Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Dusty - Crazy For Love

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 7,726  ·  Replies: 9 
> BMW M3 - new here
Billyjoe
  Posted: Dec 15 2017, 12:19 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,163

Hey everyone, I am new here, and I believe that this forum will be of great help for me. I drive a 2001 M3, and I was wondering if there is a BMW topic or thread? If no, I am starting one, and everyone is welcome to join. I plan certain performance changes to my M3, by the way, and I will be posting about the upgrades here.
Cheers!
Meteor
Posted: Dec 15 2017, 02:09 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

I don't think there's a BMW topic here, but you're certainly free to start one - You could even edit this thread into one right now. I know there's at least one other BMW driver on these forums. Do post pics of the M3 when you get around to that.
By the way, we have (well, had) a little forum tradition of including bread and milk in the pics, as a way of proving the images weren't just taken from google. We don't consider bread-and-milk/bread-and-milk-substitutes a necessity anymore, but that's something you can do if you feel like it.

So yeah, welcome to IDW. If it's advice about upgrades you want, you've definitely come to the right place. Our auto section has a bunch of knowledgeable people visiting it, including a guy who regularly does time attacks. Hope you enjoy it here. smile.gif
Spaz
Posted: Dec 15 2017, 10:07 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Welcome! Tons of respect for the M3 from me. There are a few in my time attack class and they're quite competitive. A couple friends of mine run them as well.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
The Sixth Element
Posted: Dec 17 2017, 01:39 AM

matter intangible

Member No.: 44,779

I hope the best in your ventures with your E46 M3. I have an E36 chassis so some parts are still the same.

Basically, if you want bimmer mickeys, then I'm your man biggrin.gif
Billyjoe
  Posted: Dec 19 2017, 07:00 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,163

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome folks! Seems like I came to the right place then.
You know, I was looking for a normal forum where people normally treat the newbies, not just ignore, and, well, where people @ least reply haha
Because it seems like there are so many performance-oriented forums, yet the majority is dead...
Anyways, i will take a pic of my BMW with milk and bread as you've asked me to.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 19 2017, 07:15 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

We can be abrasive at times, don't get me wrong. There are certain classes of newbie that tend to have a bit of a rougher start than others, but you don't appear to be in that category.

Can't wait to see the bread&milk--an IDW tradition of olde! Welcome aboard. cool.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Spaz
Posted: Dec 19 2017, 07:02 PM

Group Icon

Also, I do want to mention that while I don't have any direct personal experience with the chassis, I do know some of what works and what doesn't as far as parts, specific brands, etc. Feel free to ask away with any question you might have or opinion you're looking for. Worst I can say that I don't have an answer.
MetalMan777
Posted: Oct 29 2018, 08:21 PM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

QUOTE (Meteor @ Dec 15 2017, 05:09 AM)
I know there's at least one other BMW driver on these forums.

Is that me?

I'm a Ford Guy™ now.
Spaz
Posted: Oct 30 2018, 08:29 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (MetalMan777 @ Yesterday, 11:21 PM)
I'm a Ford Guy™ now.

How did you let this happen?
MetalMan777
Posted: Oct 31 2018, 10:29 AM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

I just woke up one day and I found my formerly 16 pushrod count became 32, and then 44.

I've got 3 Fords now, WTH.