Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Feel a Thrill

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

159 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 308,360  ·  Replies: 3,950 
> Post Your Day !!, Interesting events ^_^
icedagger
Posted: Aug 25 2006, 08:52 AM

Slowpoke...

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,773

OMG today was funny.

I had some business to take care of in Manila, so I went to the city. Sometime in the afternoon, I had some time to kill, so I dropped by the arcade at the mall. They had IDAS, and there were a few kids (maybe 12 or 13 or so) hanging around the machines. One of them was sitting in one of the cabs. I checked the time attack records on the other cab, and noticed that #1 for Sho OB was 3'13. So I bought a few tokens and prepared to TA it. I left accept challengers on, and proceeded with the TA.

I didn't get 5 seconds into the TA before I got challenged. He had an Altezza, and the first thing I noticed was that he had 7 consecutive wins. I checked his TA records while he was selecting a map. I was a bit puzzled. His times sucked. He was running 3'20+ on Akina, and 3'30 on Shomaru OB. He takes me to Shomaru OB, and tells me me to turn off boost. He wins start up. (I'm using my RX8, and he has automatic transmission)

After taking several curves I finally realized that my wheel was broken. It was responding just fine, but it wasn't locked properly or something. It wouldn't turn more than around 180 degrees to the right, and it would turn almost 360 going to the left. So I'd have to deal with extra understeer when turning right.

I guess that's why he had 7 consecutive wins. Damn fisher.

So I just did my best to keep up. I just concentrated on taking the turns cleanly (but slowly). It was tricky work, I was either erasing, braking, or ungassing almost every right turn on the course. I managed to keep a decent speed though (110+ for most of the course).

As I figured from his TA records, he was a complete noob, He kept hitting the walls, and he was pretty slow. It was easy keeping up with him, and he ended up blocking me all the way through the first few parts of the course..

I was stifling a laugh when we got through the M-Section though. He messed up and understeered into the wall, so I managed to squeeze past him. Normally it wouldn't be so "entertaining" except that I couldn't turn my wheel all the way to the right, and the M-Section is a right turn in Sho OB.

After the match I TA'd Shomaru and got a 3'11. Then I left. I figured there was no point in playing with a broken wheel, especially with fishers present. As I was leaving, I took a quick glance behind me and saw them turning the wheel all the way to the right (well, as far as it would go anyway) and scratching their heads.

This post has been edited by icedagger on Aug 25 2006, 08:54 AM
DALAZ_68
Posted: Aug 25 2006, 09:39 AM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

Member No.: 8,512

QUOTE (Pasta @ Today at 6:22 AM)
Got the model record for Usui CCW in the R34. happy.gif Got it on video too. Check the video resources forum.

http://ranking.segarosso.com/inidas3e/n2_r...5&car=9&area=69

i just have to sat that is some sick shit there pasta

by wut?!?! 200 hundreths of a second !??! is crazyy specially to take MR

nice
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
RX-7
Posted: Aug 25 2006, 05:19 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,702

battle my good friend battle level 23 vs my battle level 11. evo vs rx-8. all battle won except for last battle i let him win.
hellspare
Posted: Aug 25 2006, 06:04 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,404

New card today, left accept on and won 13 in a row. They were all nubs that challenged me though. A pro challenged me, and when he saw my consecs with a new card he's like oh sheeet. Too bad I lost. Hahahah.

This post has been edited by hellspare on Aug 25 2006, 06:04 PM
ChaosSoldier
Posted: Aug 25 2006, 10:10 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 8,382

awesome day today...because i take a big step toward the area record for iro reverse dry again...today i pulled a 3'05'04x...and im hoping to lower CP1 even more...and that run had a wall tap on the last hairpin...so its getting there...oh and i lowered ALL of my iro wet times by about half a second....w00t...
Arcy
Posted: Aug 25 2006, 11:00 PM

DC2=34th ranked car=RACER LVL 30 !!!!!!

Member No.: 4,335

went to play initial d on my lunch break from work and defeated 8th star bunta on akina with my DC2 to give me 28 racer level stars w00t ! I do however wanna get to akina snow bunta with my DC2 as I have added that to my goal list. On the 8th star, damn was I blocking him the entire way, basically in the 3rd to last lap i was jes braking harder than normal and cutting the apex just so he won't past me and it was a biiiitcchhh stayin in front but I managed and got a time of 3'03 on akina dh vs bunta with my DC2 =D. One more for AKINA and one more for IRO!!! YAAYY!
?wha?
Posted: Aug 26 2006, 01:06 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

had some random battles, and one more lvl up!

MR2 vs evo 4 iro dhd

This race for all intensive puposes was to get some steam off after the computer shops i went to ran out of the laptop i wanted. blasted him off the line and won rather easily. b/l up to 16!

MR2 vs evo 4 iro dhd

if i didn't say anything, it woulda been tsuchi IBW for me, so i was lucky to have a decent opponent rather than a fisher. again, got start, but reversed 2 turns before the jumps and handed him 100m adv. after the jumps it was abt 5 but again, reversed myself. lost and lvl down >:(

MR2 vs evo 4.... well take a wild guess where that went?

most interesting, because i tried to reverse him and failed, and he tried to reverse me and failed, so i managed to win by blasting him on the jumps, and win. b/l up YAY!
icedagger
Posted: Aug 26 2006, 05:49 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

Today was a very happy day TA wise.

I got to the arcade in the afternoon, and had to wait an hour or so before getting to play. Someone else was trying to retake the record I took the previous week. (3'08 on Sho IB from his 3'10). He managed a 3'09, but he was getting pretty close because the total difference time was red all through out CP1 to 3.

Anyway, I sat down, did a few TAs on Tsuchi OB, and basically tried upping my exit speeds for the first few sections. After a few tries I managed to get my times from 2'48 to 2'46. biggrin.gif. I took the rollers pretty well this time I think. Got through cleanly at 140+.

Next I tackled Sho IB and OB. I focused on cleaning up my run and avoiding wall taps rather than trying to take the turns faster. I got both times down from 3'08 to 3'07.

Next I TA'd Akagi DH D. I surprised myself on the first turn by getting a 128 clean exit, with plenty of room on the right. No techs except basic braking and downshifting. It kinda makes me wonder if TSTing that turn (like what was done in the 2'19 video) would really do much good. I got a 2'27 low (just missed the machine record by 0'00'004).

On the second run I got a 131 exit on the first turn, but I tail tapped the wall X_X. I got through this run pretty fast, and managed to clinch a 2'26. I was a bit disappointed though. I understeered the last turn and scraped the wall badly. I crossed the line at 125km/h X_X. My CP3 difference time was -2 seconds from the 2'27 record, so if I had only cleared that last turn better I'm pretty sure I could've gotten a 2'25. X_X. I'll have to try for it next week.

EDIT: I also TA'd Akina, and got a 3'10. Heh, it's the only RX-8 record on the machine's Akina DH D board. I think I can push it a lot farther though.

This post has been edited by icedagger on Aug 26 2006, 05:52 AM
Excel
Posted: Aug 26 2006, 02:41 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

Here are a few times I got over the past few days:

Sho IB Dry R32 - 2'58'5
Took me like 5 tries to achieve this time... CP1 was +.1, CP2 was +.1, CP3 was +.1 and CP4 was +.2, so a bit of room to improve, although it will be hard =_=

Sho IB Wet R32 - 3'03'3
This was real easy, especially after driving all those crappy cars here. This was done in 2 tries. I can do 3'02'mid without TOO much more effort.

Sho IB Dry GDB - 3'01'8
This was a pretty good run, pretty much my limit. I could push maybe .2 more, but I really need to figure out how to do a faster CP2.

Akina UH Dry GDB - 3'10'9
2 tries, did this inbetween Sho IB runs. Pretty crappy >_<

Iro DH Dry GDB - 3'02'6
Also did this between Sho runs, first try, and equally as crappy T_T
FD3SIzDaBest
Posted: Aug 26 2006, 03:10 PM

It's All or Nothing Right Now

Member No.: 10,657

QUOTE (Excel @ Today at 6:41 PM)
Here are a few times I got over the past few days:

Sho IB Dry R32 - 2'58'5
Took me like 5 tries to achieve this time... CP1 was +.1, CP2 was +.1, CP3 was +.1 and CP4 was +.2, so a bit of room to improve, although it will be hard =_=

Sho IB Wet R32 - 3'03'3
This was real easy, especially after driving all those crappy cars here. This was done in 2 tries. I can do 3'02'mid without TOO much more effort.

Sho IB Dry GDB - 3'01'8
This was a pretty good run, pretty much my limit. I could push maybe .2 more, but I really need to figure out how to do a faster CP2.

Akina UH Dry GDB - 3'10'9
2 tries, did this inbetween Sho IB runs. Pretty crappy >_<

Iro DH Dry GDB - 3'02'6
Also did this between Sho runs, first try, and equally as crappy T_T

Cmon Excel get that Rx8 of yours and beat Mike's Sho IB grin2.gif .
Excel
Posted: Aug 26 2006, 04:52 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

I lost it =_= No idea where it could possibly be >_< Might try with my Capp to get 57, but I gotta inspect it first.

EDIT: I found it. My RX-8 and my GC8 were in a sock in my sock drawer. Dunno how they got in there, I only found them when I went to put the sock on XD

This post has been edited by Excel on Aug 26 2006, 07:59 PM
MR2 drift
Posted: Aug 26 2006, 07:33 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 19,412

I just conquered Akagi with my MR2, then went on to Akina. While I was racing against Nakazato, some guy comes up behind me and tries to teach me how to play. I was thinking to myself Is this guy serious? dry.gif . I mean it's not like I was doing really badly. Then when I beat Nakazato, he tells me,"You may have won, but your downfall is that you keep both hands on the steering wheel too much." I just kinda ingnored him until I was having a hard time with Kyouichi, then he said that he would race me. He was probably thinking that he would get an easy win off of me, so I was all like ok. Then I thought it would be my chance to show this guy up. He told me to choose any course, and I choose Irohazaka DH. Then the guy scoffs a bit as if I were a noob and I couldn't handle the course. I beat the guy by 300 meters. Still feeling a bit smug he challenges me again, unfortunately I lost on Tsuchisaka, but I got him back and utterly killed him on Akagi DH. After that session, I leveled up happy.gif

This post has been edited by MR2 drift on Aug 26 2006, 07:35 PM
TruenoDriver99
Posted: Aug 26 2006, 07:39 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 19,641

today was prob the best day of my ID career. lol. I have an 86t and i challenge a guy to my home course akina. I know that i was fishing him but he stayed way too long in that cab and his points were up for grabs. 86t vs rx 7 (fc). I won by 300m.

After him another 86t challenged me on akina. He was one of the few that has an AE86 trueno. From the the line i got infront. (staying in my own lane) On the first turn i cleared it perfectly and i think he tap the wall alittle. From then on i was gaining more and more. Wen it came to the hairpins i went from 120km all the way to 100km. He caught up there but i still maintained the lead. I beat him by like 100m.

Then an DC2 challenged me to akina snow dh. I beat him by a 200m.
My winning streak ended there when a evo took me to akagi and i lost by 50m.
But i got my revenge by goin akina snow uh. I was trailing for 3/4 of the course then i turned off my lights and passed him couple hundred meters from the finish line. I beat by like 150m.
Best day ever grin2.gif
chubbbayaidan
Posted: Aug 26 2006, 07:54 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 13,141

Nice stuff today. I did a lot of Bunta and actually got quite a few of them. I battled twice and lost and won one.
DC2 vs ST205 - Akagi DH dry - loss (I had no idea why I was doing so badly, but whatever =P)
DC2 vs AE86T - Akina DH dry - win (Was really easy, his Trueno was undertuned quite a bit and was really n00bish in a way, ie. hitting the walls a lot)
In the Bunta challenges, I actually got 2 Racer LVL stars afterward.
Tekn0
Posted: Aug 26 2006, 08:38 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 17,906

Today was a good and bad day. My RX-8 decided to go psycho on me and so I had to buy a new one. I bought it B-tune and like how it is so far..

Lost some, won some..

And I think I just met CoastalmixX. If you are reading this, I was the kid with the towel!

And I found the quote of the day: "I have inside!"
Arcy
Posted: Aug 26 2006, 09:29 PM

DC2=34th ranked car=RACER LVL 30 !!!!!!

Member No.: 4,335

QUOTE (TruenoDriver99 @ Today at 8:39 PM)
today was prob the best day of my ID career. lol. I have an 86t and i challenge a guy to my home course akina. I know that i was fishing him but he stayed way too long in that cab and his points were up for grabs. 86t vs rx 7 (fc). I won by 300m.

After him another 86t challenged me on akina. He was one of the few that has an AE86 trueno. From the the line i got infront. (staying in my own lane) On the first turn i cleared it perfectly and i think he tap the wall alittle. From then on i was gaining more and more. Wen it came to the hairpins i went from 120km all the way to 100km. He caught up there but i still maintained the lead. I beat him by like 100m.

Then an DC2 challenged me to akina snow dh. I beat him by a 200m.
My winning streak ended there when a evo took me to akagi and i lost by 50m.
But i got my revenge by goin akina snow uh. I was trailing for 3/4 of the course then i turned off my lights and passed him couple hundred meters from the finish line. I beat by like 150m.
Best day ever grin2.gif

where do you live... I'll challenge you with my DC2 on snow =)
Cowman715
Posted: Aug 27 2006, 05:05 AM

The only Miata driver around

Member No.: 14,640

From 2 days ago... Never got a chance to update

So when I first got to the arcade the regular n00bs were there... and some uber n00ber. He was driving an S2000 vs some girl that has never played thinking he was hot shit. The n00b kids were like you can kick his ass. I'm like... I know. So I got to race him... I covered my stars so he couldn't see them. He's like A MIATA!? Who the hell picks a Miata!

NA6C vs AP1 Akagi DHD- Played around with him the entire race biggrin.gif After CP3 I couldn't take it and passed him on the sharp right turn and that was it. 500M lead.

He laughed at my aura and said I boosted off friends... I then added the remark "At least I don't fish little girls"

SO anyway! Now that Bunta was done... I did Lots again for the 2nd time... RL UP. Just 1 more to go.

THen I did some Buntas... 3 more on happo. Didn't really have any problems at all... New Buntas 10/10/10/10/10/13/10/10

WOOO

2 more battles

NA6C vs MR2 Iro DHD Win... Had start up... did pretty well... he cought up at the jumps passed me on one jump then I passed him again on the next

NA6C vs Rx-8 Akagi DHD Lose... Hate the Rx-8... Passed me from start up and the lead kept going... I almost cought up at the beginning but he blocked and that was it.. :-(
rx8driver
Posted: Aug 27 2006, 05:46 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 18,870

i m officially not a rx8 driver because i exchage car with a friend until the next inspection come, i will be driving a 1.5mil GC8V grin2.gif

cannot handle the car yet..it behave strangely compare to the rx8, did some TA and get 3'12 sho ib dry, 2'34 akagi down dry, 3'12 iro down dry ermm2.gif ermm2.gif

i am so used to the understeer rx8 that i turn the GC8V the same way as i turn the rx8..ended up always scrapping the inner wall of tsuchi blink.gif

basically i feel the GC8V is totally underpower, weak 5th gear at shomaru, undriveable on shomaru wet, a bit unstable on tsuchi...it is easier to than rx8 on iro but it have no power sad.gif
Posted: Aug 27 2006, 08:20 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

the 8v isnt underpowered, its a good car that does pretty well on most courses (putting iro aside) and really good on akina
rx8driver
Posted: Aug 27 2006, 08:50 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 18,870

maybe i am too used to the rx8..it keep going non stop even in 6th gear happy.gif

the gc8v seem out of breath on 4th and 5th gear..but it dont have the bad understeer like rx8 blink.gif

XenoDream
Posted: Aug 27 2006, 09:22 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 18,929

I played Techn0 and I beat him once on Irohazaka, but lost the next time. Had to be because I had a cut that just started bleeding on my finger and got around the steering wheel and Ducky went to the bathroom to get wet paper towels. He placed them right on my gears meter and stuff so I didn't know if I was over reving or what gear I was on and lost my lead alot til' I threw the paper on the floor. I'll race him again next time.
CoastalmixX
Posted: Aug 27 2006, 12:05 PM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

Yesterday:

Went to a Boomers up north while I was out of town out of boredom and because other plans didn't fall through. I was with my bros and we were all just chillin there, some of them left to go to the casino after, and I left shortly after I was done. XD

Anyway, got a few races with 2 of the locals there.

I used a stock FD at around 50k.

FD3SI vs CN9A Iro DHD - win; he was TAing it with his E4 so I decided to take him there.

FD3SI vs. R32 Akagi DHW Boost ON - win; my bro wanted to race me... I can't say I didn't warn him. XD

FD3SI vs. AE86M Happo IBD Boost OFF 1x, Boost ON 2x - win (3);
- I raced this guy during my freshman year and he beat me cuz I was very rusty back then. Looks like it was the other way around this time. He kept trying to take me on Happo IBD but couldn't stay within 50m.

After that... I took the Happo OBD record with this car. Even with all the mistakes I still took it with a 2'27". XD

Will go later today... biggrin.gif
W.A.R
Posted: Aug 27 2006, 08:58 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

Played ID today for like 2 turns got in one battle it was ok thats bout it.

lates
Smikey
Posted: Aug 27 2006, 09:20 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MAYOR
Member No.: 14,329

Bought a Celica for Snow, gonna work on getting a 3'20'' yes it is possible I know it is. It is stock and I can run a 3'23'' so we shall see how this turns out.

Got some battles in as well.

First Battle Some random kid.:
ST205 vs. CE9A Snow DH Boost ON = Win. He left it on I give him about 700m Head start and he goes dude you have to press the gas, and points to it and then he runs headon into the wall of the second hairpin. I hit the gass took off and passed him before the RHOD O.o

Second set, A regular who I am friends with:
ST205 vs. CN9A Snow DH Boost OFF =Win. He wanted to race and decided to pick Snow DH. He wanted some practice with me on my home course. I am top in my city on the course. But, yeah I think I won by like 900+ m

ST205 vs. CN9A Usui CW Wet Boost OFF = Loss. I messed up bad on the first hairpin. Don't know why. Oh well. After that it was all downhill...Lost by about 1200+ I pulled over. Ejected card.

CT9A vs. CN9A Tsuchi OB Dry Boost OFF = Loss. He got start up. After that I was within 50m the entire time. At the rollers I got to -4.3m and then I couldnt see and like walltapped and he pulled away...At the last 2 turns I caught up to him. He won my 2.1m >_<

CT9A vs. CN9A Snow DH Boost OFF = Win. I hold the top time in my city with my Evo 7. So this one was easy. HE insisted on me going there. I was like okay.

CT9A vs. CN9A Akina DH Boost OFF = Win. I forgot how this race happened cause I picked it but I dont remember losing twice againest him. and i know i picked snow both times. Oh well. But yeah Kind of tricky but fun.

This post has been edited by smikey on Aug 27 2006, 09:41 PM
DALAZ_68
Posted: Aug 27 2006, 10:53 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

Member No.: 8,512

dah was so close to a 57''8xx

had already -432 end of section 2. i finished my 3rd section and i light up -600 but the damn thing locked to the rite on a f**ken straight away. i was like NOOOO

after that run i was exausted
couldnt even red line no more crying2.gif

159 Pages  1 2 3 4 »