Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Black sovereign

Views: 2,737  ·  Replies: 23 
> April Fools 2012, It's over!
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 2 2012, 06:23 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

April Fools 2012 is over, and thus you can now safely escape the Hello Kitty skin via the restored menu. Advanced members are also back to being just that, instead of being fans of the wonderful Justin Bieber. No more chillin' by the fire while we eatin' fondue.

Other magnificent changes have also been reverted. I'm sad that none of them were noticed, but I guess that should have been expected, what with forum activity trends sloping as of late.

It's back to the norm, folks. Well, at least as normal as it can get when I'm around. Oh yeah, notice that. I'm still here. Those who thought my return and promotion were a joke can rest assured that their nightmare will continue indefinitely. awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 07:10 AM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

We had more changes to the forums? I was here all day looking for them and yet I didn't find any! Mind telling us these little things that were done here and there on the forums? pinch2.gif
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 07:28 AM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

I still can't change it for some odd reason. It says the function's been disabled.
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 2 2012, 07:35 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (HashiriyaR32 @ 7 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
I still can't change it for some odd reason. It says the function's been disabled.

Try it now. I tweaked advanced member permissions just now to force-allow it.
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 09:06 AM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 43 minutes ago)
April Fools 2012 is over, and thus you can now safely escape the Hello Kitty skin via the restored menu. Advanced members are also back to being just that, instead of being fans of the wonderful Justin Bieber. No more chillin' by the fire while we eatin' fondue.

Other magnificent changes have also been reverted. I'm sad that none of them were noticed, but I guess that should have been expected, what with forum activity trends sloping as of late.

I noticed the "Bieber Fan" user class. Don't worry.
Also...

QUOTE (Tessou)
Oh yeah, notice that. I'm still here. Those who thought my return and promotion were a joke can rest assured that their nightmare will continue indefinitely.

Well, then, congrats. Sorry to have doubt of you and Perry's will. I thought it was a joke because I was never contacted about it before-hand. The hardest part in this is the fact that I lost my mod position. Oh well, I did some spambot cleaning before being removed of my privilege. I would have more to say about this but, the matter is more personal.

This post has been edited by Lebon14 on Apr 2 2012, 09:07 AM
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 2 2012, 12:17 PM

Group Icon

I notified the mod team on the day that I became admin that I would be refreshing the entire team. This was not meant to be construed as punishment in any way, as I know of the accomplishments and good character of each and every moderator on that team and the ones before them. I did it because with new management comes a completely different style of doing things, which I don't think any of the then-current mod team mesh with. It's just business.
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 01:51 PM

🎧

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 34 minutes ago)
I notified the mod team on the day that I became admin that I would be refreshing the entire team. This was not meant to be construed as punishment in any way, as I know of the accomplishments and good character of each and every moderator on that team and the ones before them. I did it because with new management comes a completely different style of doing things, which I don't think any of the then-current mod team mesh with. It's just business.

Then, I was forgotten coz I was not notified until I've seen your "match plan". sad.gif
Jericho_MPM
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 01:55 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,630

Does it really matter whos Admin or a Mod or a Member we are a community reguardless so longs that sticks nothing matters.
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 2 2012, 01:57 PM

Group Icon

I can't help it if moderating team members don't read the staff section. That's where I notify the team of pending actions and/or events.

I have a timestamp of March 29th, 2012 at 6:34AM on the thread I made regarding staff changes. I paraphrased the contents of that thread into my public introduction thread three hours later.

Nobody was forgotten. They were replaced with more than enough notification ahead of time. Stop acting like a victim and move on. You weren't being punished.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 04:23 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

The only problem I had with the 'joke' was that the Hello Kitty skin apparently lacks a "Mark all posts as read" function, something I use every time I visit. Not having it at my disposal was a little irritating. laugh.gif Aside from that, good stuff!

For the record, I did listen to "Somebody" by Justin Beiber yesterday so I believe the member title was fulfilled. awesome.gif
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 04:28 PM

🎧

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 31 minutes ago)
I can't help it if moderating team members don't read the staff section. That's where I notify the team of pending actions and/or events.

I have a timestamp of March 29th, 2012 at 6:34AM on the thread I made regarding staff changes. I paraphrased the contents of that thread into my public introduction thread three hours later.

Nobody was forgotten. They were replaced with more than enough notification ahead of time. Stop acting like a victim and move on. You weren't being punished.

I tought I would have been told by PM. I would have seen, probably, if I would have been here in the 3 hours between the staff thread and your intro thread. Alas, I wasn't and only seen your intro thread as a result.

I don't try to find excuses. I'm just thinking of what happened for me to have missed it.
APX
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 04:44 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Well, what done is done, sad to say. But I vote we get rid of that hello kitty skin forever... it brings my eyes to search for something sharp. sad.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 05:17 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

So can I have the other smaller things you did for the day explained? I'd hate to never find out what they were...
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 3 2012, 09:15 AM

Group Icon

user posted image

A lot of the little text blurbs on every page, including section rulesets, were edited to contain joke messages.

For instance...
"All contents on this site, unless otherwise stated is © Copyright 2000 - 2012  go2id.net  All rights reserved. ( Privacy Policy | Terms of Service )
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this board or any entity associated with this board."

You see this at the bottom of every page on IDW. I edited this to say "I'm so ronery, so ronery, so ronery and sadry arone. It's kinda sirry, but not rearry, sitting on my rittre thwone." Naturally, the links were changed to direct to youtube. Specifically, a video of Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend".

The forum guidelines page was temporarily erased and replaced with Rick Astley lyrics and the popular "Rick Astley Dance" GIF.

Some members' post counts were altered to be funny or significant numbers (80085, for example). They were all reverted to correct numbers on April 2.
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 10:22 AM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

Oh the things I miss out on for being a cellphone lurker. :sob:
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 10:58 AM

Patient Zero

Oh man, those are the some pretty funny changes. But you put them on pages that almost no one visits. Tessou, your attention to detail is fantastic sir! I would have loved to see the forum guidelines page. laugh2.gif
Smikey
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 12:11 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MAYOR
Member No.: 14,329

I did not see the Forum Guidelines change, even with it being opened to look for some sort of April Fools Joke.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 3 2012, 12:17 PM

Group Icon

When did you look at it?
Smikey
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 12:33 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ 16 minutes, 6 seconds ago)
When did you look at it?

April Fool's day.
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 3 2012, 12:35 PM

Group Icon

I put things up in shifts since I was out sporadically most of the day, so you'd have to specify.
Smikey
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 12:56 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ 21 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
I put things up in shifts since I was out sporadically most of the day, so you'd have to specify.

If you want a specific time, I can tell you I do not have it for you.
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 12:58 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

Didn't anyone save the page? I'd expect you to have saved images or pages of your changes in some form, Tessou.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 3 2012, 12:59 PM

Group Icon

Well then in that respect, I have failed. Sorry, folks. I could always bring it back at any time, though.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 01:03 PM

Patient Zero

An April Fools Part II sans the Hello Kitty skin would be really neat. I say do it Tessou. laugh2.gif