Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Dave Rodgers - Disco Fire

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 71,277  ·  Replies: 189 
> IDAS5 Beginner's Guide, No clue as to what you're doing? Ask here!
ChiyoV
Posted: Jul 19 2010, 06:22 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,944

Do you have any tips for playing with an automatic car?
I know it wouldn't beat most records, but any tips to be competitive and be up there with the faster times?

In theory, automatic shouldn't be as bad as old eraser techniques wouldn't really do anything in 5 anymore.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 19 2010, 06:29 PM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

QUOTE (ChiyoV @ 7 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
Do you have any tips for playing with an automatic car?
I know it wouldn't beat most records, but any tips to be competitive and be up there with the faster times?

In theory, automatic shouldn't be as bad as old eraser techniques wouldn't really do anything in 5 anymore.

At the end of the Absolute Beginner's guide, I mentioned the Manual/Auto thing.

Auto is going to upshift right before you redline, so you can't control your entry speeds into corners. It also donwshifts according to the RPM it hits, so that screws up any late braking you would normally be able to do.

You can downshift MANUALLY, but it'll go down 2 gears instead of one.

It's much easier to just suck it up and use manual instead of wracking your brain to do well in a flawed system.
bloodyredd
Posted: Jul 20 2010, 03:36 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 34,304

May I ask? What car would you guys recommend for me? RX-7, BNR32 or Evo 7? Coz I saw the show me your car thread and I saw those three with good set ups damn cant decide. Although the arcade here only has IDAS4. :/
*j*j*
Posted: Jul 20 2010, 05:45 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

QUOTE (bloodyredd @ 2 hours, 8 minutes ago)
May I ask? What car would you guys recommend for me? RX-7, BNR32 or Evo 7? Coz I saw the show me your car thread and I saw those three with good set ups damn cant decide. Although the arcade here only has IDAS4. :/

ermm try to ask at the V4 thread ... as far as i can remember i was fine with d 86 in V4 happy.gif
justxsongs
Posted: Jul 20 2010, 07:08 AM

FUCK

Member No.: 32,783

Digibunny, I do a video for akina DHD, den u help mii edit?
It's to show the lining at bumper view with explaination...
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 20 2010, 07:14 AM

Reading is magic!

I'm cool with that. Send me the raw materials you'd like to use, and we'll get on with it. Upload times may vary though; I'm sitting here tearing my hair out because the videos always fall just short of 5% upload before the connection slaughters itself.
bloodyredd
Posted: Jul 21 2010, 04:20 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (*j*j* @ Yesterday, 5:45 AM)
ermm try to ask at the V4 thread ... as far as i can remember i was fine with d 86 in V4 happy.gif

Anyway what would you recommend from the three cars?
*j*j*
Posted: Jul 21 2010, 05:30 AM

IDW Goldmember

as usual depends on which maps u whd wan 2 focus n played to your potential ...

out of the 3 for me i will definitely choose RX7-FC3 coz i like playing akagi dhd happy.gif
bloodyredd
Posted: Jul 22 2010, 01:22 AM

IDW Member

Which is better in terms of handling? How about speed? Evo 7 or BNR32 or GC8 or FD3S?
*j*j*
Posted: Jul 22 2010, 01:42 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (bloodyredd @ 19 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
Which is better in terms of handling? How about speed? Evo 7 or BNR32 or GC8 or FD3S?

it have been almost 1yr v change to playing v5 ... reli forgot bout V4 techniques n cars ... juz go to V4 discussion thread u can find your answers in the car threads ...
TougeSpirit
Posted: Jul 22 2010, 05:23 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,759

The FD3s is the best out of your choices for idas4, but the s2k, trueno, and cappuchino will slaughter it
RIT_ninja
Posted: Jul 22 2010, 08:21 PM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

QUOTE (*j*j* @ Jul 14 2010, 04:49 AM)
hmm ok lets break down the akina corner speeds

1. 1st right corner of akina 60+
2. the quick left-right combo where u need to off gas n brake at the short right at 78/80
3. the next left will b at 60+
4. the right corner b4 cp1 at 125+/-
5. cp2 1st right corner 60+ n the next left corner at 60+
6. the butterfly curse 1st left off gas when u enter the gutter at 170/171 brake till 79/80
7. RHOD at 60+
8. 3 lane turn at 60+
9. 5 cons hairpins > 1st at 60+, 2nd at 70+, 3rd at 70+, 4th 60+ n last at 70+
10. the left corner b4 fireworks at 80+
11. fireworks right corner at 70+

drift techniques required the weight management of the car to be balance/lighten (via countersteer) when u reaccel with a heavy steering then u r penalised ... dry.gif

I just started playing ID5 after quitting ID3 and ID4 for long time.
But I would like to share a few piece of advice to fellow new players that I learned from ppl who TA Akina and get 3'07"XX who are not too arrogant to help out noobs smile.gif

1. Get used to the physics by practicing Akina, because its the basic course for all IDAS
2. if your aim is to master Nagao, I suggest practicing Akina DH, then Happo to master some foot work, then you can move onto Nagao.
3. Full tune your car is a priority in getting better times after you master braking points and figured out a good line (IMO). Work on one car at a time
4. Use in-in-in technique at hairpins and brake early. Start accelerating out of a hairpin when you're more than 3/4 through
5. stay with heavier steering settings like around 5-ish to get a feel for the game. Lighter feedback will be harder to get used to the physics

Some say that hitting 3'20"XX under on Akina, means ur improving. 3'15"XX under should be pretty standard for full tuned cars and 3'10"XX under means you're in good shape smile.gif
if anyone can correct my Akina DH breakdown, I'd gladly appreciate

My Akina DH breakdown assuming a clean run and not full tuned. This breakdown maybe considered "slow", but it helps you get the feel for the game smile.gif

CP1
1. first left turn: let go of the gas, aim for above 140kmh. Enter the gutter once you get used to it
2. next right turn: let go of the gas for less than a second while turning.
3. first hairpin: brake 2 car lengths or more ahead of the corner, speed about 65~75, don't go too fast, save your tires for boost! Once you're used to it, get closer to the apex or the inside of the corner.
4. next sharp left right: brake to about 80+/-, exit and accelerate
5. quickly comes up the next left hairpin: 70+/-, then turn right full throttle
6. sharp right: brake and gas quickly, about 125~140 depends on how long you gas

CP2
1. First right hairpin: brake early! same, do 70+/-
2. next left hairpin, same 70+/-
3. keep going, and at the long left turn (butterfly), let go of the gas and as you approach the sharp left, brake to about 80+/-. Once you're used to it, gutter the left turn
4. a right turn and a left (gutter it)
5. the next right, let go of the gas for a second, the next left, let go and gutter the turn. Don't accelerate until your car is straight, you should be getting 135kmh exiting
6. then comes the right hairpin, brake early to about 60~70kmh. Once you're used to it, start guttering the entire right turn. Stay in the gutter on the straight away until the turn ends

CP3
1. after exiting the last of the S turn, start braking into the left hairpin. I say 60~70kmh if ur saving your boost. Stay on the inside and remember in-in-in
2. on the next sharp left, let go of the gas and accelerate when your car is straight. Accelerate through the next right
3. when you see the 5 consecutive, brake about 3 car lengths ahead of the 1st hairpin, around 60~70kmh for all the hairpin turns. Once you get used to it, gutter all the hairpins here.

CP4
1. you get a nice long straight before 2 more hairpins, again, do 70+/- on both
2. the next left hairpin, hit about 80kmh
3. the next right, go for 70+/-
4. now this is where you've been saving your boost and tire for the whole time, run freely through the next 2 pairs of smooth left and rights
5. let go of the gas on the next steeper left turn, downshift to 4th gear, accelerate when your car is straight
6. the next sharp right, let go of the gas and stay in 4th gear, after the next left turn, you're done! smile.gif

remember, play grip, not drift smile.gif

The reason why Akina DH is easier than other courses is because most corners are taken either 60kmh, 70kmh or 80kmh in second gear, so its repetitive and easy for beginners to learn smile.gif

Do NOT attempt the drift style driving until you are very familiar with the physics and can maneuver your car through various lines in a hairpin
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 22 2010, 09:00 PM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ 38 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
3. Full tune your car is a priority in getting better times after you master braking points and figured out a good line (IMO). Work on one car at a time

4. Use in-in-in technique at hairpins and brake early. Start accelerating out of a hairpin when you're more than 3/4 through

Some say that hitting 3'20"XX under on Akina, means ur improving. 3'15"XX under should be pretty standard for full tuned cars and 3'10"XX under means you're in good shape smile.gif
if anyone can correct my Akina DH breakdown, I'd gladly appreciate

My Akina DH breakdown assuming a clean run and not full tuned. This breakdown maybe considered "slow", but it helps you get the feel for the game smile.gif

I do have a few points I'd like to clarify. The breakdown itself is a tad slow, yes, but it does work well enough for a beginner. And even a run with some wall scrape with the gutter will allow you to get good times.

3.) I dont think you need an FT car immediately to get a better time in that sense; That would be just like buying a better car just to go faster. Full Tune helps, yes, but your focus should really stay on your driving.

4.)I use an out-in line. Otherwise I end up turning the steering wheel too much, and shave off boost.

3'20 with a stock car means you know what you're doing, and you aren't half bad for a new player.
3'15 with an FT would mean you understand the physics well enough, and you need fine tuning in all the other aspects (Late braking, earlier acceleration, etc.)
A 3'10 with NOT a Trueno means you don't need to be reading this guide anymore; you need to be back out there and experimenting on how to chop off those last little seconds in your way.
hellfire88
Posted: Jul 22 2010, 09:27 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 35,487

hmm my akina always cannot improve. i think akina lining is very very impt, if my lining is off my timing will be +1.xxx secs

anyway my akina ae86 is 3.14.xxx while my evo7 and fd3s6 is arnd 3.15.xxx (all full tuned)

best for iro dh is ae86 3.10.xxx
happo ob is fd3s6 3.10.xxx
tsukuba ob is evo7 3.09.xxx

my nagao uh and dh is bad(very hard to master this map)

any tips on how to improve overall?
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 22 2010, 11:23 PM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (hellfire88 @ 1 hour, 56 minutes ago)
hmm my akina always cannot improve. i think akina lining is very very impt, if my lining is off my timing will be +1.xxx secs

anyway my akina ae86 is 3.14.xxx while my evo7 and fd3s6 is arnd 3.15.xxx (all full tuned)

best for iro dh is ae86 3.10.xxx
happo ob is fd3s6 3.10.xxx
tsukuba ob is evo7 3.09.xxx

my nagao uh and dh is bad(very hard to master this map)

any tips on how to improve overall?

Brake later and accelerate sooner. If your lining is in fact dead on and you can't change that, then this is all I can think of.
Personally if your time is 3'15ish on Akina DHD, I doubt your lining is right on. My 3'15 times months ago lacked alot of the gutters I can get right now, and I always found myself going much wider than I thought I did watching replays. And then there's that final turn.

Nagao's guide, as well as Tsukuba OB and Myogi DH are incoming; but again, I still havent the bandwith to upload it recently.

Yeah, we do emphasize that boost is all important, and thus, so is saving it.
Buuuuuut! Therein lies the hard part of the game; figuring out how you can use the boost to it's limits without tearing it to pieces inappropriately.
hellfire88
Posted: Jul 22 2010, 11:45 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 35,487

thanks for the advice digibunny. my akina lining is not dead on. my best lining at 3.15.xxx is still off. lining at akina very difficult especially at the high speed corners at near the end of cp2. last turn gutter i also cannot get. if i get i will hit the wall and timing = gone case. usually i try to avoid but i lose a lot of speed aft the turn
*j*j*
Posted: Jul 23 2010, 07:18 PM

IDW Goldmember

to all who would want to improved your akina dhd TA i wish u guyz all the best ... it took me lots of time n $$$ to improved my skills with some good advices fr my team mates ...

u guyz need to have the patients n adapt to changes when necessary ... most of the times when i see newbies playing this map they just doesnt want to learn n correct themselves ... even tho when they saw me or my mates playing akina dhd i tot they might have learn a thing or few but when they played, it is still the same way they were playing ...

watching videos n live are totally different coz u can see the footworks n may b able to ask a few questions n clear your doubts ... at the end of the day the most important thing from yourself is how strong your will to learn smile.gif

remember > enjoy n have fun learning
bloodyredd
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 04:59 AM

IDW Member

Which sounds better Evo7, GC8 or BNR32? 8D
Randy
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 07:31 AM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Member No.: 32,890

QUOTE (bloodyredd @ 2 hours, 32 minutes ago)
Which sounds better Evo7, GC8 or BNR32? 8D

Well, still have yet to drive an Evo VII, so I don't know about that.

For me, I find GC8's engine sounds pretty smooth and pretty strong, while the R32 is pretty loud and that BOV sound it makes everytime you let go off your gas is kinda thrilling. biggrin.gif

If you really want a super-loud engine sounding machine, the JZA80 or R34 is probably for you.
tkrd48
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 10:17 AM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

QUOTE (*j*j* @ Yesterday, 7:18 PM)
to all who would want to improved your akina dhd TA i wish u guyz all the best ... it took me lots of time n $$$ to improved my skills with some good advices fr my team mates ...

u guyz need to have the patients n adapt to changes when necessary ... most of the times when i see newbies playing this map they just doesnt want to learn n correct themselves ... even tho when they saw me or my mates playing akina dhd i tot they might have learn a thing or few but when they played, it is still the same way they were playing ...

watching videos n live are totally different coz u can see the footworks n may b able to ask a few questions n clear your doubts ... at the end of the day the most important thing from yourself is how strong your will to learn smile.gif

remember > enjoy n have fun learning

If I were there I would sure to look at your foot work and try to imetate your style.... I sure to apriciate your advice.....
justxsongs
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 10:41 AM

FUCK

Member No.: 32,783

Actually I find this guide help for those beginners but not only beginners also.
I pick up some points and going to try them.
Although I use Evo7, 3'08"xxx akina dhd. Still this guide give more idea or points to try.=D
*j*j*
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 09:04 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (tkrd48 @ Today, 10:17 AM)
If I were there I would sure to look at your foot work and try to imetate your style.... I sure to apriciate your advice.....

observing my mt8 IN playing V5 til today i found out tat every player have their own style ... gone were the days in V2 n V3 where u can watch players doing the same thing eraser n TST at the same time ...

V5 is totally different, every single player's style is different n to copy/follow is very difficult ... thats why the Japs dont mind releasing their top TA videos out n until today no 1 can come near/beat their records ...

most important thing is that u have to understand the fundamentals n find your own style n way to improved smile.gif
tkrd48
Posted: Jul 25 2010, 01:38 AM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

QUOTE (*j*j* @ 4 hours, 34 minutes ago)
observing my mt8 IN playing V5 til today i found out tat every player have their own style ... gone were the days in V2 n V3 where u can watch players doing the same thing eraser n TST at the same time ...

V5 is totally different, every single player's style is different n to copy/follow is very difficult ... thats why the Japs dont mind releasing their top TA videos out n until today no 1 can come near/beat their records ...

most important thing is that u have to understand the fundamentals n find your own style n way to improved  smile.gif

Yes u r right but at least I would try to compare and improve my tech by watching other player but sometime there some type of ppl who is hard headed (bodo sombong) Who think their tech is the correct way I felt sorry to their stupidity...

This post has been edited by tkrd48 on Jul 25 2010, 01:39 AM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 26 2010, 03:32 PM

Reading is magic!

First page updated with my Myogi. The upload took an hour, and I dont think my college's bandwith can handle any more later on in the day when students are around and using the LAN.

I grossly underestimated Myogi, FTR.
bloodyredd
Posted: Jul 26 2010, 03:59 PM

IDW Member

How do I grip? I only know how to drift.

8 Pages  1 2 3 4 »