Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing DJ Cryptomundo Party Hour CM 1

Views: 2,780  ·  Replies: 6 
> Mobile Bug?
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Nov 11 2012, 07:37 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Okay, so I'm an iPhone user and I've loved the forum's mobile theme since Perry first put it in place years ago. However, within the last month I've noticed a really disturbing bug that has made browsing the forum all but impossible for me while on my phone. I'd like to know if any other mobile users have been affected and if so what platform they're on.

Basically, it goes like this. Say there are unread topics in Initial D General Discussion, Initial D Music, Automotive Discussion, Community and Off-Topic. As per usual, I'll start at the top and work my way down. The mobile theme has always had a bug where if you use Safari's back button it'll clear your unread forums, so I never use it, I always use the Initial D World logo at the top to go back to the main index. So I'll check through General, then move on to Automotive. Finish that, move on to Community...

...then suddenly even though I was just at the Index and it told me there were unread posts, I go into Community and none of the threads are marked as unread. I go back to the index and sure enough, it's gone and cleared my unread history. sad.gif I rely on that history to let me know at a glance which threads I need to pay attention to and it's especially important on my mobile where the amount of information displayed is at a premium.

So has anyone else experienced this mysterious clearing of unread topic history?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 11 2012, 07:49 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

I use Android and I have noticed but it never really bothered me since I'm usually auto logged in on my phone and I constantly check the threads. There are a few other bugs but they're other pages. No big deal for me though, I'm used to it. Since you brought it up though I hope it get fixed soon! happy.gif

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Nov 11 2012, 07:50 PM
Perry
Posted: Nov 11 2012, 08:13 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Okay, it just happened to me. I am going to take a close look at it now.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Spaz
Posted: Nov 11 2012, 08:59 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

I check in on my phone from work a couple times a week and post occasionally and have NEVER seen this issue.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Nov 11 2012, 09:24 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Spaz @ 24 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
I check in on my phone from work a couple times a week and post occasionally and have NEVER seen this issue.

What phone do you have?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Möbius
Posted: Nov 12 2012, 03:24 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

He's on Android AFAIK, like me. I never noticed the issue, but then again, I don't browse on Mobile anyway.
Spaz
Posted: Nov 13 2012, 12:04 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 12:24 AM)
What phone do you have?

I've got a G2 (HTC Desire Z) with Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.4 ICS) running the stock browser.