Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Go Go Girls - One Night in Arabia

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 12,623  ·  Replies: 153 
> FF in ID5
Kenji
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 12:46 AM

Diesel freak!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,899

QUOTE (xyeohts @ 9 hours, 36 minutes ago)
agreed... FF are harder to enter corners.. it understeers into corners and then understeer out again.. it is an understeer car...

so i guess feint would help in the game.. experiment tonight..

too much speed brought into a corner and accel too early when exiting the corner. Car isn't properly straight completely when you are eager to step back on the throttle.

No use feinting. This game doesn't emphasize on corner speed. It emphasize on the rate of accel the moment you exit a corner until you reach to the next entry of a corner.
shaojie
  Posted: Apr 10 2009, 12:53 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,432

hm...but if that's the case FRs and AWDs might have advantages in terms of exit speeds and acceleration...?
Kenji
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 01:09 AM

Diesel freak!

If you braked enough before entering, FF cars are more stable than both type of cars during exit.

Just control the eagerness to press the throttle. Self Control is the key. lol

In the racing world, FF has always being overshadowed by F/MR and 4WD.
shaojie
  Posted: Apr 10 2009, 02:15 AM

IDW Expert Member

lol...for me i have more of a bad habit of getting the car's head hitting the inner guardrail in a corner but now i am trying to drift less and do more grip...hopefully that allows my EK9 to have more time to accelerate. grin2.gif

crying2.gif i agree everybody likes 4WD in circuits...i rarely see a pro using a FF car....
xyeohts
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 06:15 AM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

Member No.: 25,770

well Shaojie.. we can be pioneer.. so far in my EG6 in ver4, i am quite good in it.. Manage a 3'05" in it.. truth!!

question.. does entering the gutter cost anything??
shaojie
  Posted: Apr 11 2009, 07:12 AM

IDW Expert Member

wah you must be very experienced with EG6...

there was only 1 time which i used EK9 at ID4 ver1.5 at erm...tsukuba outbound i think. it left me with a deep impact and thus my 1st car in ID5 laugh.gif

i just tried out happo and akina with my EK9...damn fun! especially akina where i can get quite fast at the 5 hairpins...i really look forward to my next game! w00t2.gif

hm...to me i can't really get myself adapt to the gutter run in akina. perhaps i will try that in tsukuba but i think besides that the rest of the gutters look dangerous for FFs. besides i can let go of the throttle in akina's 5 hairpins and swing past it...so i think unless you are really adept with your car (which i think xyeohts certainly is with his EG6) or else try not to risk oversteering or hitting the walls and eventually lose out to a FR at exits... ermm2.gif
Kenji
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 08:10 AM

Diesel freak!

QUOTE (xyeohts @ 1 hour, 55 minutes ago)
question.. does entering the gutter cost anything??

enter gutter = shorter lining

so, what's your say?
xyeohts
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 04:04 PM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

wat i meant is if i put my wheels into the gutter as i turn... it seems to somehow slower the car a bit but killes understeer midway through..

well alright shaojie problem i face since day one i was using EG6 is the understeer..

understeer into the corner and exit more stable but would understeer a lil..

This post has been edited by xyeohts on Apr 11 2009, 04:05 PM
shaojie
  Posted: Apr 11 2009, 05:21 PM

IDW Expert Member

well in my opinion it seems that ID5 really goes along with the story from the manga (e.g. the sections this particular character is faster/slower in)...

in the stage 4 anime i remembered the manager of that petrol station mentioning that todou school only focus on speed rather than the ever popular drift...about graduates go pro or semi-pro in skill...plus their representing cars are all FFs...makes me really wonder whether i should do grip or not... unsure.gif

then i went casually browsing for the match between todou's tomoyuki vs takumi and other FFs cars in reality...not much of them show you drifts and stuff... laugh.gif

i agree xyeohts but somehow i am getting addicted to the handling skills of FFs...and especially with the fact that it can brake later than FRs makes me go excited... laugh.gif
stormfox
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 05:33 PM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

QUOTE (shaojie @ 12 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
well in my opinion it seems that ID5 really goes along with the story from the manga (e.g. the sections this particular character is faster/slower in)...

yes it does. just to list a few more..

-- small turning of the wheel to start the corner (gumtape deathmatch)
-- little to no counter-steer exit (vs R32?)
-- tire management (just about every race)
-- cars doesnt do a full drift. only slight angle 'drift' (look closely at takimi's cornering angle as the anime progresses)
-- throttle control (Keisuke as always.)

its interesting... though i still wish the 'tire management' part is more visible in terms of corner understeer and acceleration numbers rather than a 'feel of boosting' kind of stuff.
shaojie
  Posted: Apr 12 2009, 06:19 AM

IDW Expert Member

haha...if tire management is very obvious i will die at the end! laugh.gif

i agree with stormfox EXCEPT for 1 point...hehe wink2.gif

that point on takumi's cornering angle...what if i suggest that the way he corners is because of the fact that he is trying to copy the way how 4WDs go through corners...(that part where the anime shows how takumi improved on his cornering is after he defeated that Evo and after he got used to the difference between his AE86 and Impreza)? to me it's logically possible because of the car's handling, brake focus (on the front wheels as mentioned by ryosuke) and its imba engine revving at 11000 rpm...omg.
xyeohts
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 07:34 AM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

@shaojie - does ur EK9 have understeer problems as u enter corners and exiting??

wats ur tuning now bro?
shaojie
  Posted: Apr 12 2009, 07:44 AM

IDW Expert Member

hi xyeohts

currently i do my TAs mainly at akagi DH...for the hairpins wise not much of a problem for me...just that i have a bad habit of late braking that makes the car looks stationary in front of the corner...luckily from the replay it doesn't seem so...

overall i think i more or less have little understeering problems as compared to before...but at places like akina i might oversteer at times... mad.gif

my tuning is very little...don't play much now...

2-1-1-1-1-1
xyeohts
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 07:46 AM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

wow we are pretty much even.. 3 days 2-1-1-1-1 is seriously burning my pockets.. i am not concentrating on any maps.. just playing all maps and experience it all

dunno if its the right thing to do..
shaojie
  Posted: Apr 12 2009, 07:55 AM

IDW Expert Member

ohmy.gif that's fast you know...i am sure you will soon overtake my settings...haha.

lol don't worry for that...i train at akagi more mainly due to the fact that the hairpins at akagi are easier...they are not as tight as akina's so it's easier for me to get into the apex. and i think akagi is a good place for basic training. laugh.gif

but of course i am recently addicted to the speed in akina and the twisting corners in happo... grin2.gif

don't worry about how you play the maps...normally noobs like me will enjoy thrashing the story mode characters but i do TAs due to either:

- i lost to some characters. need more training on the map. sad.gif
- or i wanna learn something from the map.

xyeohts
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 05:00 PM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

@shaojie - i got a question about ur EK9.. does the buttocks swing out when u go into a corner?

i have been playing with LOTS... the only time i lost was against Evo 3... sadly.. he is fast at the final corner.. sad..
shaojie
  Posted: Apr 12 2009, 05:33 PM

IDW Expert Member

actually no...normally i use around 80+km/h to go past a corner (which i think is slow) with full throttle after the apex. so unless i let the car swing at the akina's hairpins or else the butt doesn't swing much...

i am not sure about this xyeohts but i think it's a disadvantage to let our cars swing without throttle past a corner because of our drivetrain layout...logical right? i experienced that in akina and happo... ermm2.gif

ya sudo kyoichi is damn fast at the last few corners because of the Evo 3's acceleration...but i don't know it's his weakness or it's just my car's raw power but it seems that the Evo 3 got a little slower at the bridge in front of the finishing line (i saw his rear lights go flashing) and i thought i might be able to catch up since i don't have to do the same...in the end i caught up to him and went past the finishing line side by side with my EK9 head first... sweatingbullets.gif

it's really a lucky win...but perhaps you can try too!
gns64
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 06:02 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 30,722

QUOTE (gene.gene™ @ Apr 2 2009, 07:03 PM)
quite good? eg is e course car for myogi down. ermm2.gif

anyway, its good to choose a ff as a first car. feels more grippy than a fr.

in v3 eg6 was good in happo ob
xyeohts
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:02 AM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

battling Evo 3 i have to block him at the final corner though i am already doing my fastest time.. but still barely shaving him.. maybe not fast enough..

i am now practicing Happo... learn more of the other maps before i go to back ot Myogi..
shaojie
  Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:19 AM

IDW Expert Member

haha i am really curious on how FR drivers will tackle happo and nagao...they must be very good to win battles at such maps...someone share with us your experience with FR cars...?

but either way i think happo, tsukuba and nagao tracks are for FFs...hehe. personal opinion though.
venth85
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 07:00 AM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

QUOTE (shaojie @ Yesterday, 5:33 PM)
ya sudo kyoichi is damn fast at the last few corners because of the Evo 3's acceleration...but i don't know it's his weakness or it's just my car's raw power but it seems that the Evo 3 got a little slower at the bridge in front of the finishing line (i saw his rear lights go flashing) and i thought i might be able to catch up since i don't have to do the same...in the end i caught up to him and went past the finishing line side by side with my EK9 head first... sweatingbullets.gif

Yeah he does get slow after concrete brigde,but not much fear2.gif
Heron
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 07:08 AM

逆天改命

Member No.: 32,391

I don't agree with the fact that Happo, Nagao and Tsukuba are FF tracks...at least, not Nagao and Tsukuba.

Happo I believe I managed to hit 3'08'x for my car type and the key is just to curb your instincts and don't hit the walls. Know when to turn, with what braking points and slowly one can figure out the lining for FR cars. Even for a noob like me.
shaojie
  Posted: Apr 13 2009, 07:29 AM

IDW Expert Member

haha looks like i am too noob to make such comments. FR making this kind of results is not noob...it's either i thought i am average or your area has very skilled players... grin2.gif
xyeohts
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 07:36 AM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

FR are the one usually making the results.. the timing.. Hachi still doing the best all rounder.. battle wise i fear the FDs and Supra!!

Supra pulls fast.. Especially during the straights... wif my lead all torn up losing out in power section of the race..

any solution to this guys??
Heron
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 07:39 AM

逆天改命

Member No.: 32,391

Nope, I just think that different drivetrains have got slightly different driving ways. We are all trying the best way to be fast, that's all...for me I am trying how to hit 3'09 down Akina DH. And I am still confused with Nagao. But focusing my attentions on Akina DH first.

Besides, now I know that there must be no wall contact for boost to occur, I have more to do. I always find ways to hit the wall unintentionally after all.

EDIT: Eh...just try to outcorner them. Cannot win in acceleration try to win in cornering speed...know how fast your car can go in an corner.

This post has been edited by Heron on Apr 13 2009, 07:40 AM

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 »