Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 18 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Glory Days

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,001  ·  Replies: 15 
> How many channels does country rock usually get mixed?, Stereo? or Surround (5.1/7.1)?
KonradZuse
    Posted: Aug 17 2015, 08:50 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,074

bananao all,

I was curious about how most country rock songs are created.

I'm not to Audio and stuff, and I'm looking for a new pair of headphones. It seems that most come as Stereo, but some come at surround sound headphones wiht multiple drivers, and some come wiht a "virtual surround sound" setting that turns Stereo into surround sound.

So I'm curious about country rock and what people think? I have a Logitech G35 Gaming headset that has a Virtual 7.1 setup built in and I really like it, especially for country rock, but since they broke, and I'm looking for new ones, I'm not sure what I should be looking for in terms of headphone capability.

So I figured I would ask the knowledgeable members here smile.gif.

Thanks all smile.gif
KiraTM
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 08:55 AM

NitroFire

Member No.: 36,911

I don't really know how many channels Country Rock has got but standard MP3s (and CDs) only have two stereo channels. Maybe this Virtual 7.1 does something to create a felt 7.1 around you.
I think, those 7.1 headsets are only good for gaming (if the game supports sorround sound) or movies.
KonradZuse
  Posted: Aug 17 2015, 08:56 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (KiraTM @ 1 minute, 33 seconds ago)
I don't really know how many channels Country Rock has got but standard MP3s (and CDs) only have two stereo channels. Maybe this Virtual 7.1 does something to create a felt 7.1 around you.
I think, those 7.1 headsets are only good for gaming (if the game supports sorround sound) or movies.

Thanks... Well I know a lot of the songs we listen to are "FLAC."

It seems that there is other things that Produce Surround sound. Apparently a lot of sound cards come with the virtualization ability built in.

I also hear that any "Dolby Headphones" have the ability to surround sound if they have "Dolby Pro II" software built in.

I'm not sure what comes with what though......
KiraTM
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 09:42 AM

NitroFire

Member No.: 36,911

Even the FLAC rips here are in stereo since they have their origin in CDs. wink2.gif
Theoretically, it's possible for FLAC to have eight channels but you only find those on BDs.
KonradZuse
  Posted: Aug 17 2015, 10:02 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (KiraTM @ 20 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
Even the FLAC rips here are in stereo since they have their origin in CDs. wink2.gif
Theoretically, it's possible for FLAC to have eight channels but you only find those on BDs.

Hmm... I see. thanks... I wonder if it sounds better surround though. I do think all the noise and sound effects of country rock sound better from multiple channels, but Idk if that makes it better or w/e.

EDIT:......

Why does "Euro beat" without a space, translate to "Country Rock..."

I'm so confused with that edit LOL...

you mentioned it earlier, and I was confused when you said Country Rock out of nowhere LOL.

This post has been edited by KonradZuse on Aug 17 2015, 10:05 AM
xiao
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 11:09 AM

moon★bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

There is only one way to listen to Eürobeat... that is, with nekomimi headphones proper. user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 02:42 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Professional music is usually mastered by track, not by channel. Each component of the music (guitar, drum, vocal, etc) is recorded then later mixed into the master by the audio engineer. Once this master recording is pressed into CD (or distributed digitally) it's going to be in stereo. There are very few exceptions to this (the quadraphonic experimentation era being a good example), so you're not likely to run into something mastered as more than two channels without specifically looking for it.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Lebon14
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 02:49 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

I don't know of any Euro-Beat track that has been (re)mastered in 5.1 or 7.1. All I've seen is Stereo. (I don't count Mono).
Tessou
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 03:16 PM

NO BLACK ★ NO LIFE
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (KonradZuse @ 5 hours, 14 minutes ago)
EDIT:......

Why does "Euro beat" without a space, translate to "Country Rock..."

I'm so confused with that edit LOL...

you mentioned it earlier, and I was confused when you said Country Rock out of nowhere LOL.

Blame the other admin. He played with the filter last week after I did.
Milachan
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 03:41 PM

Charrobeat

Member No.: 42,031

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 52 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
I don't know of any Euro-Beat track that has been (re)mastered in 5.1 or 7.1. All I've seen is Stereo. (I don't count Mono).

Yep.

KonradZuse, I don't think there's a very specific type of headphone that's better for listening something or not - is more a matter of personal taste, I believe - that said for gaming or music (euro.beat included). If you liked the old one, good, stick to it, won't make a huge difference in the quality.

i'm not sure about what's happening in this thread but the whole country rock thing is making me laugh terribly

This post has been edited by Milachan on Aug 17 2015, 03:42 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 03:56 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Milachan @ 15 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
i'm not sure about what's happening in this thread but the whole country rock thing is making me laugh terribly

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QesaRyrFALU )
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 04:43 PM

moon★bunny

I'm loving that ëurobeat has now become a dirty word... yosh! now it's cool to like ëurobeat again!

*starts singing ëurobeat karaoke*

arghh, dumb youtube-block at work is 'drivin' me ...crazy... on emotion!' Funnily enough, nico nico was left intact. XD
gensek
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 09:43 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 36,771

Two ear - two channels. The rest in the trash. Failure kvadrofonii example.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 09:53 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

You're probably one of those people who honestly believes that games shouldn't bother to run faster than 30 FPS because after all, the human eye cannot perceive beyond that. facepalm.gif

EDIT: Removed reference to above user's grasp of a foreign language after research into said user's origin was performed. Commentary about how ridiculous a claim it is that anything more than two channels goes unprocessed remains.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Aug 17 2015, 09:56 PM
The Sixth Element
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 10:30 PM

matter intangible

Member No.: 44,779

QUOTE (Milachan @ 6 hours, 49 minutes ago)
Yep.

KonradZuse, I don't think there's a very specific type of headphone that's better for listening something or not - is more a matter of personal taste, I believe - that said for gaming or music (euro.beat included). If you liked the old one, good, stick to it, won't make a huge difference in the quality.

country rock(circa 90s) doesn't play perfectly with a specific headset like a Seinheiser or Autotechnica. country rock(2010) can be played around with sound modifiers and can sound a bit better. It also has to do with the Music File. I remember when I was in High School, Beats by Dre were expensive and good, as I thought, until I saw the demo music they were showing which had been modified from the original which makes the headset sound better. It proves that 7.1 and other modifiers can work or not work.
xiao
Posted: Aug 17 2015, 10:56 PM

moon★bunny

QUOTE (gensek @ 1 hour, 12 minutes ago)
Two ear - two channels. The rest in the trash. Failure kvadrofonii example.

In Soviet Russia, Euro Beats You!

...sorry couldn't resist. XD

Anyone please feel free to make random Texas jokes... y'all.

[on topic=] Ditto on all that's been said; aside from an uber guarded Pro Tools session direct from the studio/avex, your best bet is probably the audio off one of those ParaPara DVD's/BD's; dunno, hope it helps. sweatingbullets.gif