Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Sound Files Vol.1) admiration

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

11 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 21,391  ·  Replies: 270 
> Destiny, Bungie's next epic?
r3d$unz
  Posted: Jun 14 2014, 03:50 AM

GRRRR...YO! Apachai daio~!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,533

IDW! it's been such a long time (Been frequenting this site for 10 years. That's crazy...) And upon looking at the gaming section noticed there wasn't a thread on this, ridiculous! Honestly a game I've been keeping my eye on since it was "leaked" during the lawsuit Bungie went through a few years back.

From the Creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty. In Destiny you are a Guardian of the last city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system, from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Defeat Earth’s enemies. Reclaim all that we have lost. Become legend.

A Bold New World
Embark on an epic action adventure with rich cinematic storytelling where you unravel the mysteries of our universe and reclaim what we lost at the fall of our Golden Age.

More Ways To Play
The next evolution of the first-person action genre that provides an unprecedented combination of storytelling, cooperative, competitive, and public gameplay, and personal activities that are all seamlessly woven into an expansive, persistent online world. Venture out alone or join up with friends. The choice is yours.

Create Your Legend
Personalize and upgrade every aspect of how you look and fight with a nearly limitless combination of armor, weapons, and visual customizations. Take your upgraded character into every mode, including campaign, cooperative, social, public, and competitive multiplayer.

Source: Bungie

user posted image

After E3 2014 I am more than hyped for this game, I managed to get my hands on the Destiny Alpha and decided to stream and upload a few gameplay videos.

twitch is right here for my channel

As well as YouTube

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWwSwcwbBds )

Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Jun 14 2014, 06:21 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Keep it coming. As a sad, sad 360 owner, I can only watch. The beta comes next month and I'll get a look at what was scaled back for the older consoles.

Probably won't have a shot at an Xbox One until August. Bills to pay and all that. sad.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Spaz
Posted: Jun 14 2014, 11:39 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

I headed over to a buddy's last night to play the Alpha, definitely liked it. Controls and feel are Halo, but gameplay is very Borderlands. A very comfortable fusion that I could jump right into with nothing but smiles.

He forgot to turn off his Twitch feed too so I was on there for a bit too, haha.
r3d$unz
  Posted: Jun 14 2014, 12:14 PM

I'll post more stream vids after work. I've got character creation as well as some PVE stuff.

The alpha has been awesome so far. I haven't seen anything from the 360 version yet but for a multiplatform game it looks gorgeous to look at. Bungie definitely know how to create expansive vistas.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tessou
Posted: Jun 14 2014, 12:28 PM

Group Icon

They haven't shown anything from old consoles because there's no point to it. They want to show off the pretty version of the game.

Bungie did mention that nothing content-wise would be scaled back for older consoles, so we're getting the same experience, just not as nice looking, as far as I can tell. I'm only playing the beta on 360, so it doesn't really matter to me in the long run. I'll be playing the retail release on an Xbox One.
Seri
Posted: Jun 14 2014, 12:30 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

I'm unfortunately stuck with the PS3 version, because I just can't justify a next generation console yet.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 14 2014, 03:55 PM

Group Icon

In contrast to your viewpoint, Destiny was what convinced me to buy a next gen console. laugh.gif

Are there any unique weapons in the alpha? A Game Informer article displayed three examples, one of which was a sniper rifle that gave you active camo as long as you were looking through the scope.
r3d$unz
  Posted: Jun 14 2014, 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 3 hours, 2 minutes ago)
In contrast to your viewpoint, Destiny was what convinced me to buy a next gen console. laugh.gif

Are there any unique weapons in the alpha? A Game Informer article displayed three examples, one of which was a sniper rifle that gave you active camo as long as you were looking through the scope.

Not that I saw, at least not while I was using any.

Though there is a lot of variety in terms of the weapons and gear, that "MMO" sie of it really shines through as there are very obvious roles for each class. You can even draw aggro on both regular mobs and bosses.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 16 2014, 10:09 AM

Group Icon

The alpha is now over. Bungie played around a bit and allowed players to stay in the game after it officially ended for a short time, albeit after switching on "expert mode" and littering all areas with insanely tough enemies. Perhaps a taste of what the Vault of Glass will be like. Bungie's cofounder Jason Jones labeled the Vault of Glass as "the most difficult challenge we've ever created" in a recent official video. The penis hardens.

I found this today. The alpha's strike mission, set on Legendary difficulty. Looks painful.
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYMEK7sOjwo )

Bungie updated their page yesterday to reflect a sudden change in plans for the beta. On July 17th, the Beta officially opens for PS3 and PS4 users. Originally, this was an all-inclusive date for all consoles. Now the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of the beta are given a "soon after" date. I have a feeling this is because of some sort of communication with Microsoft regarding servers, certification, etc. Their way of doing things is not the same as Sony, so I have a feeling it's related to getting it running on Xbox Live.

Nonetheless, it pisses me off that Xbox guys like me are getting the short end of things again. No alpha for us, no beta until TBD. Next they'll tell us that the Xbox versions of the retail game are being delayed.
r3d$unz
  Posted: Jun 16 2014, 07:49 PM

I did Devil's Lair on legend and it was ridiculous. But pretty rewarding once you get through with your fireteam.

The entire experience was just great, July 17th cannot come soon enough
Tessou
Posted: Jul 16 2014, 11:23 AM

Group Icon

Destiny Beta is live tomorrow for PS3 and PS4 users. Xbox One and 360 users can start playing on the 23rd.

In the meantime, Bungie has revamped their website and activated clans, so let's get going with this already! Clans are not tied to platforms, so we can all stay together even if we're split by the consoles we're playing on.

IDWF Clan is live. Players will get some sort of benefits if they play together, so there's no reason not to join up.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Jul 16 2014, 02:49 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Hopefully at least some stuff carries over from the Alpha, I don't wanna lose that pimpin' void shotgun I found. sad.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jul 16 2014, 06:43 PM

Group Icon

I watched IGN's beta gameplay today and was impressed with everything but the stupid fucking PVP. The moon map, with vehicles on display, made it terribly obvious that vehicles are not balanced for PVP. Guardians have little in the way of defense if a tank comes around, as there is no way to do solid damage to them besides using another tank or a rocket launcher, and you cannot mount them like you could in Halo. This means that Guardians using heavy machine guns as their special weapon are effectively screwed.

The rest of it, though, was awesome. Bungie did a great job with the drop-in multiplayer, and I saw a lot of instances where waves of enemies ALMOST killed the fireteam, but then they were saved by another group of random players that just happened to be in the area. A small firefight escalated into a huge battle with a lot more than three Guardians, and I fell in love.

HOPEFULLY this is represented in the 360/PS3 versions of the game as well. Things aren't looking good on the "I'll get an XONE by release date" front for this hombre. sad.gif
Alastair
Posted: Jul 17 2014, 09:14 AM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

can anybody explain what is going on with the beta site. i can't get my code info and whatever.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 17 2014, 09:39 AM

Group Icon

Are you trying to get access on a Playstation console, or an Xbox console?
APX
Posted: Jul 17 2014, 04:52 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Waiting for my promotion to leader. smile.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jul 17 2014, 06:43 PM

Group Icon

I promoted you to admin in the IDWF clan, if that's what you're talking about.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Jul 17 2014, 07:31 PM

Goddamn Electric

Welp, it's basically the Alpha but with a shit-ton more content.

I'm in love. wub.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jul 17 2014, 08:20 PM

Group Icon

Level cap still 8? Bungie said "you'll just have to find out for yourself" when somebody asked.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Jul 17 2014, 08:54 PM

Goddamn Electric

Dunno, busy playing Crucible.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 17 2014, 09:18 PM

Group Icon

A lot of streams seem to show players at level 8, with no further XP progression on their player card.

Really wondering why Bungie is still putting higher level weapon drops in the beta if nobody can ever use them in the beta.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Jul 18 2014, 01:11 AM

Goddamn Electric

Yeah, looks like the limit is still 8. Doesn't matter, having too much fun destroying people in Crucible. biggrin.gif
MidnightViper88
Posted: Jul 21 2014, 06:04 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

QUOTE (Tessou @ Jul 18 2014, 01:18 AM)
A lot of streams seem to show players at level 8, with no further XP progression on their player card.

Really wondering why Bungie is still putting higher level weapon drops in the beta if nobody can ever use them in the beta.

The beta is effectively a demonstration, a demo game; Full game playability, but obviously with very short limits and content locks. The beta is only open for what, a week and a half, while the full game is going to be released in a month and 2 weeks? It would be kind of pointless otherwise. Consider it like a taste of power. I'd feel so in vein if I invested so much time leveling and gearing for something so temporary, personally.

Anyway. My brother gave me one of his beta codes when he pre-ordered Destiny, and I've been playing a bit of it for the past two days. I've always been a PlayStation guy; Always have been, always will be. But I've had experience living with an X-Box, since my brother also kept a 360 at our dad's house, just as something different to play in contrast to the PS3 he keeps at home with his mom. I've watched him play Halo a lot, and while the game intrigued me, I never had enough of an interest to play. So I'm familiar with how Bungie works on the outside looking in, but Destiny had a certain ring to it that had me really interested, enough to get me to actually invest into it. Being able to play it on a PS3 helps, although for the time being, until the PS4 gets an exclusive game that I want to play that I can't play on a PS3, I'll stick with my PS3 for the time being, as graphics aren't nearly as important to me as other things are. It still awes me, even if I may be missing out.

I fucking love this game. It makes me wonder why I never bothered to at least give Halo a try whenever my brother wasn't at my dad's. But I really love how the controls are intuitive and really smooth; I can run and gun just as easily as I can take it precise like a tactical operator. So much shit from the weapons and even the enemies remind me of Halo (Why the fuck is there another enemy that likes to spaz-out side jumps like an Elite? Stay the fuck still, already!). I chose a Hunter at first (As something different from the seemingly-obvious choice of rolling a Titan) before rolling a Warlock as my second, both out of curiosity. The Warlock actually seems so interesting to me, for implementing a magic user in an FPS game, and his special Force Push attack is so practical for getting out of tight, cornered situations. Yes, it's a fucking short-range Force Push. After playing so much Star Wars: The Old Republic lately in my life, that's what I'm calling it.

At the drawback of having such limited ammo and range and having to charge it up and hope you're steady on aim at release, the FR1 energy rifle is so broken. "OH NOEZ, BOSS WITCH! Must kill it nao!" 2 or 3 shots later from across the room, it's already dead; So pathetic. What the fuck is the point of kinetic energy anymore?

I don't know if I have time in my life for an MMOFPSRPG, but I'll have to start thinking ahead and wondering where my life is going to go when this game gets released.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 21 2014, 08:42 PM

Group Icon

Lots of people are murmuring that the release game's level cap will be 20, and that it'll be all about gear after that to make yourself stronger. Bungie has been very quiet about the beta's carryover into the full game aside from a special emblem that you can only pick up by playing the beta on the 26th. They were handing out legendary gear (and ships) during the Iron Banner event, so there might be something there.

Rumor has it that they will open up the moon as a playable area after the two-day maintenance period (along with activating the beta for Xbox players).
Drift Dude
Posted: Jul 22 2014, 11:50 AM

That guy from Belgium

Member No.: 24,995

Man, even with the level restriction of only level 8, the fact that you can find higher level weapons and armor but can't use them.

They just sit there, taunting you: 'bwahaha you can use us yet.'

Curse you Bungie for doing this, CURSE YOU!

But other then that I can enjoy the Beta. And as such it's on my very limited list of 'FPS games I like to play'.

11 Pages  1 2 3 »