Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 14 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Majestic Flight

Important Rules
Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

178 Pages  « 176 177 178  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 62,865  ·  Replies: 4,439 
> Official Pro Wrestling Thread, IT'S THE TOP THREAD, YES IT IS!
Tessou
Posted: Jan 12 2017, 01:26 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 4 hours, 52 minutes ago)
Heh, NJPW better sign Omega and others, apparently the E is looking into doing more regional championships elsewhere.

WWE wouldn't dare try to set up a Japanese championship. NJPW, AJPW and Dragon Gate would never allow their talent to participate due to Vince's talent exclusivity contracts.

If Vince wants to sign Omega, he will need to break out a very large check, a good schedule, and no NXT.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 12 2017, 02:06 PM

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tessou @ 39 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
WWE wouldn't dare try to set up a Japanese championship. NJPW, AJPW and Dragon Gate would never allow their talent to participate due to Vince's talent exclusivity contracts.

If Vince wants to sign Omega, he will need to break out a very large check, a good schedule, and no NXT.

The article I read mentioned that after the UK, the E is rumoured to develop a Latino and Asian championship as well.
Tessou
Posted: Jan 12 2017, 02:10 PM

Group Icon

If they make an Asian championship it'll be packed with Chinese talent. They won't have a Japanese champion unless they're signed. They tried signing Okada and failed. Ibushi also said no to their terms. They know they have it better in their own promotions.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 12 2017, 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 6 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
If they make an Asian championship it'll be packed with Chinese talent. They won't have a Japanese champion unless they're signed. They tried signing Okada and failed. Ibushi also said no to their terms. They know they have it better in their own promotions.

Hmmm, makes sense considering how many talents they brought over from there into NXT recently.

Btw, found an interesting video on WWE's YouTube:

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqZe9mEpSFg )

Triple H's debut match... The interesting bit is what he uses to finish the bout.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 15 2017, 12:41 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Member No.: 1,751

Lost another WWE legend today, RIP "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/01/15/jimmy-...we-legend-dies/

Tessou
Posted: Jan 15 2017, 12:42 PM

Group Icon

Controversial. WWE tweeted about it but I doubt they'll talk much about him on air. His HOF page was deleted years ago.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 15 2017, 12:57 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Yeah considering the murder charges and all, I completely understand and accept that stance

Just finished up Kenny Omega on jericho's podcast, real good interview. I hope Omega sticks around in Japan, if he goes to WWE/NXT now he'll surely get lost in the shuffle.

Now onto the Bruce Prichard's podcast about Rick Rude smile.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 16 2017, 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Smiley_DC2 @ Yesterday, 4:57 PM)
Yeah considering the murder charges and all, I completely understand and accept that stance

Just finished up Kenny Omega on jericho's podcast, real good interview. I hope Omega sticks around in Japan, if he goes to WWE/NXT now he'll surely get lost in the shuffle.

Now onto the Bruce Prichard's podcast about Rick Rude smile.gif

I've downloaded that episode, I need to listen to it later today (I'm interested in seeing if they talk about their hometown, since they're both from Winnipeg - quite possibly the coldest city in Canada), I've heard elsewhere that it was quite good too...

The Prichard podcast was pretty good too, they talk about one rib that is pretty great... I've got to get around to finishing up the last few Cornette podcasts. I do find it pretty funny how Cornette is very liberal minded when it comes to politics and the like, but he's so traditional minded and old school when it comes to the wrestling business, it's such an interesting disconnect and does lead to stuff like him bashing on Kevin Owens and Kenny Omega - stuff which makes me want to stop listening to his show.

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 4:42 PM)
Controversial. WWE tweeted about it but I doubt they'll talk much about him on air. His HOF page was deleted years ago.

Yeah, they still referred to him as a hall of famer though...
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 16 2017, 02:09 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

KURT ANGLE WILL BE IN THE WWE HALL OF FAME!!!

http://corporate.wwe.com/investors/news/pr...-2017-220017829

w00t2.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif

It's true, it's damn true!!!

And, Tessou - got some official news on the upcoming DVD here - http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0...age-positively/

This post has been edited by Smiley_DC2 on Jan 16 2017, 03:30 PM
Tessou
Posted: Jan 16 2017, 07:19 PM

Group Icon

Hoping this gets a steelbook like the Scott Hall bluray. I got the last one at Best Buy and it's great, with much better shelf appeal than the standard release. They also add a lot of extra content exclusively for bluray.

As for Omega, Cornette sounded off on the match on his latest episode, and it was not a glowing review. He hates Omega, didn't think the match was that great (because "it's not professional wrestling"), and derided that Meltzer would give it a star over everything else he's ever rated because it downplays the importance of other brilliant matches.
BOZZ
Posted: Yesterday, 2:58 AM

QUOTE (Tessou @ Jan 16 2017, 11:19 PM)
Hoping this gets a steelbook like the Scott Hall bluray. I got the last one at Best Buy and it's great, with much better shelf appeal than the standard release. They also add a lot of extra content exclusively for bluray.

As for Omega, Cornette sounded off on the match on his latest episode, and it was not a glowing review. He hates Omega, didn't think the match was that great (because "it's not professional wrestling"), and derided that Meltzer would give it a star over everything else he's ever rated because it downplays the importance of other brilliant matches.

Thing is, sure the match had some negative points to it, but he really seems to have a vendetta against types like Kenny Omega or The Young Bucks. It makes me wonder what his thoughts are on The New Day.
Tessou
Posted: Yesterday, 2:23 PM

Group Icon

He has no opinion on New Day because he doesn't watch WWE unless it's a Revival and/or Gargano & Ciampa match.
BOZZ
Posted: Yesterday, 2:34 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 10 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
He has no opinion on New Day because he doesn't watch WWE unless it's a Revival and/or Gargano & Ciampa match.

Hmmm, I'd still be interested to see if he views them in the same light of guys like Omega, that they're doing too much comedy/entertainment.
Tessou
Posted: Yesterday, 2:43 PM

Group Icon

He'd probably like their matches somewhat, but he's not a fan of the mickey mouse bullshit, especially some of their weaker promos.
BOZZ
Posted: Today, 12:43 AM

I'm actually going to go check out stuff online to see if he actually has commented on their work and promo stuff.

178 Pages  « 176 177 178