Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Symbol - Forever Love Me

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 3,398  ·  Replies: 33 
> quick theory on FF drifting
bunta_boi
  Posted: Dec 5 2002, 03:13 PM

Billy Jean is not my lover ...

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 68

say u were to enter a drift with an FF, and then your rear swings out.......by letting off the gas, would that lengthen your drift? sure its slower, but going faster would juss get u out of the drift, right? so by slowly letting off the gas, you wouldnt pull on the back wheels as much, which would otherwise force your car to regain grip driving......right? please comment or correct

]{aya
Posted: Dec 5 2002, 06:28 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

Member No.: 47

we said it ...there is no such thing as FF drifting, but u can grip your FF if you want
ImprezaSTi27
Posted: Dec 5 2002, 07:31 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 101

I think the key behind a technique like that is shifting the weight enough so that when you're still on the throttle through the turn, you're matching the inertia of your rear wheels with your front throttle so that you're basically correcting yourself through the length of the turn. It's kind of like when you put trays under your rear wheels. Doing that just eliminates the grip of the rear tires and you're just flinging your rear around and correcting with your front steering and throttle.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
FWD,RWD,AWD
Posted: Dec 5 2002, 08:52 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 102

on dry asphalt you'd have to be going pretty fast (actually very fast) to be able to produce lift-oversteer. this technique is best used for long curves, if you're going through a corner with too much power and you're understeering to some degree then you can lift-off (or a little) the gas this shifts weight to the front wheels, thus giving your steering wheel more grip to pull you back into the right direction. when the weight shifts to the front the rear may lose traction and skid, but as said before you'd have to be going very fast (unless there's rain or snow, etc. then this happens very easily).
Jayson
Posted: Dec 5 2002, 10:12 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 32

NOT POSSIBLE TO DRIFT IN FF!

As for your question, if you let off the gas, the car will spin out, in order to keep from spining out, you need to give it gas, because you are pulling the front ahead of the rear end.

Hope that helps
bunta_boi
  Posted: Dec 6 2002, 03:38 PM

yah thas why i said 'slowly letting off the gas'.....not getting off completely
Jayson
Posted: Dec 6 2002, 08:35 PM

still going to spin out, sorry
teknoman
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 03:22 PM

Unregistered

I think the FF can't drift at all. I have to agree with Jayson about that you see I went to inside drift overview click on this link it will give you all the details why can't an FF's can't drift http://velocity.isfaster.com/drift/overvie...ew/overview.htm
tofu boy
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 03:34 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 55

If ur a master like the drift king, you probably can drift an FF. Infact, one of the cars the the drift king drives is an Integra R and he drifts(not ass drag) very well with that car. Just look for some of his videos.
Alex
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 03:45 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

i say FF's can drift. maybe not as well as FR but i say they still can. it just takes a very skilled drifter to do it.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
]{aya
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 06:30 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

Member No.: 47

dont you guys get it ????? THEY CANT ! laws of physics ?? do you know what this is ??? listen now k ?? when you try to "drift" an FF the front wheels are controling the drift (like in FR) A-N-D giving power...2 much work for 2 wheels at the same time this means the rear does NOTHING, while "drifting" an FF the rear is just there cuz a car as 4 wheels and couldnt run on only 2 wheels ...GET IT ?????? i didnt say you cant race an FF, but you cant use the technique called Drift....
karasac
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 09:01 PM

Rotary Disciple

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (tofu boy @ Dec 10 2002, 03:34 PM)
If ur a master like the drift king, you probably can drift an FF. Infact, one of the cars the the drift king drives is an Integra R and he drifts(not ass drag) very well with that car. Just look for some of his videos.

didnt u just see us make swiss cheese of neo vash's "theory" on FF drifting on the pinned thread?

and what the drift king is doing is just sliding, not drifting.

Akain
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 12:57 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 106

HAHAHAHA......

More FF drifting theories.....Now those of us who know that you can't drift an FF are gonna fight the world it seems.

I'm tired, the post about FF drifting just got murdered. here comes more people that say you can, but either lack HARD evidence or just don't know what drifting is.

If a person REALLY drifts, then he/she would know its not possible to drift an FF, because he/she would understand the principles behind drifting

Enough of this "FF's can drift" w/o actual proof. It's like saying "FF's can drift cuz I say so, and my word is the truth because......it is."

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but it's just that people who start this kind of BS confuse themselves and others. It's like a honda enthusiast getting mad at someone who keeps telling people "Honda's have pushrods" with no proof. As dumb as that may sound, saying ff's can drift is the same thing. Why would you want an FF to drift anyways, get an FR or AWD if you want to drift, who cares if FF's cant, that does not make them bad.

Get some hard evidence of an FF drifting, when I see it, I will surrender in admittion that FF's can drift, but until then, someone should lock this or any other thread about FF drifting other than the one that has been PINNED.
Jayson
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 10:01 AM

lol, Akain's right on the money. We aren't saying FF's are bad race cars, just that they can't drift. Get another car if you want to drift. Simple as that.
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 07:53 PM

Unregistered

Where was this murdered post might I ask?
bunta_boi
  Posted: Dec 13 2002, 10:54 PM

i was thinking for a bit and i thot about drifting FF.....since the car is already being dragged, drifting FF would only make it slower right?....the rear wheels messing up the whole 'car being dragged' thing by swinging out sideways.....i dont think that there would be much to gain from drifitng FF....im out!
Chamber
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 11:45 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 145

please understand that when you race, the idea is to take each corner in the fastest way possible.

Not to drift for show.

If you dont have to drift or float a corner, then dont.
FWD,RWD,AWD
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 11:58 PM

IDW Member

Correct, the goal in racing is to corner as fast as possible with the intention of achieving maximum exit speed.

In some cases "drifting" a FWD is useful, see the video from my previous post "FWD keeping up with AWDs"
Chamber
Posted: Dec 14 2002, 12:03 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (FWD,RWD,AWD @ Dec 13 2002, 11:58 PM)
Correct, the goal in racing is to corner as fast as possible with the intention of achieving maximum exit speed.

In some cases "drifting" a FWD is useful, see the video from my previous post "FWD keeping up with AWDs"

I did see the video, and I didnt see the FWD car drift once.
FWD,RWD,AWD
Posted: Dec 14 2002, 12:17 AM

IDW Member

If you're not paying attention, that's ok.
Jayson
Posted: Dec 14 2002, 01:00 AM

vid? there's a vid? unsure.gif
Chamber
Posted: Dec 14 2002, 01:43 AM

IDW Full Member

FWD, do you really know what drifting is?
Jayson
Posted: Dec 14 2002, 01:47 AM

FWD, do you really know what drifting is?

I question if most of the people here know what it really means
Chamber
Posted: Dec 14 2002, 01:50 AM

IDW Full Member

it seems like most people think drifting is just sliding the rear end of your car around a corner =\
Jayson
Posted: Dec 14 2002, 01:56 AM

agreed

2 Pages  1 2