Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Morris - Crazy For Your Love

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

37 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 267,586  ·  Replies: 924 
> Introduction to IDAS8 Infinity, All you need to know to move on from IDAS7 to IDAS8.
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 25 2014, 05:12 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 6 hours, 55 minutes ago)
Genuine curiosity, for those of you who still play.

When I first joined the forums I was a student who used his allowance to play ID.

Now I'm a guy with a job.

So, in all honesty, how can you guys justify the increased cost and the account reset that ID makes you put up with? I mean maybe it's because I have a really low skill ceiling, but I'm fed up with this kind of thing from Initial D. I'd rather save up for Gunpla or, I dunno. An actual car.

@AMDK:

That sounds really defeatist. Are you implying that there's no point in voicing your displeasure, and that we're just supposed to suck it up or get out?

I mean we ARE customers here. Potential customers, anyway.

It depends on the person anyways, but mainly it's because it's really fun and unique. There very little racing games out there that I find anywhere near as entertaining as IDAS, with 4 being a huge exception. Of course, the new game has to be good and sometimes it's a gamble but as someone who's started playing from D5 until D7, every new game thus far has been really entertaining and better than the last; at least for me personally, some will disagree of course. I don't know whether D8 will top D7 because I have yet to play it but I'll play until I get a Full Tuned car and play with that physics. My spirit is always breakable though, especially if they release anything as horrible as D4 (I don't think D8 is like that but I always have that fear prior to trying out the new IDAS game)

I played a little but of Wangan when I was studying because there was no IDAS machines around, but I never found it anywhere near as entertaining.

Besides, all you really need is one Full Tuned car to play the main part of the game and if you pick a high tier car, you're pretty much set. Most of the investment is in training. This is not to disagree with your points because it is expensive and some of the resets this time goes more than necessarily IMO, but the above is the general reason I plan to continue.

And at least in a country with online available, I also have to say the online is a factor too since it feels awesome to race againts other players that are around your skill level, that factors into the fun factor for me.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 25 2014, 05:15 AM
AMDK_r_SOHAI
Posted: Sep 25 2014, 08:02 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,745

Anyway back to the topic. The ranking system really determines where you stand.
No more such thing of getting the same rank but the skill level is different.
I totally like this way $EGA implement.
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 26 2014, 04:02 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (AMDK_r_SOHAI @ Today, 12:02 AM)
Anyway back to the topic. The ranking system really determines where you stand.
No more such thing of getting the same rank but the skill level is different.
I totally like this way $EGA implement.

Indeed, the rankng system is a true indication of your skill level, except some cars like the 86 might be better than other cars. So your initial car choice can still make a difference on the rankings.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Gunma's 34
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 09:36 AM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ 5 hours, 33 minutes ago)
Indeed, the rankng system is a true indication of your skill level, except some cars like the 86 might be better than other cars. So your initial car choice can still make a difference on the rankings.

So that initial car choice still plays the same cards as that of the home course advantage rule back in the old IDAS? Looks like some things won't ever change with Sega. If that's the case, then we know what car would be bandwagon'd at the get-go.
NBK
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 09:49 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 10,230

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ 13 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
So that initial car choice still plays the same cards as that of the home course advantage rule back in the old IDAS? Looks like some things won't ever change with Sega. If that's the case, then we know what car would be bandwagon'd at the get-go.

I'm also curious as to what the rankings are like. Can anyone fill me in? I'm too lazy to go through the rankings online and making a general list of top 3 cars for each track. awesome.gif
Gunma's 34
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 11:08 AM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

QUOTE (NBK @ 1 hour, 18 minutes ago)
I'm also curious as to what the rankings are like. Can anyone fill me in? I'm too lazy to go through the rankings online and making a general list of top 3 cars for each track.  awesome.gif

Gee I wonder which is the next DC2 integra... / Master Race car:derp: derp.gif

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Sep 26 2014, 11:08 AM
DK_Brawler
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 05:39 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

QUOTE (NBK @ 7 hours, 49 minutes ago)
I'm also curious as to what the rankings are like. Can anyone fill me in? I'm too lazy to go through the rankings online and making a general list of top 3 cars for each track.  awesome.gif

ID8 Ranking

It's unpolished right now since the game is recent and Project Chiba started collecting data even more recently. Also everything is in JP

Give the game a lot more time when more attempts at TA are made.

This post has been edited by iDucKy on Sep 26 2014, 05:41 PM
NBK
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 06:05 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (iDucKy @ 25 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
ID8 Ranking

It's unpolished right now since the game is recent and Project Chiba started collecting data even more recently. Also everything is in JP

Give the game a lot more time when more attempts at TA are made.

Thanks man. I went through the TA rankings and made a list of the top 3 cars on each course. It's pretty interesting coming from a V3 background and looking at everything that's changed. I'm looking forward to playing! Just got a picture of our upgraded cabinets a little bit ago:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1599 x 1194. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

CAN'T WAIT TO PLAYYYYYYYY

This post has been edited by NBK on Sep 26 2014, 06:05 PM
AMDK_r_SOHAI
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 07:53 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (NBK @ 1 hour, 48 minutes ago)
Thanks man. I went through the TA rankings and made a list of the top 3 cars on each course. It's pretty interesting coming from a V3 background and looking at everything that's changed. I'm looking forward to playing! Just got a picture of our upgraded cabinets a little bit ago:

http://i62.tinypic.com/11ahp4j.jpg

CAN'T WAIT TO PLAYYYYYYYY

Any idea what version is that??
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 08:06 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

Uhhh, look at the cabinet?
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 26 2014, 09:10 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (HashiriyaR32 @ 1 hour, 3 minutes ago)

Uhhhh, maybe he meant if it was a version 1.1 or a 1.2 it is pretty obvious because this thread is all about IDAS8 and IDAS8 only.
OkamiWind
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 09:16 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Most likely it's the base version, however I don't know if they got the updated version or not.

I would assume that unless they miraculously got internet.
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 26 2014, 09:19 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (OkamiWind @ 3 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
Most likely it's the base version, however I don't know if they got the updated version or not.

I would assume that unless they miraculously got internet.

Image is pretty blur but it appears that the top right "internet" logo on the screen is gray. Also there are red words on top left so it is pretty much confirmed there is no internet.
AMDK_r_SOHAI
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 11:13 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (HashiriyaR32 @ 3 hours, 6 minutes ago)

Err obviously see the machine. I'm asking the internal version. -.-

Image is pretty blur but it appears that the top right "internet" logo on the screen is gray. Also there are red words on top left so it is pretty much confirmed there is no internet.

That still D7, although the change the external design.
Really hope his side got EXP and online.
NBK
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 11:28 PM

IDW Regular Member

We've been told we're getting full networking for the machines, but the versions we'll be playing not be English. As far as those machines, not sure what version yet but when I found out more I'll let you know.

I'm kinda bummed out that we won't be able to read anything, but at the same time we'll be basically on the same rankings server as Japan.
N643
Posted: Sep 27 2014, 01:28 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

hk has D8, just came in today & IIRC its 1.2 exp verB
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 27 2014, 02:17 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (NBK @ 2 hours, 49 minutes ago)
We've been told we're getting full networking for the machines, but the versions we'll be playing not be English. As far as those machines, not sure what version yet but when I found out more I'll let you know.

I'm kinda bummed out that we won't be able to read anything, but at the same time we'll be basically on the same rankings server as Japan.

"US and others" did pop up on the site some time back before disappearing.

I assume if you're connecting to network then you're using EXP. If you are getting network, then that's pretty awesome!

I always wondered how the timezone difference's going to work though in this type of scenario. Most if not all of the arcades on the network operate in Asia.
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 27 2014, 07:44 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 5 hours, 27 minutes ago)
"US and others" did pop up on the site some time back before disappearing.

I assume if you're connecting to network then you're using EXP. If you are getting network, then that's pretty awesome!

I always wondered how the timezone difference's going to work though in this type of scenario. Most if not all of the arcades on the network operate in Asia.

They might just get a seperate EU or North America based server, because ping will be an issue too. Well, SEGA sure don't want us to play online battle with laggy cars warping around the entire track right?

@NBK if your location is North America, it is actually pretty surprising to see IDAS getting exported again. but language is gonna be an issue isnt it?

Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Malaysia wont wave a problem because the Chinese people can understand Kanji anyway. But I'be heard the menu is half english half japanese.

@AMDK_r_SOHAI sorry didn't see the IDAS7AAX logo on the screen.
NBK
Posted: Sep 27 2014, 08:57 AM

IDW Regular Member

We won't be able to read/understand anything from the game due to language barrier. But we'll figure it out somehow. A little over 2 weeks and I can provide more details on what version, connection status, etc.
AMDK_r_SOHAI
Posted: Sep 27 2014, 09:23 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (NBK @ 25 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
We won't be able to read/understand anything from the game due to language barrier. But we'll figure it out somehow. A little over 2 weeks and I can provide more details on what version, connection status, etc.

Dont worry, some of us dont understand japanese language.
Play more you will know what is what.

If got network most probably can be connect to asia server.
Time lapse doesnt matter, however your side may have less opponent to encounter.

@dummyinthecity
No worries, the pic also abit blur.
Pasta
Posted: Sep 27 2014, 12:26 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 11,928

I know the games relatively new, but is there anywhere with a good number of video resources yet? I'm trying to find some videos with the courses I don't know to get an idea of the speeds and how they drive in the current version, but the majority of what I've found so far is only older versions.
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 27 2014, 01:37 PM

Nagao Fanboy

There's a lot on YouTube, as usual. Last time so check was a few weeks ago and they're starting to become plentiful.

They might just get a seperate EU or North America based server, because ping will be an issue too. Well, SEGA sure don't want us to play online battle with laggy cars warping around the entire track right?

Somehow I doubt this, since there's very little arcades that support this as it is and the most that we are aware off use the JPN version (which you aren't even supposed to use outside Japan). Even in the scope of Europe and North America, I don't see there will be enough machines we to create a server. It's possible but I doubt it.

On the flipside, the current system will have the issue of timezone differences. Afterall, arcades close at night.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 27 2014, 01:45 PM
Pasta
Posted: Sep 27 2014, 01:39 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

That's the thing, I don't know if I'm just searching wrong, but all I'm getting is results for 5, 6, and 7. Are there any specifics channels I should check out?

This post has been edited by Pasta on Sep 27 2014, 01:39 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 27 2014, 01:43 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Try Angelmix318.

I don't actually watch that much videos, so other users may know more channels and maybe even better ones. Most videos if D8 I watched so far comes from different channels but each didn't have that much when I watched then last month.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 27 2014, 01:44 PM
Pasta
Posted: Sep 27 2014, 03:12 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Found this video and I'm curious: what exactly is going on with his brake and gas? You'll have to bear with me, I've never had the chance to play anything past AS3 at all, so this is new to me. It appears to be some sort of mutated form of eraser. What is he doing exactly and what is the technique called? It appears he's holding (or pumping) the brake while pumping the gas. Any insights?

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IduNm-jjMkg )

37 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »