Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) Dave Rodgers - The Race Of The Night

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,458  ·  Replies: 61 
> How to modify a FD to a unstoppable drifting car?, Any ideas?
Siao Chung
    Posted: Oct 2 2007, 09:29 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,824

Im new to IDAS4 here...from version 2 till now FD is the only car that i like drive...But i found out that in IDAS4 FD almost all the same as the rest of those FR cars...moditying it may change the effect...but still i got no idea how to modify it...some say modify it till all 7-7-7-7-7...some say 7-7-2-1-1 or something...Any bright ideas how to balance a FD on every course? unsure.gif
Kenji
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 09:35 AM

Diesel freak!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,899

Well, the best way to modify is to FT the car as in 7-7-7-7-7

Engine increases your top speed
Intake improves the acceleration
Suspension improves handling/reduces understeer
Body reduces the penalty you get from crashing, helps in reducing understeer too
ECU reduces the speed loss during cornering...

Hope it helps... smile.gif
Siao Chung
  Posted: Oct 2 2007, 09:47 AM

Shmuck

Ah...how bout the body? modifying the whole body will it having any advantage and disadvantage? unlike IDAS3...FD3SI (type R) chosing option 4 is a pain the ass when cornering...
hahariz
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 10:04 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,601

Exterior affect nothing in game.
CoastalmixX
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 10:22 AM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

Make EVERYTHING CF to drift max power!!!
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 12:53 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

i want to tune my fd to become faster. given the effect the mods hav, wat should i put priority to tune the internals?
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 05:58 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 25,572

LoL....
Exterior doesnt affect=.= I have been changing my FD parts for the past week and no so much of a difference can be felt=.= Or perhaps no difference at all.... Rather, use ur skill to compensate the thing that u lack. If your car not drifty enough, then try pc'ing into a corner then pc when u hit wheel lock.... Should help in drifting bah....
Sly
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 01:53 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 25,490

QUOTE (CoastalmixX @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM)
Make EVERYTHING CF to drift max power!!!

change everything to CF, then car become too light, then enter akina consecs at 220km/h (real road), and see your car flying into the horizon
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 03:04 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 21,171

hmm .. i would say exterior mods are just the same as the previous "versions" of the franchise. It affects just that teeny weeny little bit, to the point that whether it's worth any further discussion/debate/flame/jokes on the subject, you decide.
Bruce
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 04:25 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,939

QUOTE (Siao Chung @ Yesterday at 9:29 AM)
Im new to IDAS4 here...from version 2 till now FD is the only car that i like drive...But i found out that in IDAS4 FD almost all the same as the rest of those FR cars...moditying it may change the effect...but still i got no idea how to modify it...some say modify it till all 7-7-7-7-7...some say 7-7-2-1-1 or something...Any bright ideas how to balance a FD on every course? unsure.gif

remember your skill also make you unstoptable fear2.gif (your car i mean, not you whistling.gif )
venth85
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 04:32 AM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

car exterior parts don't do anything in performance, since there are too many parts. if there is, then the performance tune itself serves no purpose(Body stiffness tune). I changed my FD parts like 20 times...still nothing changes
*RAY
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 04:49 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 26,574

i personal tink there is a different in e body kit. i am oso a fd user i juz tune e project d latest stage tt fd part loh. bt i oni agree about e wheel i change. other den tt i tink tt all ba. wing a little 2 smile.gif bt stil skill is e most important tin. without it, don even tink of anything. so gd luck n practice more.
ichi-nii
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 05:55 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 26,347

When you FT your car.. the car reaches it's limits.. thus.. there can be no more improvements..

However.. there is no limit when it comes to the driver.. thus when you reach this point.. it's the driver that must improve..

"The greatest upgrade you can ever give your car is the driver." happy.gif
Tiga
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 08:25 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 26,710

QUOTE (ichi-nii @ Today at 2:55 PM)
When you FT your car.. the car reaches it's limits.. thus.. there can be no more improvements..

However.. there is no limit when it comes to the driver.. thus when you reach this point.. it's the driver that must improve..

well said.

You should aim to FT your car to 7-7-7-7-7, coz then you can't blame your car for your slow time and it's all on you! wink2.gif
venth85
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 08:45 AM

Hello again~~

QUOTE (*RAY @ Today at 4:49 AM)
i personal tink there is a different in e body kit. i am oso a fd user i juz tune e project d latest stage tt fd part loh. bt i oni agree about e wheel i change. other den tt i tink tt all ba. wing a little 2 smile.gif bt stil skill is e most important tin. without it, don even tink of anything. so gd luck n practice more.

OT bit erm dry.gif i having hard time reading your post

This post has been edited by venth85 on Oct 3 2007, 08:48 AM
Siao Chung
  Posted: Oct 3 2007, 10:09 AM

Shmuck

Ah cool...is there any course that is best for a FD? since modifying all 7-7-7-7-7...and which course / car(like in IDAS3...EVO 3 for akagi uphill or R32 in myogi wet) is like the worse enemy for a FD? ermm2.gif
Kenji
Posted: Oct 4 2007, 04:52 AM

Diesel freak!

Member No.: 25,899

worst enemy for a FD= yourself

You have to control the sudden understeer that will slip in during cornering...
It's not hard to predict when those understeer occur anyway...
PC is the ultimate weapon... ^.^

This post has been edited by KenjiDc2 on Oct 4 2007, 04:53 AM
Siao Chung
    Posted: Oct 4 2007, 07:28 PM

Shmuck

One last thing i want to know about IDAS4...currently im playing english version...so now i im using a english version IDAS4 card...is it possible i play it with a japanes version IDAS4? unsure.gif
BDDEE@
Posted: Oct 4 2007, 07:43 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

english cards do not work on japanese machines
marauder340
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 05:55 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,290

So far the only exterior part I know can have a tiny effect on performance would be the muffler (I use Kyoko's muffler cuz it's larger than KT's though I don't notice much). Just to squeeze out as much as I can, I pay particular attention to those parts just as much as the internal ones.

True enough, the only things that'll make your car unstoppable is improving yourself and FT'ing the FD *shrug*.
venth85
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 06:02 AM

Hello again~~

QUOTE (Siao Chung @ Yesterday at 7:28 PM)
One last thing i want to know about IDAS4...currently im playing english version...so now i im using a english version IDAS4 card...is it possible i play it with a japanes version IDAS4? unsure.gif

english version and Japanese is different, even japanese card is different, got online facilites and can buy parts online too... sleep.gif
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 11:10 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 26,858

wow...can buy parts through online??is that mean they can buy it anytime they wan??i wonder how its works??anyway..its looks more convenient than the english version...but i still think that getting the half of it is better than none of it...haha...
xyeohts
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 05:54 PM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

Member No.: 25,770

well to make u unstoppable... its ur skill, following the racing line of the map, FT ur car.. then its good.. no such things as an unstoppable car... a Stock 86L can beat a FT subaru boost off with ease if the subaru owner is a @55hole on the car... It can be done..

follow the racing line, know the track, PC is also a good thing if ur opposition dont know wats that, if he knows... let him PC (boost on only) u do not need too.. dab on ur brakes slows down ur speed a bit... then it picks up.. if he simply uses them, he loses more speed then gaining speed (learnt this the hard way)

The Rule To Be Good:
1. Follow the racing Line of the track
2. Know the track without looking at the map
3. Know when to drift
4. Know how to outsmart ur opponent on PC
5. Brakes are not necessary for FR cars in Game as drifting will decrease speed.. brakes are like just for PC and Iro..
6. Take gutters/apex if the power is over the power zone (RPM power zone)

my view anyone has any disagreement share!!

This post has been edited by xyeohts on Oct 5 2007, 05:56 PM
prismadiluce
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 06:39 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 16,434

Just some piece of advise. Well, this is from my experience, so it could vary from person to person...

Tune your engine in a way that it would have a ratio of 2:1 compared to your other tuning steps.

For example, if you have Step 2 in your engine, stop there and put 2-1-1-1-1 to the rest. If you have 4 on your engine, then go to 4-2-2-2-2, etc.

This goes until tuning reaches a full 7-7-7-7-7. Helps a lot especially when you go head to head against course bosses (like Takumi).
ichi-nii
Posted: Oct 8 2007, 06:50 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 26,347

is the engine the most important part to upgrade? I've been asking this question since i first played.. hmm..

My FD is now 6-6-0-0-7.. I feel a lot more comfortable with a torque car than an HP car i guess.. hehehe.. happy.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3