Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Spock - The Fire's On Me

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,294  ·  Replies: 8 
> Official Bed discussion thread, Love beds?
APX
  Posted: Nov 15 2016, 11:37 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,473

So, i'm in the market for a new mattress, and it made me think of what the members sleep on. Are you a super soft plush sleeper? Medium? Firm? Super firm? What types of bed brands do you trust or don't trust from bad sleeping?

And the better question, what size? No, not the better question, but a question anyways.

Also! Who here has tried those online beds that come in a box and you can try for 100 nights? I see this Purple bed that seems to fit my type of bed (I'm a medium/firm with back pain almost daily)
Tessou
Posted: Nov 15 2016, 12:25 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I need a firm mattress to sleep. It helps my back after a long night at work. We typically look for Sealy brand mattresses. Size? Queen, at least.

I haven't had personal experience with the boxed mattresses, but I know that at least one version on Amazon has a pretty bad quality record.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
APX
  Posted: Nov 15 2016, 12:42 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

I only heard of the Casper brand beds and Purple, I hear there's a lot more that are "great".
I saw a sealy brand on the Sears Black Friday ad, I might head over there to try them out, but I also wanna try out those online ones, mainly purple. (Some say it's too firm, some say it hasn't really changed anything, but under a k for a queen and you get to try it out for 100 nights?)
xiao
  Posted: Nov 15 2016, 12:59 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

I can fall asleep anywhere: the floor, the couch, the car, the bathroom, a firm bed, a comfy bed, on top of the Eiffel tower, on top on my neko ~ :3

Beds are awesome tho' ~ I recorded that weird sex-with-sempai shifty2.gif audio vid on top of my lil sis's comfy as ferk white matress... it was electric! (looks at N1) awesome.gif

I should really buy one tho' ~ I like picturing onii-chan on'top of me when I'm laying supine in my Target pantsu all alone dancin' in the dark with myself late at night after Jimmy Kimmel... shifty2.gif fufufu!
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 15 2016, 01:00 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

I'm a big softie. Had to go mattress shopping for my new place a few months ago and the best money-to-comfy ratio for me was the Hampton and Rhodes Hana jumbo pillowtop.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
  Posted: Nov 15 2016, 01:14 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 12 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
...Hampton and Rhodes Hana jumbo pillowtop.

Ten bucks says this thread's gonna derail into a sex with dakimakura's discussion! laugh.gif ... shifty2.gif ~
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 15 2016, 04:05 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

I don't do beds, they're volumetrically inefficient. If I had to, I'd do a bunk with storage under it similar to what I had way back when in SoCal, so that there's very little vertical space wasted for the bed itself and everything under is nice and useful.

Honestly I'm content with an air cushion and a sleeping bag. Or a futon. So brand never really got to me, and firmness was never something I really paid attention to... ermm2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Nov 15 2016, 05:47 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 35 minutes ago)
...and firmness was never something I really paid attention to... ermm2.gif

I categorize matress-firmness in 2 categories: Fluffly & Stiff. I'm a fluffy kind'o boy whenever I sleep on someone else's bed (xiao's still a virgin tho >,<) usually without their consent... or too late to wake me up ~ awesome.gif

I usually sleep on the floor too with nothing but a blanket covering me like a cocoon ~ I've been doing it since I was 19 & let's just say the effects are very butterflyfic user posted image

Edit: The reason I initially started sleeping on the floor was cause I kept falling off my old bed & was too cheap to buy a queen-sized one ~ then I just started pretending I was a cat & never looked back laugh.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Nov 15 2016, 05:51 PM
MidnightViper88
Posted: Nov 28 2016, 07:30 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

Buy a backpack. The bigger, the better, such as a 3-day assault pack, for example. Sleep anywhere, as hard or soft of an area you wish, and save money.

It's what I do when I'm not sleeping on a couch.