Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Keiichi Aizawa's Theme

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 114,215  ·  Replies: 127 
> Initial D Arcade Stage Zero
SonicSP
  Posted: Jul 28 2016, 11:00 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

http://initiald.sega.jp/inid8/

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 850 x 800. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Sega announced on their official website a new location test in Japan going from August 4-7. Not much details other than its Initial D Arcade Stage related. We're around the two year mark where a new game is usually announced, so chances are that we will be getting a new Arcade Stage entry of sorts, either a D9 or a D8 Kai most likely.

We will know more next week I guess as details emerge from the location of the test and of course the envitable annoucement.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jun 27 2018, 02:32 AM
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
Posted: Jul 28 2016, 11:03 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,795

Omg ohmy.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Jul 28 2016, 11:03 PM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 3 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
http://initiald.sega.jp/inid8/

http://imageshack.us/a/img923/9256/scwrnU.jpg

Sega announced on their official website a new location test in Japan going from August 4-7. Not much details other than its Initial D Arcade Stage related. We're around the two year mark where a new game is announced so are that we're getting a new Arcade Stage entry of sorts, either a D9 or a D8 Kai most likely.

We will know more next week I guess.

That logo Arcade Stage Legends www. Possibly new machine/cabinet, awaiting pictures from Japs on twitter on the loc test day.
SonicSP
  Posted: Jul 28 2016, 11:26 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Speaking of which, SHINN was the one who told me the whole thing while translating some of the words so hats to him for the tipoff.

We were getting suspicious also the event annoucement was so later than usually this month. So something was off lately....Now it all makes sense, Sega was also probabaly busy planning for the location tests.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 28 2016, 11:29 PM
holnivek
Posted: Jul 29 2016, 12:06 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 46,366

I thought Infinity is going to be the last version, since it's, you know, infinity tongue.gif
Initial_A
Posted: Jul 29 2016, 05:25 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 46,379

yuufaIS_allOUT
Posted: Jul 29 2016, 06:04 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,135

Personally, I think that ID8's physics was almost perfect. But still lacks of great variety of cars (especially the classic JDMs, as well as non-Evo Mitsu) and courses (remember the missing 246's home course?).

My thought of the new Initial D Arcade Stage could be a reboot or something beyond like going to do the WMMT's way (but too early to predict). As long as Sega willing to keep the ID8 physics, then I'll be much looking forward.

This post has been edited by yuufaIS_allOUT on Jul 29 2016, 06:17 AM
Saint
Posted: Jul 30 2016, 11:53 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

It'd be wicked if they switch the game physics to realistic driving, with clutch and MT gearbox.

Cornering won't be as fun as its predecessors anymore, though. laugh.gif
Akii
Posted: Jul 31 2016, 08:03 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

So now the IDAS has a name now. It will be called Initial D Arcade Stage Zero

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBYlaBm6-Mo&feature=share )

Notable new features are...

- H shifter pattern ala Wangan now
- Uses AIME cards the save data now. No more Initial D License usage
holnivek
Posted: Jul 31 2016, 08:03 PM

IDW God Member

It looks like there WILL be a new Arcade stage: http://initiald.sega.jp/inid0/

Did someone say MT gearbox? Your wish has been granted.
N643
Posted: Jul 31 2016, 09:39 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

finally i can get back to playing manual, since id3 i stopped (up and down shifting just doesnt really work for me)

This post has been edited by N643 on Jul 31 2016, 10:08 PM
SonicSP
  Posted: Jul 31 2016, 09:42 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Disappointed with the two changes personally, I vastly prefer sequential shifters and I don't think I like the Aime card thing as a whole either, even if it does solve the problem of the complex card readers currently in use.

Do Aime cards even work offline by the way? Because if it doesn't that means North America might be stuck without the ability to use cards even. Certainly hope it does work offline.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 31 2016, 09:49 PM
Akii
Posted: Jul 31 2016, 09:58 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

No. AIME cards will not work offline unfortunately. They are like NAMCO's Bana Passports. Heck, you can even cross-use them between BanaPassport machines and AIME machines

This post has been edited by Akii on Jul 31 2016, 10:02 PM
N643
Posted: Jul 31 2016, 10:04 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

but north america is getting new mt with online soon, so id might be the same too

cab looks.like id123, that nostalgia feel

This post has been edited by N643 on Jul 31 2016, 10:09 PM
yuufaIS_allOUT
Posted: Jul 31 2016, 10:54 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,135

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 12 minutes ago)
Disappointed with the two changes personally, I vastly prefer sequential shifters and I don't think I like the Aime card thing as a whole either, even if it does solve the problem of the complex card readers currently in use.

I like the idea of the actual manual in the game, but sometimes it can go into the wrong gear accidentally, and also it's tends to break easier (as well as the gear entry is not registered, or back to neutral) compared to the sequential style (the experience from any WMMT players).

Speaking of my personal thought, I think the Zero is more of a reboot of IDAS rather than all-new (first post-m.o.v.e IDAS ever still). What I've know about Zero so far:

1. Probably using back the ID8 physics, but could be even more realistic.
2. No more tag mode (probably)
3. Only 6 playable courses during the location test (more might be added in the final version)
4. Revamped story mode
5. ID6 leveling style
6. All-new BGM line-up
7. Game progress will be using Aime/Bana Pass, rather than license card
8. Ghost mode? (I saw the Revenge stuff like that)

What we still need to know more:
1. New cars (obviously)
2. Courses line-up (new/returned)
3. 3-cars per driver/one car one driver? (Since new card system will be used)
4. Could be something else, any ideas?

This post has been edited by yuufaIS_allOUT on Jul 31 2016, 11:11 PM
holnivek
Posted: Jul 31 2016, 11:45 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 56 minutes ago)
Disappointed with the two changes personally, I vastly prefer sequential shifters and I don't think I like the Aime card thing as a whole either, even if it does solve the problem of the complex card readers currently in use.offline.

I agree about sequential shifting, feel like it's part of what makes IDAS unique.

What is it about Aime card that you don't like? I stopped playing arcades for a really long time so I'm out of touch with the technologies.

QUOTE (yuufaIS_allOUT @ 44 minutes, 8 seconds ago)

1. Probably using back the ID8 physics, but could be even more realistic.
5. ID6 leveling style

There is a video that shows the gameplay briefly, you might have missed it. The physics looks quite different from D8. Footwork resembles that of D7, but the drift feels more slippery.

What is the leveling style of D6 and how does it differ from that of D8?
SonicSP
  Posted: Jul 31 2016, 11:47 PM

Nagao Fanboy

- Actual manual would require a clutch though. This is more closer to it in terms of the shifter style but it's still technically semi-automatic.

- Early locations tests are not necessrily indicative of the final physics I recall. For example when they did the D5 location tests, the used D4 physics instead but the final D5 turned out to be be very different. The same goes for the race HUD they recycle some elements from the current game but is completely gone by the final new version.

- Leveling systems though, tend to be representative of the final version more often than not. So most like this will stay in the final version.

=======

Personally I hope they keep using Eurobeat music genre like the original anime series. I like rock style they use in the movie usually but it's just not Initial D to me.
Saint
Posted: Jul 31 2016, 11:48 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

Was planning to stop at IDAS8 once 9 comes out, but DAAAAYUMN MT gears! Oh dayumn! :woot:
SonicSP
  Posted: Aug 1 2016, 12:58 AM

Nagao Fanboy

At this point, I'm personally quite worried whether Malaysia will get it or not honestly. The economic environment is pretty tough on arcades right now and IDAS isn't as popular as say Wangan, so a new machine will be quite expensive. Quite likely the two-cabinet norm from pre-D6 will return at a minimum given the costs associated with getting a brand new machines. The price to players will also be quite high I assume.

What is it about Aime card that you don't like? I stopped playing arcades for a really long time so I'm out of touch with the technologies.

Right now, each IDAS machine has a dedicated mechanically complex card reader. You insert your card at the beginning of the game, when your game is done the machine will save your data into the card before it is ejected and pick it up again. Unless it's a problem with the card reader or things issues version incompatibility your card will more or less work. Sega does store some of your data online like records and progress but the bulk of it is stored offline.

If your arcade has online and you subscribe to Sega's D.NET online service, a complete backup of your card and all its info is available at all times, so if you lose your card you can "recover" it by buying a blank card and going through some steps on the online arcade machines. Here, Sega will restore the backup lost card data stored on their server and save it to your new blank card. (I skipped a few steps in the explanation but that's the gist). While the card reader is a pain to deal with sometimes, it is the best of both worlds in my opinion.

Sega's Aime card works pretty much like Namco's Banana Pass card, in the sense that it's a fully online system. At the start of your game you "tap" your card at card reader pad, and that's it, you then put it back in your pocket. The game will then collect your data from Sega's cloud servers and when you are done with the game it will save your data back on the server. No progress data is saved on your card AFAIK.

The problem as you may have guessed is that you can only use your card when there is an online connection. Unlike the old system, there is no offline data saving here. If you happen to go to your arcade and their connection is out then well, you're pretty much stuck playing with stock cars with no progress savings until they fix that. If your arcade doesn't have the online service for the game at all, you can't use the cards to save your data, period.

At full functionality Aime works well I guess, you can just keep your card after your first tap and the card reader is mechanically very simple. So there will not be any problems like the cards getting stuck and such.

It is the "requirement of online just to use your card" thing that bugs me. Also it's a general computing philisophy of mine in real life, since I hate not having the option to store and use my save data offline. I do not like fully cloud systems for something that can be reasonably done offline, and simple things like game save data fall under that category.

Not that I don't use cloud systems, I do use them and they have their benefits just that I don't like relying solely on them and I dislike systems that stop working when the connection is down. Things like not being able to enter online battles when the connection is down is very reasonable, but things like not being able to access basic progress data is not.

What is the leveling style of D6 and how does it differ from that of D8?

Instead of categories like E3, E2, etc they use levels that go from 1 to 99. D4/D5/D7/D8 all use the letter system.

Honestly I much prefer the letters though it's not like a deal breaker or anything.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 1 2016, 02:46 AM
holnivek
Posted: Aug 1 2016, 02:21 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 23 minutes ago)
The problem as you may have guessed is that you can only use your card when there is an online connection. Unlike the old system, there is no offline data saving here. If you happen to go to your arcade and their connection is out then well, you're pretty much stuck playing with stock cars with no progress savings until they fix that. If your arcade doesn't have the online service for the game at all, you can't use the cards to save your data, period.

At full functionality Aime works well I guess, it's the "requirement of online just to use your card" thing that bugs me. Also it's a general computing philisophy of mine in real life, as I hate not having the option to store and use my data offlin. I do not like fully cloud systems for something that can be reasonably done offline, and things like game save data fall under that category.

Makes sense. Personally I'm also not a big fan of systems that require synchronization with the cloud. To have the freedom of playing a game taken away from me just because the machine isn't connected to the internet is a step backwards. The current D8 card system is the best of both worlds - you get cloud synchronization which enables certain features like checking your profile online, and you'll still be able to play the game offline with all your progress.
SonicSP
  Posted: Aug 1 2016, 02:33 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Part of it also because I feel for the North American (and Europe and others without online) userbase of IDAS players. It's one thing to not have online battles, it's another thing completely to not even have cards to play with.

Some of us in Asia have had online since 2011 when D6 came out but I still remember the days that we didn't. If it was us and we were hit with the ability to not use cards at all, well I would be really pissed.

The only hope for these areas to have to get to play cards if their arcades are willing to agree to the monthly subscription and revenue share contract with Sega - and of course that Sega even offers it some of these locations in the first place. Who knows, like N643 says, maybe just maybe Sega might offer them.

Though at the same time I don't blame Sega too much. At the end of the day these problems are relatively minor for Japanese arcades which is their main market. I even guessed it was inevitable since Aime already exists, but to actually see the transition is another thing I guess.

Oh well, beats not having D9 at all I guess......or I guess should say D0 now.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 1 2016, 02:41 AM
tushi
Posted: Aug 1 2016, 04:46 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 42,030

Looks like this game will be based on the Legends series, judging from the characters styles and team stickers. I just hope that they don't remove Eurobeat, cuz if they do, I'll quit.

Wonder if they'll release the game for consoles as well....
awddrifter
Posted: Aug 1 2016, 04:49 AM

なんでやねん

Member No.: 377

The "All-new BGM line-up" scares me... are they going to get rid of all eurobeat? sad.gif

If I have some free time this weekend, I might go check out one of the location tests...
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
SonicSP
  Posted: Aug 1 2016, 05:27 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (tushi @ 35 minutes, 0 seconds ago)
Looks like this game will be based on the Legends series, judging from the characters styles and team stickers. I just hope that they don't remove Eurobeat, cuz if they do, I'll quit.

Wonder if they'll release the game for consoles as well....

QUOTE (awddrifter @ 33 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
The "All-new BGM line-up" scares me... are they going to get rid of all eurobeat? sad.gif

If I have some free time this weekend, I might go check out one of the location tests...

I think the BGM part says something like all new BGM lineup based on cinema or something like that. If that means the music style is changing to Legends movie series, then yes that would mean getting rid of eurobeat. Which would be unfortunate in my opinion, since it wouldn't be Initial D without Eurobeat. It's the biggest problem I have personally with the movie series, I don't even mind the rehashed story.

Just a theory, but if Sega takes all the music to ones they make by themselves as opposed to licensed music that means they save a lot of money in licensing fees. One of the reason why Burn Inside has appeared consistently since its debut in D6 is because of that.

Sega is in pretty rough financial shape at the moment, so they'll probabaly be looking to cut costs however they can.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 1 2016, 08:43 AM
Spartan_Ace
Posted: Aug 1 2016, 08:50 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 46,575

Dope!! Looking forward to trying it out in California.... 3 years from now lol

This post has been edited by Spartan_Ace on Aug 2 2016, 05:41 PM

6 Pages  1 2 3 »