Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Neo - Midnight Love

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,643  ·  Replies: 45 
> Touge to Wangan?, A Thought Occurs.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Sep 24 2010, 04:45 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

I know we've got a thread for the whole ID VS MT debate, but this is a little different. Bear with me.

When I first started out in the whole Arcade racing bit, I knew next to nothing about cars. ID4 started that attatchment, and it fed it, nurturing it like a mother would a child. Granted, I sucked then and I probably still suck at V4 now.

Along came the introduction of Wangan players who were not as privvy to ID. I Thought to myself, hey, why not try it once, just to see what they were talking about?
Naturally, I didn't see the point. I was fresh off the Mountains, and after something as haphazardly tricky and hard to pick up as Akina and Irohazaka, the Wangan seemed to be ultimately boring; too easy; and simplistic. I did grant it a token of speedy excitement, But I dismissed the point as moot. In hindsight, that was a bad choice to make, considering there were things I didn't know about the game.

Years passed, and I am now what you see before you today. I've become something of a veteran when it came to ID 3 and 5, and I was no slouch when it came to BG4 either. And I also had my run with MT, albeit only in passing; more out of curiousity than any real desire to take my game to the virtual highway. I still looked down on it as nothing more than a simple amusement.

Then I realized I was missing one point I willingly gave to ID that I denied giving to MT; Watching the anime. So, naturally, I took it upon myself to watch the series. And now I think I'm starting to connect with the whole concept of going as fast as you can. I'm realizing that even if MT isn't Happo, it's so blindingly fast, it makes every small turn a potential crash point if you don't know how to be smooth and control your car. It wasn't so much about going impossibly fast; the meaning went deeper than that. I can't even describe it, but I can feel it tugging at my heartstrings.

I'm kind of tempted to get up and go start another RX8; one that would be played with more care and proffessionalism; much like I did with ID3 and ID5.

So, anyone's thoughts on the transition I'm pondering?
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Sep 24 2010, 05:33 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,634

Just go play on Hakone. laugh.gif Last time I played some dude destroyed me there. But recently when given the chance I play Wangan Midnight more than ID, just due to the fact that every time I get a chance to play ID, I have to relearn with new physics, and start over on a new card.

Though you must keep in mind, the closest arcade with any "recent" version of ID is about four hours away from me, and it's IDAS4. So I pretty much only play when I am in Japan, which happens to be roughly six months out of the year. As I said though, from the last time I got into ID hardcore, to the most recently time I played extensively, the physics have completely changed, I was as bad as a newb again, and had to spend a lot of cash to get any sort of competitive car.

So I just kinda stuck to WMMT, due to the fact that I've had the same card since like 08, and yeeeea, I've not had to do much of anything with it.

I prefer Battle Gear to both of them though. cool.gif And yea, I realize pretty much this whole post is really redundant.
N643
Posted: Sep 24 2010, 03:54 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

QUOTE (Yoshida Seiji @ Today, 5:33 AM)
Just go play on Hakone. laugh.gif Last time I played some dude destroyed me there. But recently when given the chance I play Wangan Midnight more than ID, just due to the fact that every time I get a chance to play ID, I have to relearn with new physics, and start over on a new card.

Though you must keep in mind, the closest arcade with any "recent" version of ID is about four hours away from me, and it's IDAS4. So I pretty much only play when I am in Japan, which happens to be roughly six months out of the year. As I said though, from the last time I got into ID hardcore, to the most recently time I played extensively, the physics have completely changed, I was as bad as a newb again, and had to spend a lot of cash to get any sort of competitive car.

So I just kinda stuck to WMMT, due to the fact that I've had the same card since like 08, and yeeeea, I've not had to do much of anything with it.

I prefer Battle Gear to both of them though. cool.gif And yea, I realize pretty much this whole post is really redundant.

i started out with mt1 in hk without know what i was doing & i lost my card with out even knowing it, i didn't care cuz i thought i never play again after back in canada but then some time later i found out about initial d 3 & i started playing with it in the arcades driving stock cars but then stopped cuz i wanted to save money

later in school my buddy show me his mt2 card & i started playing again all the way till now cuz mt never really changed while id change quite a lot in physics & after once id4 came out i quit super fast but before id4 bg4 came out & we got it with online (still do), thats the only game i still play now the most cuz just for the heck of it

@Yoshida Seiji what cars do u have in bg4 cuz i get a rx7 for the 1st time after it so over used
GIDO
Posted: Sep 25 2010, 02:46 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,913

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Yesterday, 4:45 AM)
I know we've got a thread for the whole ID VS MT debate, but this is a little different. Bear with me.

When I first started out in the whole Arcade racing bit, I knew next to nothing about cars. ID4 started that attatchment, and it fed it, nurturing it like a mother would a child. Granted, I sucked then and I probably still suck at V4 now.

Along came the introduction of Wangan players who were not as privvy to ID. I Thought to myself, hey, why not try it once, just to see what they were talking about?
Naturally, I didn't see the point. I was fresh off the Mountains, and after something as haphazardly tricky and hard to pick up as Akina and Irohazaka, the Wangan seemed to be ultimately boring; too easy; and simplistic. I did grant it a token of speedy excitement, But I dismissed the point as moot. In hindsight, that was a bad choice to make, considering there were things I didn't know about the game.

Years passed, and I am now what you see before you today. I've become something of a veteran when it came to ID 3 and 5, and I was no slouch when it came to BG4 either. And I also had my run with MT, albeit only in passing; more out of curiousity than any real desire to take my game to the virtual highway. I still looked down on it as nothing more than a simple amusement.

Then I realized I was missing one point I willingly gave to ID that I denied giving to MT; Watching the anime. So, naturally, I took it upon myself to watch the series. And now I think I'm starting to connect with the whole concept of going as fast as you can. I'm realizing that even if MT isn't Happo, it's so blindingly fast, it makes every small turn a potential crash point if you don't know how to be smooth and control your car. It wasn't so much about going impossibly fast; the meaning went deeper than that. I can't even describe it, but I can feel it tugging at my heartstrings.

I'm kind of tempted to get up and go start another RX8; one that would be played with more care and proffessionalism; much like I did with ID3 and ID5.

So, anyone's thoughts on the transition I'm pondering?

Well, just make sure you have the intention of returning here someday. It's like God, we kind of leave Him at some point, but when we come back He's still where you left Him and He is happy for your return, so there.

Btw, I came from WMT3DX+ before being an IDAS addict.

Well Digi, see you later. lol. happy.gif
DigiBunny
  Posted: Sep 25 2010, 04:00 AM

Reading is magic!

Religious analogy does not match with the atheist. :3

Oh? Well this is an interesting turn of the tables.

I'm not really going anywhere I haven't gone before. I'm just stuffing more power into the car for a while and seeing if I can make a name for myself on the Wangan while I still have my title on Iro.

GIDO
Posted: Sep 25 2010, 04:29 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 29 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
Religious analogy does not match with the atheist. :3

Oh? Well this is an interesting turn of the tables.

I'm not really going anywhere I haven't gone before. I'm just stuffing more power into the car for a while and seeing if I can make a name for myself on the Wangan while I still have my title on Iro.

Yeah. That's going to be quite easy for you. I think I remember never using the brakes on MT. Easy right? biggrin.gif

I switched from MT to ID because it was kinda boring playing MT all the time. There's something about ID which makes me play more. laugh.gif
DigiBunny
  Posted: Sep 25 2010, 04:34 AM

Reading is magic!

I actually... Brake when I play. I don't really know how the lines work here since everything is basically taken sideways, oversteering in then understeering out ala V4, only with unholy speeds.

Gonna take a while to get used to it.
GIDO
Posted: Sep 25 2010, 08:56 AM

IDW God Member

There are only quite a few turns in the game where you step on the brakes for a sec, and mostly it's all just release gas. The only course worth braking is Hakone.
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Sep 25 2010, 09:38 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,634

QUOTE (N643 @ Yesterday, 3:54 PM)
@Yoshida Seiji what cars do u have in bg4 cuz i get a rx7 for the 1st time after it so over used

I have an FD, FC, and AE86. I pretty much only drift on it though. laugh.gif I was a little disappointed when I found out you can't put a 3-rotor in the FD or FC, because I wanted to build my real life car on the game too.
D33DO_R32
Posted: Sep 26 2010, 12:38 AM

Hell's Wyvern

Member No.: 34,541

I don't mean to be sarcastic but the way I see it, I have to say MT is full of unlogical junk..and IDAS 5 is a bit close to reality..but the opposite things happened in their respectives anime..don't get me wrong, I love both of them but you can't just make a pass on your opponent with your head lights off, can you?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by D33DO_R32 on Sep 26 2010, 12:41 AM
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 26 2010, 01:04 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (D33DO_R32 @ 26 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
I love both of them but you can't just make a pass on your opponent with your head lights off, can you?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

If the driver is very skilled then the answer is yes. You can pass the opponent with lights off.
ishida
Posted: Sep 26 2010, 10:35 PM

Puppet Master

Member No.: 35,836

lol but i think the car should be still visible since Takumi's AE86 is mostly white.... fear2.gif
DigiBunny
  Posted: Sep 26 2010, 10:40 PM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (ishida @ 4 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
lol but i think the car should be still visible since Takumi's AE86 is mostly white.... fear2.gif

Someone sounds like Takumi hasn't pulled a Blind Attack on them in Nagao yet.
ishida
Posted: Sep 26 2010, 10:50 PM

Puppet Master

Member No.: 35,836

lol he pulled the blind attack a few times on me but he was still about 150m+ behind me.....so when he reopened hes lights, its still kinda far... shifty2.gif
N643
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 12:15 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (Yoshida Seiji @ Sep 25 2010, 09:38 PM)
I have an FD, FC, and AE86. I pretty much only drift on it though. laugh.gif I was a little disappointed when I found out you can't put a 3-rotor in the FD or FC, because I wanted to build my real life car on the game too.

i just got another civic today on bg4

seriously back on topic: i dun get why ppl think wangan is full of bull, cuz if u think about it initial d is exactly down to the point correct either cuz seriously i love the ae86 cuz of the shape & it's a great drift car but it's not like a blood bat mobile where it can do almost anything since a lot of ppl think the ae86 is like god cuz of the anime when it's not

just while in mt it's almost the same think where ppl drive gtr's & evos cuz some stupid movie & do the whole movie fan crappy & start pissing ppl off after they lose, cuz if u think about it 90% tak does initial d is fake same with wangan where a ghost hunts your car everyday

so they ppl got to stop thinking that u can grab a ae86 or gtr or evo & grind it up in a blender & use it as a powder to stop war, win gold medals, save world hunger or run president & stuff like that
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 05:38 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (ishida @ 7 hours, 2 minutes ago)

although his car is white, but his hood is carbon black, which blend into the surrounding at night.
GIDO
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 08:47 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ 3 hours, 8 minutes ago)
although his car is white, but his hood is carbon black, which blend into the surrounding at night.

Takumi Blind Attack owns. lol. fear2.gif
JKaiba
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 10:30 AM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

QUOTE (D33DO_R32 @ Yesterday, 12:38 AM)
MT is full of unlogical junk.

How do you figure that?
D33DO_R32
Posted: Sep 28 2010, 06:43 AM

Hell's Wyvern

QUOTE (JKaiba @ Yesterday, 10:30 AM)
How do you figure that?

c'mon Jkaiba..you know it a lot better than I do ( no flaming)..you can't make a turn at 250++kmh on the streets (like C1 and Hanshin loop line)...but in Wangan Midnight anime..I have to say, it teach me about cars.. a lot biggrin.gif
N643
Posted: Sep 28 2010, 09:15 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (D33DO_R32 @ 2 hours, 29 minutes ago)
c'mon Jkaiba..you know it a lot better than I do ( no flaming)..you can't make a turn at 250++kmh on the streets (like C1 and Hanshin loop line)...but in Wangan Midnight anime..I have to say, it teach me about cars.. a lot biggrin.gif

your right but at the same time initial d is not super prefect as well with the turning off your light & passing ppl, plus tst, erase & penalty brake (not sure if thats the right name) is not exactly made for real life

this is why games like these are so fun cuz of all this fake-ness cuz seriously if u want the whole real life driving experience u might want to think about driving a real car cuz the whole simulator thing just dies super fast

trust me i know cuz we have bg4 here in my area & we have the online as well for a few years now, back then a lot of ppl played & they had a shit load of keys but now most of them we back to tuning real cars or back to MT cuz bg4 is not fake yet it's not real, now the online ppl that play with keys are young high school kids thinking it's like the real thing

(i only play bg4 just to see if i have tuning my cars rights)
ChiyoV
Posted: Sep 28 2010, 06:34 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 35,944

825hp...more than a Formula 1 car. For both ID and MT, they're arcade games and not meant to be a true simulator or real driving techniques and physics. I don't think both games are trying to be "realistic", but more like the anime and manga they are based on.

I realized that one aspect that both games have people coming back for more is the personalization of the cars you drive, and making them your own and showing it off. It doesn't matter if you drive your car in the mountains or highways, gripping or drifting, etc, it's 'your' car, and you're proud of it.
Ever noticed that everyone here refers to the cars and card they use as "my" car? Several other racing games don't let you say or think you own the car you use, like in Daytona.

This post has been edited by ChiyoV on Sep 28 2010, 06:35 PM
D33DO_R32
Posted: Oct 1 2010, 06:59 AM

Hell's Wyvern

QUOTE (N643 @ Sep 28 2010, 09:15 AM)
your right but at the same time initial d is not super prefect as well with the turning off your light & passing ppl, plus tst, erase & penalty brake (not sure if thats the right name) is not exactly made for real life

this is why games like these are so fun cuz of all this fake-ness cuz seriously if u want the whole real life driving experience u might want to think about driving a real car cuz the whole simulator thing just dies super fast

trust me i know cuz we have bg4 here in my area & we have the online as well for a few years now, back then a lot of ppl played & they had a shit load of keys but now most of them we back to tuning real cars or back to MT cuz bg4 is not fake yet it's not real, now the online ppl that play with keys are young high school kids thinking it's like the real thing

(i only play bg4 just to see if i have tuning my cars rights)

I didn't say that IDAS 5 is almost perfect, but still..it's more fun to play rather than MT..not to mention most MT players in my country nowadays is...you know, bragging about their skills etc
DigiBunny
  Posted: Oct 1 2010, 07:09 AM

Reading is magic!

I don't think fun is the right word. Technical or Intense might fit the definition more. Fun is relative; some people just don't like tight, tight corners and being constantly on edge on a narrow mountain.
And I really can't blame anyone who whines at the boost concept. That stuff's hard to understand from the get go; it's no surprise someone would choose a game that's easier to understand.

There's something to be said about forcing someone to dance in traffic with you. It's like swordfighting at half the speed of sound.

GIDO
Posted: Oct 1 2010, 07:44 AM

IDW God Member

Well I think ID is better. No bias opinion here. I came from MT then transferred to ID due to the need of more challenge, and MT has so much players that one time it took me 30min just to play. smile.gif)
N643
Posted: Oct 1 2010, 01:24 PM

IDW Prime Member

if u wanna talk about fun then seriously MT is so better then ID in that terms cuz seriously if the whole trying to like realistic kind of got me off ever since ID4 cuz ID123 was never intend for that route unlike BG4 which started out as trying to make there physicals seem real

plus if u never played MT2 with 59.0km tokyo metro map as battle then u know nothing of waiting cuz if your good u can last a whole HR with just 1 credit, plus if u have to wait for in line for 2 more players to play a game before u get to play then that means that it's a F**KING good game cuz of the popular & the fun of it

2 Pages  1 2