Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 1 unique listeners, playing high technic

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,443  ·  Replies: 38 
> Lets bring Initial D 7 to NJ!, Help Bring InitialD arcade Stage 7 to NJ/Tri-state area
DukeofShadows
    Posted: Oct 14 2014, 12:05 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,936

go here===>> https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/initial-...-8-on-the-break <<===go here

I am a local arcade gamer at the 8 on the break arcade. I love Initial D hence why I am on this forum and if you are in the North East Coast area you know that it is hard to not only find Initial D machines but also to to find versions higher than arcade stage 4 this arcade is in Dunellen NJ and its one of the few arcades still alive and one of the few with Initial D still in it. From one Initial D hound to another lets not keep Initial D arcade stage a Japan only thing I have been itching to play arcade stage 7 and I am sure some of you are too.

P.S. I had no clue what to type before hence the advertising look to it I just copied and pasted

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Tessou
Posted: Oct 14 2014, 12:23 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Wrong section. Also, reeks of being an advertisement.

This post has been edited by Tessou on Oct 14 2014, 12:24 PM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
DukeofShadows
  Posted: Oct 14 2014, 12:43 PM

Shmuck

Yah I am sorry about that I really just normally read forums, and had no clue how to exactly post a topic that doesn't look "spammy" I just want to give these guys some help because they haven't been able to get the word out
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 14 2014, 01:01 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

There we go. I moved the thread to the Arcade Stage section which is much more appropriate. Good luck getting publicity and everything! smile.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
DukeofShadows
  Posted: Oct 14 2014, 01:08 PM

Shmuck

Thank you
divinity Jy
Posted: Oct 14 2014, 08:05 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 23,501

You know 8th stage is out, right?
N643
Posted: Oct 14 2014, 09:57 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

also canada has d7 as well as cali

place im sure they cant make much profit out of d7, which why your arcade never got it from a 3rd party
akira86
Posted: Oct 15 2014, 07:32 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 29,342

if this was for new york id be 100% for it but new jersey is just too far for me
dori.
Posted: Nov 17 2014, 04:04 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 44,925

nanuetarcade.com

they have ID7 there
joesushi
Posted: Nov 25 2014, 07:36 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 44,944

Yes they do and it is so much fun. I havent played since ID4 at Chinatown Fair years ago.

This post has been edited by joesushi on Nov 25 2014, 07:41 PM
Rudy
Posted: Nov 26 2014, 02:30 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)

This post has been edited by Rudy on Nov 26 2014, 02:35 PM
joesushi
Posted: Nov 26 2014, 08:38 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 44,944

QUOTE (Rudy @ 6 hours, 7 minutes ago)
Bad enough the Break is a 45 minute drive.

About the same time from where I am in NY. In contrast Nanuet is only 5-7 minutes away from me.

This post has been edited by joesushi on Nov 27 2014, 06:17 PM
SonGohanX
Posted: Nov 26 2014, 09:15 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,716

Also keep in mind that ID8 has limited story mode and no tag mode offline. I think that ID7 would definitely be a better (and CONSIDERABLY cheaper) investment. There may be a few more ID7s popping up in 2015 as well...
Falbere
Posted: Nov 26 2014, 09:20 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Also remember, currently the offline ID8 have the ER34 locked, along with Evo 5 and 6, and a few others.

This means you cannot drive the ER34 Rudy :c

This post has been edited by dummyinthecity on Nov 26 2014, 09:22 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Rudy
Posted: Nov 26 2014, 09:26 PM

Unregistered

Falbere
Posted: Nov 26 2014, 10:05 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rudy @ 39 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
Well, if the machine is online enabled it should work... right?

Joeushi, then Nanuet would be 1 1/2 hours drive... plus the bridge toll... no bueno :\

So far, nobody outside of Asia has gotten network access. SEGA didn't allow it.
SonGohanX
Posted: Nov 27 2014, 07:26 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,716

Yeah, it's not as simple as connecting the machine to the internet. SEGA does not allow anyone outside of Asia to use their online services.
Rudy
Posted: Nov 27 2014, 04:26 PM

Unregistered

This post has been edited by Rudy on Nov 27 2014, 04:27 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Nov 27 2014, 07:22 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

For offline machines yeah, it's unfortunate in that regard. I'm curious on why they did this though (considering the things they did in previous versions), even if offline arcades aren't their target market.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Nov 27 2014, 07:23 PM
Rudy
Posted: Nov 28 2014, 01:49 PM

Unregistered

SonicSP
Posted: Nov 28 2014, 11:55 PM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (Rudy @ 6 hours, 52 minutes ago)
What -would- be their target market, then? Only the super-upscale super new games seem to be online enabled, and even at that it's maybe 50% of the new machines. Besides isn't the point of going to an arcade to compete with someone who's -there-?

Their target market is Asian countries where arcades are relatively more popular than in the US. Or we can even be more specific, Japan-itself where arcades are probably more popular than anywhere else in the world.

It's not that Sega does not have these abilities of offline play, they just chose to unlock them later. I agree that it's a stupid move though but the amount of arcades that does not have online is way less than the ones that do from their point of view. My guess is that they haven't even thought of the repercussions these have for offline machines, ironic given that they were more thoughtful in D6. My guess is part of the reason they disallow certain regions is because of the potential time difference of arcade operating hours. It probably doesn't help that some of the machines that are being used overseas are JPN machines, which are not meant to be exported in the first place (even arcades games from 1994 has had that "not for use outside Japan" label on them).

Sega isn't below creating region specific servers for a specific country but they also need to have the demand there in the first place. China I believe have their own exclusive servers and have the game translated locally there. These are seperate from the Japanese servers, which are shared with JPN and EXP machines.

At least as far as IDAS is concern, the nice thing about online battles is that you're matched up against people who are your skill level (most of the time anyways). D8 screws this up a little bit with since its way easier to purposely stay at a lower matching group but it still works for the most part. You also don't have to worry about whether there's anybody actually playing at the time. Save for circumstances like a new version has been released or arcade's Internet being bad, they'll always be somebody online you can fight.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Nov 28 2014, 11:58 PM
Rudy
Posted: Nov 29 2014, 08:19 AM

Unregistered

SonicSP
Posted: Nov 29 2014, 10:37 AM

Nagao Fanboy

There's probably like a few more over D3, but I don't think much more. D4 removed a lot of courses so they slowly added those back in addition to a few new ones. Usui and Myogi are replaced by new versions while you should have Nagao, Tsubaki Line, Tsukuba and Sadamine as new courses. One course is missing but as someone who's never played the arcade D3, I can't seem to remember what it's called.

Personally I've never felt like D7 was short of courses, even not counting the ones that are added later on via updates (Tsuchisaka Snow and Tsukuba Snow). Though maybe other people can answer this better about the specific number of courses.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Nov 29 2014, 10:38 AM
DK_Brawler
Posted: Nov 30 2014, 01:37 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Yesterday, 10:37 AM)
There's probably like a few more over D3, but I don't think much more. D4 removed a lot of courses so they slowly added those back in addition to a few new ones. Usui and Myogi are replaced by new versions while you should have Nagao, Tsubaki Line, Tsukuba and Sadamine as new courses. One course is missing but as someone who's never played the arcade D3, I can't seem to remember what it's called.

Personally I've never felt like D7 was short of courses, even not counting the ones that are added later on via updates (Tsuchisaka Snow and Tsukuba Snow). Though maybe other people can answer this better about the specific number of courses.

When's Shomaru?

(On topic) 7AAX did have the best offline experience. 6AA comes pretty close.
Falbere
Posted: Nov 30 2014, 10:24 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

This is how I think about the maps between Ver. 3 and 7AAX.

Ver. 3 Myogi = Replaced by Lake Akina as beginner map
Ver. 3 Usui = Usui (New Layout, not real still)
Real Myogi, new map
Akagi
Akina
Irohazaka
Happogahara
Tsukuba, new map
Nagao, new map
Tsubaki Line, new map
Sadamine, new map
Tsuchisaka
Nanamagari, new map
Akina Snow

That is a total of 6 new maps

Shomaru pass, which is Wataru's home course, is now removed. Northern Saitama Alliance home course is now Sadamine

2 Pages  1 2