 09:52 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 24,500

hello! looks like the BL/yaoi fever also hit this board..... whistling.gif

anyways....uploaded episode 19 and 20...start from here....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwWwVa4rT24

one comment btw....HATAW!!!!! laugh.gif

sorry i missed the episode 18 kyoko dub (not done by angel, btw). but we get to hear todou and his 2 students speak extensively.... when the reruns start again....i'll try to upload the more coniotic first episodes....and the start of the schwarddub.... grin2.gif

nice pic btw.... w00t2.gif and may i add kenta's dub sa list? probably second to takumi's for me....... dry.gif

This post has been edited by T3chn0Magus on May 24 2007, 09:55 PM

8 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »