Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing grief

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,178  ·  Replies: 5 
> [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam: Side Stories
Phantom_R32
  Posted: May 26 2014, 06:12 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,277

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFiDVTW6obc )

Anyone familiar with this series? I remember watching my friend play the old Dreamcast game years ago, but I never tried it myself. Looks pretty nice judging by the video.
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 26 2014, 07:31 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

'Series' is a loose way of saying it. 'Side Stories' is actually a group of games that are--with the exception of one--loosely-remastered versions of previous games. The only 'new' game is Missing Link, the one featuring that cool 'Pale Rider' mobile suit. The other games included are:

>Mobile Suit Gundam: The Blue Destiny (originally for Sega Saturn)
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front (originally for PS2)
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Lost War Chronicles (originally for PS2)
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Rise from the Ashes (originally for Dreamcast)
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Thoroughbred (originally a minigame for Encounters in Space on PS2)
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Cross Dimension 0079 (originally for SNES)

The above games have been 'remastered' using the engine Missing Link is using. However, they are not 1:1 remasters. For instance, Zeonic Front lacks the in-depth squad management systems and sensor management systems that made it so wonderfully complex back on PS2. Lost War Chronicles lacks co-op gameplay entirely and, I assume, also has the ren'ai simulation backend removed. It's kinda too bad, but the point here isn't replicating the original games to a tee, the point was to take the storylines of those games and port them to a 'modern' game engine. This is especially true for games like The Blue Destiny and Cross Dimension 0079.

I've had the game on preorder since it was first announced and can't wait for it to arrive. I couldn't care less about Missing Link, to be honest--I just want to play through Blue Destiny. cool.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Phantom_R32
  Posted: May 26 2014, 08:18 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Oh, I just assumed it was a series since some of the older games included "side story" in the title. That's pretty incredible though. I didn't know this was one big collection. I just wish it included an optional cockpit view for Rise from the Ashes and whatever other games had the same view.

This is definitely on my radar now, and the limited edition looks really tempting. Looks like you get a lot more bang for your buck compared to the Full Boost special edition.
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 26 2014, 10:02 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 1 hour, 43 minutes ago)
Oh, I just assumed it was a series since some of the older games included "side story" in the title. That's pretty incredible though. I didn't know this was one big collection. I just wish it included an optional cockpit view for Rise from the Ashes and whatever other games had the same view.

This is definitely on my radar now, and the limited edition looks really tempting. Looks like you get a lot more bang for your buck compared to the Full Boost special edition.

The problem I have with the limited edition is the gunpla. Metallic/special coating kits are notorious for having the ugliest nub marks ever, because the coating is applied to the parts when they're on the runners. Thus when you cut the parts out of the runner, the place you cut has the underlying color instead of the pretty-pretty shiny coating.

I'll wait for a normal release.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
RalliKai
Posted: May 27 2014, 05:46 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 10:31 PM)
The above games have been 'remastered' using the engine Missing Link is using. However, they are not 1:1 remasters. For instance, Zeonic Front lacks the in-depth squad management systems and sensor management systems that made it so wonderfully complex back on PS2. Lost War Chronicles lacks co-op gameplay entirely and, I assume, also has the ren'ai simulation backend removed.

Ahh. That just took me down memory lane. I still have my copy of ZF but haven't played it in years. Missions ranged from stupid easy to "sweating bullets" hard. The solo Gouf missions were a particular challenge and I also remember the time I took trying to get through the campaign mission of having to locate White Base and then avoid getting killed by the RX-78. Pretty much lost my entire team in that one as they tried to cover me.
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Jun 1 2014, 05:51 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

So I'm watching Episode 4 of Unicorn again and I noticed this pink/purple colored Efreet. Anyone know if that might be the same pilot from the Missing Link trailer?