Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing eye-catch B

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 13,882  ·  Replies: 77 
> Sword Art Online
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Aug 1 2012, 02:39 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (MyAnimeList)
user posted image

The only way to escape is to 'clear' the game. Death in game means actual 'death' ----

The ten thousand who have logged onto the as of yet mysterious game 'Sword Art Online' using their Nerve Gear have been forced into this perilous death game and are trapped inside.

Protagonist Kirito, one of the many gamers, has greeted this 'truth'.
He plays as a solo player in the giant castle that is the stage for this game ---- 'Aincrad'.

To meet the conditions of clearing the game and leaving this twisted virtual world, one of the players has to reach the 100th floor and beat the boss. Will Kirito have what it takes to clear the game, or will he die trying?

(Source: Mangafox)

This stuff is pretty intense. Hiroaki Hirata, the Japanese voice actor for Tiger in Tiger&Bunny and Mutta in Space Bros is one of the supporting characters. I'm on the third episode and I really like it. I once had a dream like this too; start playing Phantasy Star Online 2, get trapped inside it and then players have to beat the game to escape or die trying. Totally boss status. Also, LiSA. Theme song performance. That is all. Who else is watching this?
Wanderer
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 03:09 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

Looks like I have another anime to watch now.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Nerubian
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 03:29 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

I want to watch this too but I'm too lazy. derp.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 06:38 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

People who aren't watching this already, shame on you. Also my friends say it's closer to Ragnarok Online or Diablo...though that's probably because the one who said it's like RO played RO and the one who said it's like Diablo plays Diablo. Personally I don't play MMOs so to me it's just .hack//SIGN on steroids. laugh2.gif

Great show though, been watching it since episode 1. Doesn't help that I got to hear the theme performed live at AX before it aired. awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
r3d$unz
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 07:44 PM

GRRRR...YO! Apachai daio~!!

Member No.: 1,533

watched the latest episode and I'm enjoying it. but it's definitely far from perfect.

I'm finding the pacing of the story way too sporadic. I'd rather they slow it down a little bit or at least pace it a little better. the story is there, just tell it better mmk?

Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Aug 1 2012, 08:24 PM

Patient Zero

Yeah, that's about my only complaint. The concept behind the story is amazing but the presentation is lacking a bit. They skip around a bit and now on the fourth episode they're on like what? The 20th level or something and a year has passed since the beginning of the series? I can't really blame them though, animating and narrating through all 100 floors would be insanely boring. I love their lingo though. "BEATER!" laugh2.gif
PandaApex
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 09:29 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,092

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 1 hour, 4 minutes ago)
Yeah, that's about my only complaint. The concept behind the story is amazing but the presentation is lacking a bit. They skip around a bit and now on the fourth episode they're on like what? The 20th level or something and a year has passed since the beginning of the series? I can't really blame them though, animating and narrating through all 100 floors would be insanely boring. I love their lingo though. "BEATER!" laugh2.gif

Having read the LNs for SAO, its not that bad of a time skip. The original LN (volume 1) went from the first day or so (First three Chapters) to two years later (chapter 3). Right now its side story that introduces the backstory to SAO as well as characters that didn't show up in the original volume 1 of the story, but in later stories. The show has good promise so far, the anime is following fairly closely to the LN.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 09:44 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Yeah, what Panda said. From what I've heard, the Anime's huge skips are because it's skipping a lot of the 'grinding' present in the novel. So actually, this super-fast pace is to get to the meat of the story faster. Then it should slow down and be awesome. I'm not that worried. happy.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Aug 1 2012, 09:59 PM

Patient Zero

user posted image

Thank you Kenstar. Also thanks Panda and N1 for explaining that. That explains the reason why the plot progresses that quickly. I hope that it gets awesome and stays awesome. Awesome. Awesome face. awesome.gif
Nerubian
Posted: Aug 2 2012, 08:47 AM

I think I wait until the BDs are coming out. derp.gif

This post has been edited by Nerubian on Aug 2 2012, 08:52 AM
PandaApex
Posted: Aug 2 2012, 08:55 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 10:44 PM)
Yeah, what Panda said. From what I've heard, the Anime's huge skips are because it's skipping a lot of the 'grinding' present in the novel. So actually, this super-fast pace is to get to the meat of the story faster. Then it should slow down and be awesome. I'm not that worried. happy.gif

To be fair, the grinding WASN'T present in the novel. It just dropped on us Kirito when he started THEN SUDDENLY Kirito after he is arguably one of the strongest people in the game, with the grinded skills and weaponry to boot. Episode 2-5 are from later introduced sidestories which introduced characters that never appeared originally in the first novel. Fittingly, most of the sidestories are during the big time skip between Kirito's beginner state and his main (stronger) state during the bulk of the novel.

tl;dr - The anime has SMALLER timeskips than the novel did.

And yes, I expect at least Episode 6-7 to be the start of the bulk of the novel, so it should start slowing down pretty soon. Also, I assume a sequel is being considered based on the reception of this anime, since there is quite alot of content to go through. (at least 3 different anime seasons worth maybe)
Tomiya Takato
Posted: Aug 3 2012, 12:09 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,663

Cant get enough of this. Makes me yearn to live through every week just to be able to watch this derp.gif
sometrueno
Posted: Aug 3 2012, 01:56 AM

◆フェアレディZ POWER◆

Member No.: 11,599

p sick

but i have this feeling that ive seen this concept somewhere else
r3d$unz
Posted: Aug 14 2012, 11:05 PM

I'm starting to enjoy this series a little more now. Thanks for the heads up guys! Things just got a LOT more interesting. Anyone have an episode count?

Nerubian
Posted: Aug 15 2012, 10:39 AM

There is a total of 25 episodes.

This post has been edited by Nerubian on Aug 15 2012, 10:44 AM
r3d$unz
Posted: Aug 15 2012, 12:51 PM

Awesome, looks like we have a while to go =)
plasticmonk
Posted: Aug 30 2012, 12:45 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 38,939

All I thought when I was watching the first episode was ''this is hack, this is hack" XD but the series is pretty good so far but the time jumps are pretty fast.
r3d$unz
Posted: Sep 6 2012, 10:43 AM

I had no idea the mangaka for SAO is the same writer that penned Accel World! Makes sense considering the concept and premise are somewhat similar.

I read somewhere that arguably, Accel World is set in the same world as SAO thirty years in the future? Any thoughts?
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Sep 6 2012, 11:11 AM

Patient Zero

I can believe that. I mean outside the game the society looks fairly normal. Nothing huge and futuristic. That also brings up the question. What do the families of the people who are killed do? I mean finding someone dead in their room must be a big shock. Hm... Maybe I'm thinking too much intro it.

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Sep 7 2012, 06:06 AM
r3d$unz
Posted: Sep 6 2012, 11:33 AM

I'm sure they would have noticed that the players hadn't left their rooms in almost a year now. I'm also fairly sure its in the news from the first couple of deaths.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Sep 6 2012, 06:32 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

They were all moved to hospitals and stuff within the first few days of the game after all the deaths in the first day or two hit the news. Thanks to the internal battery on the Nervegear, they had enough time to move all the players without setting off the disconnection failsafe.

And yeah, there's actually a crossover chapter where Kirito and Cartman get into a duel. laugh.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Sep 8 2012, 10:10 PM

Patient Zero

Hurrah! We are finally moving along on the plot now! This is why I'm watching the show! For the boss fights. I hope things keep this exciting for the rest of the show. Now, how are they going to cover the rest of the light novels if they are ever going to do that?

r3d$unz
Posted: Sep 9 2012, 01:17 AM

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Sep 6 2012, 11:11 AM)
I can believe that. I mean outside the game the society looks fairly normal. Nothing huge and futuristic. That also brings up the question. What do the families of the people who are killed do? I mean finding someone dead in their room must be a big shock. Hm... Maybe I'm thinking too much intro it.

Looks like we got an answer: In the latest episode of Accel world the nerve gear was mentioned. That was freaking awesome!
PandaApex
Posted: Sep 9 2012, 12:17 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Next episode is one of the sidestories from Vol. 2.

Sadly most of the surprise from events are ruined for me, having read most/all of the currently scanlated Vol. of SAO and Accel World, so nothing comes as a surprise to me @_@....
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Sep 16 2012, 02:25 PM

Patient Zero

Asuna needs to learn how to keep it in her pants. Holy cow. laugh2.gif

Anyway, the series is picking up major steam and I love it! They better keep with the action instead of dropping it off. I really don't want to resort to reading the novels to get the main plot.

4 Pages  1 2 3 »