Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing D. R. , Mega NRG Man - Night Fever

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,499  ·  Replies: 44 
> ID4 Arcade Poll, Question to Forum fans
Möbius
Posted: May 5 2007, 03:30 PM

IDW Top Poster

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,524

I think it should do well so far as to cater to "casuals", which makes the connectivity issue moot as far as the invetsment in the cabinet is concerned.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Yamamoto
Posted: May 27 2007, 04:05 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,580

QUOTE (editor @ Apr 30 2007, 10:40 AM)
Proof.... yeah right.

Some facts, yes I have played the game (I had over seven games on the system at ASI last month), fact yes I used the card borrowed from Sega Rosso representative at the event (I supplied the pictures using it).

My comment was regarding those that stated the game 'would not work' if it was not connected - I did not say anything about the stats (ID.NET) or competition (ALL.NET). We revealed that the machine can vend and run cards if unconnected but they will not be registered on ID.NET.

And I think that trying to avoid the information that we have brought to the forum is a little more than just knowing who the developers are. We supplied the information here first, supplied proof and images and still find forum members that live in denial!

All the best,

ohmy.gif This topic is like racing in ID arcade.....wow

Three things i want to mention.

1. I totally agree with you Mr. Editor, in your point of view.

My own experience:
2. I played ID4 in Japan and it rocks. Not because of what NET thing and ranking stuff.
3. In Japan, you won't believe how good they are, if you do, you won't mention the needs of ranking yourself.

PS: For some others, try not to comment on something you don't know, it would only make people laugh. Just little 2 cents from the old bud engine.

ChaosSoldier
Posted: May 27 2007, 06:52 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 8,382

And did YOU get to inspect your card without the connection to the network? I swear you have no idea. You don't understand what I've tried to point out so I have no need to even think to bother with what you've said. It seems to me that you know nothing about the game. And at least direct your statement at me, because I know you are. It's your opinion and trying to cover it up as a general statement to others will make those other people that posting in here curious about whether they thought you were referring to them when saying what you've said. You wanted to single me out because I was on the opposite end of the debate. All I can say to you is..

Tell me what YOU kow about the game and go to the main site and actually learn something about how this game is run.

edit 1...

Your two cents won't amount to anything if all you can say is "woo i played the game and it rocks" and "from my experience the game is great" and more stuff along those lines. You haven't proved anyone that you actually KNOW anything about the game.

"you won't mention the needs of ranking yourself."

How bold of you. And are YOU one of those good players? If not, then you have no right to be saying anything like that. How about you and me play a little version 3? I'm sure you wouldn't mind playing me, since you must be good to be saying things like that.

This post has been edited by ChaosSoldier on May 27 2007, 12:14 PM
Excel
Posted: May 27 2007, 03:59 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

I wouldn't petition just because(from a hardcore players point of view) V4 is a total betrayal of the IDAS series. They've turned it into an extremely dumbed down, Cruisin World type game.

I'm sure it will be a huge commercial hit because it has gorgeous graphics and an incredibly nice display, as well as easy to pick up handling. As long as you can VS the person next to you, it will appeal to the average joe that just wants to play, and doesn't give a rats ass about cards, VS stats, time trials, etc. As Razorsuke said, though, its just not what I've been playing the last 3 versions.

This post has been edited by Excel on May 27 2007, 04:00 PM
ChaosSoldier
Posted: May 28 2007, 01:36 AM

IDW Goldmember

So basically it just leaves the (well I wouldn't call it hardcore, but more like the dedicated) players to just let the full potential of the game collect dust, as majority of us won't have the luxury of a network connection at [our] local arcade.

---

random bit:

I think that even with the release of version 4, I'll probably stick to version 3 until they decide to take it away for good. In the meantime, I'll be conferring with my local arcade staff on a method to hook cabinets to the net to inspect and such while the manager is away. Not being able to battle is fine with me, but I need to be able to TA on level grounds as the best (not saying that I can match the best, but I at least want what's available to the best to be available to me). So maybe if you guys are on good terms with the arcade staff, then you can just set up a connection, then inspect, then remove the connection before any higher ups notice it.

This post has been edited by ChaosSoldier on May 28 2007, 01:40 AM
DamienWolf
Posted: May 28 2007, 01:41 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (ChaosSoldier @ Today at 5:36 PM)
So basically it just leaves the (well I wouldn't call it hardcore, but more like the dedicated) players to just let the full potential of the game collect dust, as majority of us won't have the luxury of a network connection at [our] local arcade.

That just about sums it up for me as well. Well, as far as the information goes so far it hasnt been THAT big a hit in Japan AND HK. That should send a message. If they REALLY want to make money, they shouldnt focus more on shock value but rather the "re-playability" factor.

If it aint worth playing again and again, it ain't worth shit in any dedicated gamer's bool.
editor
  Posted: May 28 2007, 05:13 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 19,435

This forum has some negative posters at the moment that seem to be trying to paint their view as the only one worth anything. That is not the idea of a forum, its here to share views so less high and mighty please.

Also less incorrect information to try and paint views as the truth and only truth.

The Arcadia chart has just hit, this is a chart polled by players. In the dedicated machine section guess which game is number 5!

1 beatmaniaIIDX 14 GOLD〈KONAMI〉
162.6 / pts.

2 pop'n music13 カーニバル〈KONAMI〉
158.9 / pts.

3 DrumManiaV3〈KONAMI〉
136.3 / pts.

4 GuitarFreaksV3〈KONAMI〉
118.2 / pts.

5 頭文字D ARCADE STAGE 4〈セガ〉
960.3 / pts.

That makes it the top running driver and a fan star game - not a failure like claimed. Is there some hidden agenda to try and slag off ID4 before it hits the States in July? If I find out there is I will not slacken from reporting it.

It gets me unhappy that some people dismiss a game just because of personal closed views to new ideas, before even playing it. So the game has changed, it dose not mean you have to make it your mission to create reasons not to play it. No one is stopping you from sticking with ID3/2/1 - keep playing, just don't make up reasons not to play ID4.

I really hope this forum can sort out the problem it seems to have with flame comments from members who think they own the site. I know the moderators are doing their best but I hope that it is still worth our support of this site, rather than go to one of the other new ID4 forums.

I noticed that one of the 'flamers' from this site tried to take his dictations to another ID forum only for the moderator to delete his comments and tell him not to come back - maybe its time for the moderators here to consider there position - tough love to keep the forum friendly is hard but worthwhile.

All the best, to the open minded readers,
Yamamoto
Posted: May 28 2007, 05:35 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 24,580

Hey ChaosSoldier, you think you are the one I want to target ? I was targeting those jerks....well....If you think you are one of them then I cannot stop you.

You are right, I don't know a damm about this game, but i played it. You never played ID4 and know everthing, then congratulations to you, mighty expert.

About racing you in ID3 ? hum....no thanks. I don't play old things.
I love girls surrounding me to watch me play new games. You know old farts love to show off.

I'm not Mr. Editor, he is polite and wise. I'm just an old man walking around doing nothing, not worth for you to get angry at whistling.gif

Now let me find my old 2 cents......who got it ? shifty2.gif

DamienWolf
Posted: May 28 2007, 06:15 AM

Not Without Incident

QUOTE (editor @ Today at 9:13 PM)
This forum has some negative posters at the moment that seem to be trying to paint their view as the only one worth anything. That is not the idea of a forum, its here to share views so less high and mighty please.

Also less incorrect information to try and paint views as the truth and only truth.

The Arcadia chart has just hit, this is a chart polled by players. In the dedicated machine section guess which game is number 5!

1 beatmaniaIIDX 14 GOLD〈KONAMI〉
162.6 / pts.

2 pop'n music13 カーニバル〈KONAMI〉
158.9 / pts.

3 DrumManiaV3〈KONAMI〉
136.3 / pts.

4 GuitarFreaksV3〈KONAMI〉
118.2 / pts.

5 頭文字D ARCADE STAGE 4〈セガ〉
960.3 / pts.

That makes it the top running driver and a fan star game - not a failure like claimed. Is there some hidden agenda to try and slag off ID4 before it hits the States in July? If I find out there is I will not slacken from reporting it.

It gets me unhappy that some people dismiss a game just because of personal closed views to new ideas, before even playing it. So the game has changed, it dose not mean you have to make it your mission to create reasons not to play it. No one is stopping you from sticking with ID3/2/1 - keep playing, just don't make up reasons not to play ID4.

I really hope this forum can sort out the problem it seems to have with flame comments from members who think they own the site. I know the moderators are doing their best but I hope that it is still worth our support of this site, rather than go to one of the other new ID4 forums.

I noticed that one of the 'flamers' from this site tried to take his dictations to another ID forum only for the moderator to delete his comments and tell him not to come back - maybe its time for the moderators here to consider there position - tough love to keep the forum friendly is hard but worthwhile.

All the best, to the open minded readers,

Wonder who that "flamer" might be.

Incidentally, though, you came to this site to ask what our opinions were. Most of the people here havent played it BUT have heard from people who HAVE played it.

Its funny to see that those who dont care about what we cared about in IDver1, 2 and 3 posted stuff like "dont care about rankings, who cares if we cant fight online" and all that. And those who were considered and respected top players in the arcade series didn't have a good thing to say for the game (yet). Oh yeah aside from the revamped images, better sounds, etc, etc, etc.

Now, there are a lot of good games out there with promises a lot of newer things but its the replayability factor that got us attached to the former arcade stages.

1. I may be just a small voice because from where I come from, the chances of an arcade getting ONLINE capability for ONE game are between zero and none so I would of course feel bad that I wont be able to fully "enjoy" the newer features of the game.

2. People were so used to the idea of the "feel" of Ver 1, 2, and 3 and IDAS4 sounds so much like a new game that a new dedication would have to be mustered for those who would like to play it. C'mon, stop thinking like statistics or business but start thinking like a gamer. Somebody who would like to be good at the game, IDAS4 just came out and a lot of players would like to try out the newest installment of the series so your poll means nothing to me unless you give it a year. (How long has IDVer3 been running? And how long do we STILL see dedicated players breaking records and the like).

3. IDver3 made it so easy for anybody who just had the cab and maybe internet access to the net at home be connected with all the other players worldwide via internet rankings. Now, you tell us we cannot enjoy the full features of the game unless its in an arcade that has online access. Also since it would have to be connected to the net, the arcade owners WOULD charge a higher rate since it would have to cover for the costs of connecting it online (This is how it is down here when I asked arcade owners which are family friends of ours IF they were to get IDAS4).

4. Nobody here said it was a failure. I sure as hell didnt say it. I just said coming from my sources who WERE dedicated IDVer3 players that they played the game for a while (this means a 2 or 3 weeks of consistent playing) and tired of the game. Maybe they didn't like the physics? Maybe they thought that being used so many years to a certain type of "feel" they couldnt see on the new game just didn't make them play again as much. But who are we to judge? We're just the small fish here, probably. Anyway, you can't please anybody so there WILL be people who will not like the game BECAUSE of the inconvenience of the changes. So can you blame me if I may have some negative thoughts about the game?

But bottom line, mr editor, people ARE entitled to judge and post their opinions, they can also post what they THINK of other people's opinions but don't think that everyone is a lemming that follows what another is thinking. We all have our opinions and people who post here "DUH, YEAH... MAYBE BAD GAME NO PLAY ME" are not exactly the right people to base particular assumptions like a smear agenda or something of the sort.

Hey, its still Initial D. I'm a great fan but I seriously dont think I would play it like I did Version 3. The limited areas to play it would be enough to deter me. The prices would definitely be a second to it and IF it gets here but NOT be connected online (like BG4) with limited arcades having it at hefty prices... again makes it seem even more difficult to see myself playing it like I did ver3.

People ARE still thinking. That is MY opinion. And these are people who have yet to play the game as well as those who have and are currently playing it.
editor
  Posted: May 28 2007, 08:31 AM

IDW Expert Member

...as far as the information goes so far it hasnt been THAT big a hit in Japan AND HK.

Well 'DamienWolf', when I read something like the above, I see someone making a statement of failure, if that is wrong then you can see my point or not.

I have not criticized original ID 1,2 or 3 players - and have visited this forum before for information, as well as starting the whole ball rolling with one of the first confirmations (not speculations) on the ID4 project [for which I was attacked, and then received apologies for! - which I know is still a fact that grates with some on being proven correct over their claims!]

I think DamienWolf you are missing my main point which is I care what all view are - I champion different views, what I am against is trying to force your view on others and attacks on anyone that has a different view. I am not just singling you out, but I don't think it helps. Its only a game and not worth the heated threats we have read on the forums.

I am interested in your contacts with the Mum-n-Pop style arcades. I know Sega will be very interested in hearing that non-supported IDv3 connected games and stats being recorded. The whole point of the ID.NET is the direct Sega control, and your right this will not be achievable on the new system.
(*Let me clarify, no non-Asian player registration for non connected card ranking)

Some good news is that GameWorks will have the first machines operating on ALL.NET in August - lets see how things go, but as wide a deployment as the current game is not on the cards - but this dose not make ID4 a bad game - just the beginning of better things... and if that is the case you can always rush off to the Namco Maximum Tune 3 release for ID-lite action.

All the best,

This post has been edited by editor on May 28 2007, 08:48 AM
ChaosSoldier
Posted: May 28 2007, 02:01 PM

IDW Goldmember

Yamamoto:

YES, I am the master. You know why? Because I took my damned time looking and reading up and learning the game beforehand. I know how it'll work and what to expect of it. You are just like those middle school n00bs at my arcade that play non-stop without a clue as to how the game works. I have no interest arguing with a child-minded set of views.

You like showing off to girls? By playing a video game? I find you sad in every point possible. You're going to be Jaliy number 2. I dub thee n00b. And I'll just take it that you're scared to battle me in versiopn 3. Unless you decide to battle, then that is what I'll think of you. I have no time for people who just talk their mouths off on the internet. At least I'll prove something to others.

Editor:

Your main point that you are trying to get across, does not appeal to the [would be] dedicated players of the game. If I remember correctly, you came to this forum to give us insight of the game. We responded with disappointment about how it will run and now you're trying to change our opinions? We gave you what we thought of it, what more do you want? We're not going to change our minds about how we feel about the game, because the game isn't appealing to us with the way it's run. With your views of making a good draw of cash, you should go to middle schools and tell people about this game (who will never understand or care about not TAing at full potential or ranking up in battles). Trying to make your purpose clear to us has already been done. We know this game will be a big hit, but we can't enjoy it as much as its previous titles so we don't care all too much for it.

You think we have issues? You don't know crap about being a dedicated player. You don't know about the game either. Did we say the game would be a failure? NO. We are just unimpressed with the way things are for the game. And do you know why Ver4 is number 5? It's because of n00bs that don't understand the game keep playing it without knowing a thing about it. We dedicated players will become the minority when this game releases worldwide becasue this game will "suck" in our perspectives. So you win Editor, the game made money. Whoop de freakin doo. But do the dedicated players care at all? NO...

Another thing. Why would we (dedicated players) be open to a "new idea" if it totally ruins the experience for us? We wouldn't. None of us is going to be enthusiastic about a game that we can't fully enjoy (because most arcades won't have a network connection). We don't blame the arcades for not having a connection, we blame the game for being the way it is. That's all.We can't change it, you can't change it. End of story. Those who will play will play, and those who won't just won't.

what I am against is trying to force your view on others and attacks on anyone that has a different view.

Then I suggest that you do the same and not force your views onto us.

This post has been edited by ChaosSoldier on May 28 2007, 02:05 PM
editor
  Posted: May 28 2007, 03:31 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (ChaosSoldier @ Today at 2:01 PM)
So you win Editor, the game made money.  Whoop de freakin doo.  But do the dedicated players care at all?

Good of you to admit you were wrong - thank you for doing that.

Good luck on your anger management.

All the best,
Perry
Posted: May 28 2007, 03:37 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (ChaosSoldier @ Today at 3:01 PM)
Editor:

Your main point that you are trying to get across, does not appeal to the [would be] dedicated players of the game.  If I remember correctly, you came to this forum to give us insight of the game.  We responded with disappointment about how it will run and now you're trying to change our opinions?  We gave you what we thought of it, what more do you want?  We're not going to change our minds about how we feel about the game, because the game isn't appealing to us with the way it's run.  With your views of making a good draw of cash, you should go to middle schools and tell people about this game (who will never understand or care about not TAing at full potential or ranking up in battles).  Trying to make your purpose clear to us has already been done.  We know this game will be a big hit, but we can't enjoy it as much as its previous titles so we don't care all too much for it.

I noticed you used many "we" in this paragraph and I presume you didn't mean just dedicated players by that pretext. So you are speaking for the whole forums now ? I am finally getting fed up reading your arrogant attitude posts all along this thread.

Tone down the egoistical mindset and show some respect and appreciation for the insight information of IDAS4 provided by editor. I can't understand how self-centered some people can be around here.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
DamienWolf
Posted: May 28 2007, 05:23 PM

Not Without Incident

QUOTE (editor @ Today at 12:31 AM)

Well 'DamienWolf', when I read something like the above, I see someone making a statement of failure, if that is wrong then you can see my point or not.

I have not criticized original ID 1,2 or 3 players - and have visited this forum before for information, as well as starting the whole ball rolling with one of the first confirmations (not speculations) on the ID4 project [for which I was attacked, and then received apologies for! - which I know is still a fact that grates with some on being proven correct over their claims!]

I think DamienWolf you are missing my main point which is I care what all view are - I champion different views, what I am against is trying to force your view on others and attacks on anyone that has a different view. I am not just singling you out, but I don't think it helps. Its only a game and not worth the heated threats we have read on the forums.

I am interested in your contacts with the Mum-n-Pop style arcades. I know Sega will be very interested in hearing that non-supported IDv3 connected games and stats being recorded. The whole point of the ID.NET is the direct Sega control, and your right this will not be achievable on the new system.
(*Let me clarify, no non-Asian player registration for non connected card ranking)

Some good news is that GameWorks will have the first machines operating on ALL.NET in August - lets see how things go, but as wide a deployment as the current game is not on the cards - but this dose not make ID4 a bad game - just the beginning of better things... and if that is the case you can always rush off to the Namco Maximum Tune 3 release for ID-lite action.

All the best,

Well seeing you put my quote in question and looking at your poll, it has made just number 5. wink2.gif

I did say it wasn't THAT big a hit, I still didnt say it was a failure and I never implied it as so. The reason for my statement are posts by a few people who have visited the forums and my friends who are in Japan and HK right now and has played IDAS4. I asked them about the crowd and if the lines were really long. I based this on the fact that until now IDver3 has been getting long lines of players waiting to play. (Yup) What my friends said was "lines? what lines?" They pointed out that there will be someone playing in a cab or both of them but not the lines that we were used to in Ver3.

But don't worry, I'm not basing my assumptions on just that. If you can take a point or two from ChaosSoldier's posts, its simply there is an... inconvenience to playing the game. Its not that its new and even because the style is different. Its just so inconvenient to play it and just because of the Net support which has to be included for you to fully enjoy the game. I cannot quote you but I remember there was one post you had that said you do not recommend playing it without the internet connection which basically proves my point.

So there is MY view. You may think that simply by writing this down, I may be influencing some people already but that is how it is. If you put down some facts about the game, you will probably influence somebody to play it because of the facts that you put in there which would sound appealing to them. But if someone who is also in the same boat as I am (a dedicated gamer who would not be able to fully enjoy the game because of how it was made), would probably symphatize with my situation as well. So if you say that the mere fact I am posting my views isnt helping to promote the new game well I'm sorry about that but that's how it is. There are probably some people there who already have good views of the game so they can probably help in promoting the game. happy.gif But any time I post "Hey guys, dont play this game, it sucks like shit. Cmon lets just play IDver3 and leave this game," feel free to call the admins or so for thinking I may be forcing opinions to others.

Anyway, I dont know anything about the threaths or attacks you have been recieving I'm not exactly new to the boards but this thread has been the only time I've actually had a discussion with you, mr editor. I dont have anything bad against you in particular. But you cannot blame me for having such negative thoughts about a game I have had so much high hopes for. I appreciate you putting in the information about the game, though. But as you know you cannot predict how this information will be interpreted upon. People will always have different opinions.

As for the arcades, I could provide you statistical information, though I doubt if Sega would be interested in the market here in the Philippines. On the contrary, though, there are no mum-and-pop arcades who have new games. TIMEZONE, QUANTUM, and CLUB SYNERGY (a sister arcade of Quantum) and WORLDS OF FUN are the premier arcades (and all of these arcades have had IDver1, Ver2 and currently Ver3 machines) down here and I have talked to branch managers for QUANTUM and CLUB SYNERGY at least.

These arcades by the way have branches all over the country. They've told me that its almost 100% sure they wont get IDAS4 because of the net connection alone. TIMEZONE might get it, but TIMEZONE was the first to have the BG4 machines and they didnt (and wont) bother connecting it to the internet, which explains how I feel about the internet connection again.

Our only hope is SEGA POWERSTATION which was always the first to have the newest games. Yet, this arcade is focused more on the A-class gamers (translate: deep pockets) and the prices leave much to be desired for a dedicated and even the casual gamer.

Anyway, please feel free to keep supplying us with information about IDAS4 especially since its still technically not out save for a two or three countries. Maybe in time the game may provide even us gamers here a chance to like the game for its true worth.

@PERRY:

Not sure if the post is directed to me as well although I feel I have been just pretty much to the point in explaining my view. The warning is duely noted, though, by me at least.
ChaosSoldier
Posted: May 28 2007, 06:04 PM

IDW Goldmember

fine. I'm done with the forum then...
icedagger
Posted: May 28 2007, 06:32 PM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

I do agree with many of ChaosSoldier's points though. I've asked around at several arcades in the Philippines, and I've compared notes with others. None of the arcades here are willing to get an internet connection. So I probably won't be able to fully enjoy the game. And if I can't fully enjoy it, I wouldn't bother with it in the long run.

Now it's not my fault that I don't want to play the game if I can't fully enjoy it. It's not the arcade's fault that they think they're going to lose money if they bother setting up a net connection. And no, it's probably not Sega's fault for designing the game the way they did. I might not agree with that decision, but I guess they have their reasons.

Editor:

I'll be blunt Mr. Editor. Have you even given thought as to WHY people might be reacting negatively? Or why people might seem to be acting so "high and mighty" as you put it? Have you even tried seeing it from the other person's point of view?

No, they're not trying to paint their view as the only one worth anything. They were merely expressing their view, as you asked. The thing is, although the game might work perfectly alright without a network connection, the fact remains that it will be very difficult for most of us to rank up, inspect, or even post IR times (If I am wrong here, please correct me).

For a hardcore gamer, the ranking system and the ability to post IR times would be the main draw. It's what made IDAS3 fun and addicting to play in the long run. ID4 restricts that aspect of the game for the majority, so it's quite obvious why many of us around here are reacting negatively seeing as a lot of us around here are hardcore gamers.

Let me ask you Editor, have you played IDAS3 to the point that you were less than 2 seconds from the World Record on a course? Have you ever competed with someone to get the number one time in your area? Have you raced others enough to earn yourself a high battle level? No, probably not (again, correct me if I'm wrong here).

A lot us here have been there and done that. And if we can't do that in ID4, well, you'll have to forgive us if we don't want to see things your way. ID4 might be a great game; We're not saying that it isn't. But it's definitely not what we want it to be... Or to be more accurate, it doesn't have what got us hooked on IDAS3.

Edit: fixed grammar.

This post has been edited by icedagger on May 28 2007, 06:53 PM
editor
  Posted: May 29 2007, 05:44 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (icedagger @ Yesterday at 6:32 PM)
(If I am wrong here, please correct me).
Let me ask you Editor, have you played IDAS3 to the point that you were less than 2 seconds from the World Record on a course? Have you ever competed with someone to get the number one time in your area? Have you raced others enough to earn yourself a high battle level? No, probably not (again, correct me if I'm wrong here).

Edit: fixed grammar.

Ah 'icedagger' - you are very wrong. Though I appreciate your comments.

I am a industrious player of games, as the company I own also consults with the development of arcade products.

On ID1,2 I held good ranking in SoCal and UK. I have played ID4 industriously and was able to get on the ID.NET charts as a non ranked driver. However I do not have the time to spend keeping my position so am occasional to the game. I have a better placement on Fast and Furious DRIFT! and recently on BG4.

I am a gun game man more, and you should know I am the UK Journo winner on Time Crisis 4 last year: http://www.sjc.co.uk/files/ATEI2006/images/4848-k244.jpg

I have a slight problem that media are not welcomed to be prize winners at tournaments but I do keep my hand in to be able to understand the needs of the player base.

Hope this proves my credentials to ask and answer questions. And finally, thanks to the moderator for his comments. I would just like to end by saying that though I asked for comments, I did not and do not encourage barracking or high-and-might attitudes. Even though I work in the sector I am still open (and interested) in players views - and feel others should be less close minded.

All the best,
kiddfury
Posted: May 29 2007, 06:29 AM

Retired until further notice... or WoW gets boring

Member No.: 4,072

O_o.... im just wondering.... if this is so .... where in So. Cal did you play... and what was your Racer name in ID2? and did you bother with V3?

What made me feel bad about ID4 was watching the video's alone on youtube... wall raping and the exit speeds almost being uneffected made me think DC2.. which im my opinion was ID2's biggest problem, also considering I played the DC2(had a FT one) and didnt like it and moved on to the MR-S(had 1 FT in V2, 3 in V3 Full tuned) competitively in V2....
yes there were some ideas i liked in V4, but in seriousness I personally dont think I would play it competitively as I did in V3.... as in V3 I actually travelled far for all my battles(averaging 75+ miles) being one of the first 3 rainbows in California... if not the US(especially in a MR-format car). The online set-up would have answered that problem I had in V3.... and if it isnt incorperated in V4 by most arcades... is there really a point in going through that problem again especially with the high gas prices.

Dont get me wrong, V4 will probably be great... but lets list the problem people do have here:
-DC2 physics
-most places not getting the online access for the game
-most likely the high prices implimented due to it being an extremely expensive machine.
-not so great for those who are dedicated players.

But this is also just my opinion.

oh... just wanna make sure you know.. your link doesnt work =P.
editor
  Posted: May 31 2007, 03:42 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (kiddfury @ May 29 2007, 06:29 AM)
oh... just wanna make sure you know.. your link doesnt work =P.

That's weird the picture was working a minute ago... try this one:

user posted image

All the best,
StormTdk
Posted: Jun 1 2007, 12:05 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 3,850

I gotta agree with Kiddfury's message.

Even though i have never played V2 with the DC2 or stuff before, the new game's physics do seem a bit too drifty.

One turn and you're 180 degrees sideways.
Anyone played Outrun?

2 Pages  1 2