Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Super Eurobeat Presents - Initial D ~Hyper Mega Mix~

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

37 Pages  « 33 34 35 36 37  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 271,125  ·  Replies: 924 
> Introduction to IDAS8 Infinity, All you need to know to move on from IDAS7 to IDAS8.
holnivek
Posted: Jul 10 2016, 03:39 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,366

QUOTE (serie @ 3 hours, 24 minutes ago)
Hi

I dont think there is an ID8 machine on my country.
I havent tried to connect the machine to internet cause i know its a waste of time, it needs a sega router and all.net accounting, enven if make a tunel to make the machine connect to internet, it will not pass all.net checks, i know that from other jap sega games ...

I am going to try to source some amount of cards and i would like to know how much players pay for a blank card on the street.

Thanks

Keep an eye on ebay, I remember seeing them but don't remember what the price was.

QUOTE (zenthatremains @ 1 hour, 12 minutes ago)
Any experts who can advice on how to tackle turns properly?

For downhill, I tap on gas twice or thrice while holding brake and let go of everything while turning.

I do the same for uphill, but it doesn't seem to be working well.

Please advise!!!

Not an expert, but one thing to notice is not all courses are the same, which means you shouldn't use the same technique on all of them. The basic techniques are BCBC (suitable for Myogi) and BCCC (what you described, suitable for Akina). On courses like Nana and Tsukuba I use a combination of these basic techniques. Watch some TA videos and experiment around to see which one fits the course.
zenthatremains
Posted: Jul 10 2016, 08:44 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 46,604

QUOTE (holnivek @ 5 hours, 4 minutes ago)

Keep an eye on ebay, I remember seeing them but don't remember what the price was.

Not an expert, but one thing to notice is not all courses are the same, which means you shouldn't use the same technique on all of them. The basic techniques are BCBC (suitable for Myogi) and BCCC (what you described, suitable for Akina). On courses like Nana and Tsukuba I use a combination of these basic techniques. Watch some TA videos and experiment around to see which one fits the course.

Do those two techniques apply for uphill as well? I've been going downhill during 2v2 for almost every game, and when I finally tried uphill a few times, I realised I can't do as well.
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 10 2016, 05:51 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

It's on a course by course basis (and I'm counting the DH and UH of the one hill to be different courses here). If a technique isn't working well on an Uphill version that worked well on DH, it's not related to the fact that it's actually uphill, it's because it's a different course with different physics settings programmed into each course.

To get an example of what I mean, try play a course like Akina DH, get near the end then turn around and drive back up. You will see that the Akina DH "Reverse" you're playing is very very different from Akina UH. It's physically the same course but the way your car physics work is very different from the normal Akina UH because each "course" has its own programmed physics into it with differences like gear shifting speeds built in.
zenthatremains
Posted: Jul 10 2016, 06:48 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 57 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
It's on a course by course basis (and I'm counting the DH and UH of the one hill to be different courses here). If a technique isn't working well on an Uphill version that worked well on DH, it's not related to the fact that it's actually uphill, it's because it's a different course with different physics settings programmed into each course.

To get an example of what I mean, try play a course like Akina DH, get near the end then turn around and drive back up. You will see that the Akina DH "Reverse" you're playing is very very different from Akina UH. It's physically the same course but the way your car physics work is very different from the normal Akina UH because each "course" has its own programmed physics into it with differences like gear shifting speeds built in.

I'm sorry dude, but it's as good as not saying anything at all. Lol. But thanks anyway.
holnivek
Posted: Jul 10 2016, 07:31 PM

IDW God Member

I think what Sonic is trying to say is, UH and DH feel different even though you're tackling the same corner. I feel DH is more slippery, coupled with the fact that you're going at a higher speed. Personally, I make small modifications depending on the corner (like BCBC for UH, but BBCBC for DH).

You said you're not "doing as well", what did you mean by that? Are you understeering/oversteering? Did you hit the wall? Maybe you're cornering just fine but your speed is slightly lower (which is actually normal since it's uphill)?

This post has been edited by holnivek on Jul 10 2016, 07:32 PM
achc
Posted: Jul 10 2016, 08:07 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 37,289

BCCC on akina downhill & uphill works alright for me. Guess it's the timing & momentum how you hit and release the B & C . Advise over forums can't help much, best if you refer to videos, or learn by watching other play.
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Jul 10 2016, 08:33 PM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

I think what Sonic said actually makes sense. You'll notice your usual method on akina uh doesn't work very well on akina dh "reverse". But anyway let's get back to the topic. If your problem is understeer or oversteer, try initiating drift earlier or later see if there is any changes. If non of that works, try BCCC (basic) or BBCBC or BBBCBC or BCBC. If non of these works, then I suggest you watch more world records videos and play more rounds to experiment it yourself. After all the experience is yours and you'll need to do it yourself to understand it. Advice is easy, but it is very hard for someone to understand unless they keep trying themselves. Trust me, I've been through that.
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 11 2016, 02:02 AM

Nagao Fanboy

As other have said, you might want to try changing the timing a bit and see whether it helps. With BCCC, when you do the final release it is almost as important as when you initiate it. I personally find that releasing near the apex of the corner or even earlier to be quite good before letting the car slide naturally the rest of the way. When I started out, I find that I used to do it all the way through the entire corner until the end and it wasn't exactly fast.

BCCC for Akina UH is mostly important for CP4 and maybe some parts of CP1 and CP2. Akina UH is generally harder than DH though because the gutters are way way harder to use.

zenthatremains
Posted: Jul 11 2016, 11:03 PM

IDW Member

Thank you people. I know what Sonic is trying to say.

When I say I don't do as well, I don't mean to be over or under steering. Almost every uphill match, I came out of the turn slowing down, dramatically, which causes the guy behind me to catch up every single time. I don't know if that's normal for everyone or the method I'm using is wrong.
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Jul 12 2016, 12:42 AM

QUOTE (zenthatremains @ 1 hour, 38 minutes ago)
Thank you people. I know what Sonic is trying to say.

When I say I don't do as well, I don't mean to be over or under steering. Almost every uphill match, I came out of the turn slowing down, dramatically, which causes the guy behind me to catch up every single time. I don't know if that's normal for everyone or the method I'm using is wrong.

Try harder, watch more world records video, get as close to their time or even top 10 time for the world record or even top 1 for any map. Based on the way you describe, my only suggestion is for you to play that map over and over again 100/200/500 or even 1000 times until you get within 0-4 seconds of the world record of the map. Once you reach there, possibly you will have a different view and you will know clearly what you need to do for the other maps also.
zenthatremains
Posted: Jul 12 2016, 02:02 AM

IDW Member

Hi Shin,

Just a quick question.

For instance, I'm driving straight on gear 5 approaching a turn. I'm setting up for a drift, BCCC (or any other patterns), I turn, and accelerate out of the turn. Now, will it be better if I shift to gear 4 just before I turn? Because I know when I'm out of the turn I have to down gear anyway.
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Jul 12 2016, 05:10 AM

QUOTE (zenthatremains @ 3 hours, 8 minutes ago)
Hi Shin,

Just a quick question.

For instance, I'm driving straight on gear 5 approaching a turn. I'm setting up for a drift, BCCC (or any other patterns), I turn, and accelerate out of the turn. Now, will it be better if I shift to gear 4 just before I turn? Because I know when I'm out of the turn I have to down gear anyway.

Depends, shift down only when necessary. If your speed is not in the 5th gear range, by all means you can drop it and increase it to the 5th gear range. However if you shift down earlier and enter the corner, it will only result you coming out at an even lower speed compared to when you enter corner at 5th gear without shifting down. Choice is yours, stability over speed or speed over stability.

This post has been edited by -=SHINN=- on Jul 12 2016, 05:13 AM
yuufaIS_allOUT
Posted: Jul 14 2016, 11:29 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,135

Another day, another adjustment:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 672 x 480. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 15 2016, 04:08 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Looks like not much in the July annoucement other than some minor updates. Might be awhile before D9 hits, if it ever comes at all.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 15 2016, 04:09 AM
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Jul 15 2016, 04:54 AM

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 45 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
Looks like not much in the July annoucement other than some minor updates. Might be awhile before D9 hits, if it ever comes at all.

If they are announcing this 2 years anniversary, it could only mean in the upcoming 6 months to 1 year there won't be any new version announcement.
zenthatremains
Posted: Jul 15 2016, 07:40 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (-=SHINN=- @ Today, 4:54 AM)
If they are announcing this 2 years anniversary, it could only mean in the upcoming 6 months to 1 year there won't be any new version announcement.

I hope there won't be D9 (soon). I've just started with D8 and I want to complete everything before moving on to another stage.

Where do you guys get the news from?
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Jul 16 2016, 08:42 PM

QUOTE (zenthatremains @ Yesterday, 7:40 PM)
I hope there won't be D9 (soon). I've just started with D8 and I want to complete everything before moving on to another stage.

Where do you guys get the news from?

Source on what? Source on 2 anniversary is from the official D8 website Japanese and English already announced.

If you want a guarantee answer on Sega not releasing D9 you'll have to enquire from them directly through mailing via official website links.

Personal advice, if one wants to play, such problems shouldn't be much of a worry to anyone. If one wants to worry on new releases then might as well don't play as new releases will always be announce any time whenever you're unexpected.
zenthatremains
Posted: Jul 16 2016, 09:46 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (-=SHINN=- @ 1 hour, 4 minutes ago)
Source on what? Source on 2 anniversary is from the official D8 website Japanese and English already announced.

If you want a guarantee answer on Sega not releasing D9 you'll have to enquire from them directly through mailing via official website links.

Personal advice, if one wants to play, such problems shouldn't be much of a worry to anyone. If one wants to worry on new releases then might as well don't play as new releases will always be announce any time whenever you're unexpected.

Source on D9 released (or not), since there are rumours, and you guys are talking about it. I'm just curious.

Btw, what's bc and ba?

Isn't bc = brake and gas?

I'm confused when I saw someone mentioned bc and ba.
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 16 2016, 10:43 PM

Nagao Fanboy

BC just means brake and gas. BA is the same as BCCC, which is hold brake while tapping gas a few times.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 16 2016, 10:44 PM
zenthatremains
Posted: Jul 18 2016, 07:13 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Jul 16 2016, 10:43 PM)
BC just means brake and gas. BA is the same as BCCC, which is hold brake while tapping gas a few times.

Oh wow, thank you. Any idea what do they stand for?

BC = Black Cock?
BA = Big Anus?
xD
holnivek
Posted: Jul 19 2016, 04:32 AM

IDW God Member

BC = Brake Cancel. BA = Brake Accel (ask Sonic about this).
Tessou
Posted: Jul 19 2016, 03:10 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (zenthatremains @ Yesterday, 11:13 PM)
Oh wow, thank you. Any idea what do they stand for?

BC = Black Cock?
BA = Big Anus?
xD

This is not random thoughts. Please keep explicit posting out of IDAS section from now on, thank you.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
holnivek
Posted: Jul 23 2016, 02:16 AM

IDW God Member

2 questions:

1. How does Sega control the course car for each course in TA? For example, Trueno 2door is currently fastest on Tsubaki DH, and we know that's Shinji's car and home course. The same is true for other courses (Evo 3 on Iro, R32 on Myogi). I'm sure this isn't a coincidence. Is the top speed or physics different depending on which car you're driving on a certain course? I'm no where near SP currently so I couldn't tell the difference, but I'm curious to know how Sega achieved this.

2. Does anyone have stats on percentages of players in each rank? For example, 10% in infinity, 18% in SS, etc.

This post has been edited by holnivek on Jul 23 2016, 02:17 AM
DK_Brawler
Posted: Jul 23 2016, 12:13 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

QUOTE (holnivek @ 9 hours, 56 minutes ago)
2 questions:

1. How does Sega control the course car for each course in TA? For example, Trueno 2door is currently fastest on Tsubaki DH, and we know that's Shinji's car and home course. The same is true for other courses (Evo 3 on Iro, R32 on Myogi). I'm sure this isn't a coincidence. Is the top speed or physics different depending on which car you're driving on a certain course? I'm no where near SP currently so I couldn't tell the difference, but I'm curious to know how Sega achieved this.

2. Does anyone have stats on percentages of players in each rank? For example, 10% in infinity, 18% in SS, etc.

1. Nothing was revealed from Sega, but players have stated a slight boost in accel and handling. In version 4 it was a top speed increase. There's also weird "home course" cars such as the R35 on Hakone UH, ST205 on Myogi DH and the Altezza in Usui in 7AAX which have no correlation at all.

2. There's no numbers of the total player base, statistics will be purely made up.
holnivek
Posted: Jul 24 2016, 02:50 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (iDucKy @ Yesterday, 1:13 PM)
1. Nothing was revealed from Sega, but players have stated a slight boost in accel and handling. In version 4 it was a top speed increase. There's also weird "home course" cars such as the R35 on Hakone UH, ST205 on Myogi DH and the Altezza in Usui in 7AAX which have no correlation at all.

2. There's no numbers of the total player base, statistics will be purely made up.

Interesting. I guess this is the sort of thing that you can tell only when you're close to the world record.

I misstated that R32 is the course car on Myogi in my earlier post. It's the Celica for DH and Evo X for UH, neither of which is driven by Nakazato or Shingo lol.

This post has been edited by holnivek on Jul 24 2016, 02:52 AM

37 Pages  « 33 34 35 36 37