Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing DJ Pikachu_Fragger's Total Control Geass CM1

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 406 407 408 409 410 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 537,553  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
xiao
Posted: Oct 17 2017, 10:25 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (207 @ 1 hour, 50 minutes ago)
It's something closer to whatever you get when you calculate uber delish with the power value of heaven!

But can you make a bread-cake with the most delish fruit in the world?🤔 ..

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2688 x 1520. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
APX
Posted: Oct 17 2017, 05:58 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (207 @ 9 hours, 28 minutes ago)
the recipe call for some lemon juice and 2Tbs of sugar simmered in a frying dish to make a glaze. i considered doing it but i didnt have a brush to apply it on the cake so i just decided to up the flavor of the cake itself. i might try it one day but im pretty happy how it turns out without any glazing. i like the cake itself speak for the flavor. though i have a pseudo-glaze on the cake from all that lemon/sugar in the cake itself. the flavor is more intense on the top section of the cake.

Never used a stove to make it, just powdered sugar, lemon juice and a bit of milk if I recall it. Just whisk it up until the desired consistency.
xiao
Posted: Oct 17 2017, 06:17 PM

moon bunny

Regarding pastry glazing .. one of those mini kitchen torches are quintessential for making the icing taste super dupah delicious!:9

.. I gotta buy one on Amazon one of these days ~ user posted image
umustwait101
Posted: Oct 17 2017, 07:41 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (xiao @ 9 hours, 12 minutes ago)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2688 x 1520. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
I'm about to go to the gym 🤔 !!?

When xiao isn't pretending to be a girl, he's a handsome dude. Go get yo'self some pussay!

@207: that cake looks wicked sick. Please don't share any more pictures, or you may be blamed for raising the cardio health risk of innocent bystanders.
Posted: Oct 17 2017, 09:40 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (APX @ 3 hours, 41 minutes ago)
Never used a stove to make it, just powdered sugar, lemon juice and a bit of milk if I recall it. Just whisk it up until the desired consistency.

thanks, i never tried glazing so i wouldn't know the faux-pas of such tasks.

@ UMU: LOL, i can understand what you're saying. its hard to put the cake down but atleast i know that i have to make it last almost a week. thats my cake control method.

what address do i need to send over a few slices to ya? laugh2.gif laugh2.gif i dont bake much but ive done what i aimed to do with the cake. i tried to match the bright yellow lemon cake stores sell flavor wise. its not 100% the same and thats how i like it to be. i could try another type of cake but im not tired of lemon cake just yet.

@xiao: theres only one thing to to with the ojitama fruits: fruit cake with maybe some cheese factor. i dont buy those too often, they dont last that long.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 17 2017, 09:50 PM
umustwait101
Posted: Oct 18 2017, 05:51 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (207 @ Yesterday, 9:40 PM)
thanks, i never tried glazing so i wouldn't know the faux-pas of such tasks.

@ UMU: LOL, i can understand what you're saying. its hard to put the cake down but atleast i know that i have to make it last almost a week. thats my cake control method.

what address do i need to send over a few slices to ya? laugh2.gif laugh2.gif i dont bake much but ive done what i aimed to do with the cake. i tried to match the bright yellow lemon cake stores sell flavor wise. its not 100% the same and thats how i like it to be. i could try another type of cake but im not tired of lemon cake just yet.

@xiao: theres only one thing to to with the ojitama fruits: fruit cake with maybe some cheese factor. i dont buy those too often, they dont last that long.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I don't think cake transports well, but you have inspired me to make food myself... or to buy them from the store and eat them...

From your pictures, that cake looks really good. Job well done, sir.
Posted: Oct 18 2017, 09:40 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 3 hours, 49 minutes ago)
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I don't think cake transports well, but you have inspired me to make food myself... or to buy them from the store and eat them...

From your pictures, that cake looks really good. Job well done, sir.

LOL it sure dont transport well, it wont even make it there. it'll be "lost in transport" instead BC they'd smell the delish cake. you dont have to go big with your first attempt, try something easy and quick to do and see what gets your interest.

i considered to buy the cake from the store but realized its cheaper to figure out how to bake it myself. it took me a few attempts to get it right/perfect but its trial and error.
xiao
  Posted: Oct 18 2017, 10:52 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ Oct 17 2017, 09:41 PM)
When xiao isn't pretending to be a girl, he's a handsome dude. Go get yo'self some pussay!

user posted image That feel when I should've been born a girl ~ shifty2.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 5376 x 3024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

SPOILER
APX
Posted: Oct 20 2017, 01:22 PM

Dodgers are going to the World Series! awesome.gif
Posted: Oct 29 2017, 10:36 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

my PC hates me, im listening to a heavy metal show on the radio online and bored out of my mind so i play solitaire. i lose 6 games without much progress/luck and think that pretty damn shitty luck then i get this starting choice of cards. i send the ace up to the box and clear out the first open row/slot and none of the cards even go onto the remaining revealed cards censored2.gif censored2.gif i run through the free cards that i can draw/put on the selection i have to work with and not a single card can be dropped onto the field censored2.gif here's the game from hell

LOL i could only send up the ace and i was completely blocked from placing any other cards laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 29 2017, 10:38 PM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Tessou
  Posted: Oct 30 2017, 12:42 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Freecell is better.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Oct 30 2017, 08:51 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Tessou @ 8 hours, 8 minutes ago)
Freecell is better.

i agree, even spider solitaire is better that solitaire. they're still luck based but you have more room to play with skill.
Tessou
  Posted: Oct 31 2017, 01:45 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I say Freecell is better because by nature it's a lot harder to run into a guaranteed loss spread. Solitaire has many spreads that are impossible to win.

If you want to really pull your hair out, try playing Chess on pre-Tiger OSX. Regular chess game? Possible to beat the computer if you have patience and a bit of skill. Timed chess game? Kiss your ass goodbye. Seasoned chess players can't dent that AI in timed play.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
APX
Posted: Oct 31 2017, 07:21 PM

I enjoy solitaire, both the standard and the single card draw version.
Posted: Nov 1 2017, 06:45 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 4:45 AM)
I say Freecell is better because by nature it's a lot harder to run into a guaranteed loss spread. Solitaire has many spreads that are impossible to win.

If you want to really pull your hair out, try playing Chess on pre-Tiger OSX. Regular chess game? Possible to beat the computer if you have patience and a bit of skill. Timed chess game? Kiss your ass goodbye. Seasoned chess players can't dent that AI in timed play.

free cell is good, i like it too. so is Hearts (if i can manage to avoid too many points). i do play both of these games but when i want something fun that i can win is Mahjong titans. thats a good head scratcher to avoid blocking up the game. i used to be able to fininsh a game (and lose most of the time) in a few minutes BC i removed needed pairs early on that would break such blockages. though i liked playing the real Mahjong game, that was fun to play when i did play it a few years ago.

This post has been edited by 207 on Nov 1 2017, 06:48 AM
APX
Posted: Nov 1 2017, 08:45 PM

Well that was depressing. Guess we can be divisional champs for another year in a row next season. sad.gif
Nerubian
Posted: Nov 3 2017, 03:09 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

https://youtu.be/yN4wTnVjfik?t=3m4s

Imagine how it would be if you would be trapped inside a lost shuttle floating deeper and deeper into space waiting for death (if the story about the lost cosmonaut is true).
umustwait101
Posted: Nov 3 2017, 10:41 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 7 hours, 31 minutes ago)
https://youtu.be/yN4wTnVjfik?t=3m4s

Imagine how it would be if you would be trapped inside a lost shuttle floating deeper and deeper into space waiting for death (if the story about the lost cosmonaut is true).

I hope you're happy you just wasted a few hours of my life with that link.

That I'll never get back.
Nerubian
Posted: Nov 5 2017, 02:24 PM

umustwait101
Posted: Nov 5 2017, 04:26 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 2 hours, 2 minutes ago)
You're welcome awesome.gif

I hope you like waste so much time, too, you creep!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
APX
Posted: Nov 6 2017, 05:23 PM

xbox one x coming out tomorrow. biggrin.gif
Nerubian
Posted: Nov 8 2017, 01:40 PM

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ Nov 6 2017, 02:26 AM)
I hope you like waste so much time, too, you creep!

http://dchang.no-ip.org/uploads/CoalgirlsB....2622.45.32.jpg

Time-wasting is my speciality. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Nerubian on Nov 8 2017, 01:40 PM
umustwait101
Posted: Nov 9 2017, 11:53 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Nerubian @ Yesterday, 1:40 PM)
Time-wasting is my speciality. cool.gif

I've been doing a lot of time-wasting myself. Specifically, I got myself addicted to playing Mineralz Survival on SC2. Each game takes more than 2 hours. I think last weekend, my Sunday was spent playing 3 games (and chatting on IDW discord).
Meteor
Posted: Nov 10 2017, 01:56 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

I wonder if there's some sort of general resource on the internet for people wanting to get good at translating English to Japanese. I can handle English to Japanese Japanese to English semi-competently (I must've been sleepy when I typed this the first time), but the reverse might as well be quantum physics.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Nov 10 2017, 07:20 AM
xiao
Posted: Nov 10 2017, 04:44 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Meteor @ 2 hours, 38 minutes ago)
I wonder if there's some sort of general resource on the internet for people wanting to get good at translating English to Japanese. I can handle English to Japanese semi-competently, but the reverse might as well be quantum physics.

TOOLS:Phone apps don't work for me & paper dictionaries are laughably archaic ~ So I use Jishorg - Google Translate - Google itself - and critical thinking as my tools to translate JP → EN or EN → JP depending on my need. God bress Nomake-kun for telling me about the search Kanji by radicals feature on Jishorg!That thing's gotten me out of a thousand translation pinches. Also, I always cross-check translations & never accept a source's definition until checking with others.

For example:When I heard Taemin's popular Japanese love song, I wanted to understand the lyrics. So I used Jishorg - Google Translate - and critical thinking to come up with a rough draft. Afterwards I Google'd the actual lyrics .. and to my surprise I wasn't that far off from what he was actually saying.

Raw manga, videos, songs, and/or striking a conversation with Japanese speakers are all ways that have helped me improve a bit

447 Pages  « 406 407 408 409 410 »