Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing SaGa - -MADOKA-

Radio Podcast
• Subscribe to our radio podcast: RSS feeds (Does not work with iTunes currently)
• Direct download for the shows is archived here: Recorded Shows (Convenient if you do not want to use any RSS client)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,554  ·  Replies: 6 
> So..., whats music for you?
Black_MKII
  Posted: Sep 10 2007, 02:08 AM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 19,141

well since this is a place where you can talk about music in general,i though i would write this topic, unless it is in the wrong section then i hope it will get moved.
so returning to the question, what is music for you?? what does it mean??
as for me, my music are basically M.O.V.E and eurobeats, some house and a bit metal as well.
anyway, music is the raft in my life, it is the only thing that keep's me alive in this stupid community with stupid people, while i go to school, i meet all kind of scum, i get called alot of names by some ignorants just because i know english and a bit about cars, i return everyday from school, to my only two shelters in life "i don't care if you call me a geek or anything but i will say it": my Computer and Music.
when i listen to music, i forget everything, wether it was Dave Rodgers, ATB, Chicane or anything else, i forget this world, i forget everything: no future, no past, just now...
so, just wanted to ask you, WHAT is music to you exactly?
twitchykun
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 03:52 AM

F*ck land I'm on a boat Motherf*cker!

Member No.: 20,454

Talk about your open-ended questions. Music is, simply music. Tickles the eardrums, it does.
Möbius
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 04:28 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

Good music is about the emotions it evokes. Simplest way I can put it. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
hellbent
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 06:26 PM

Married to his R6 since August 22.

Member No.: 4,490

music is my 2nd life.
House and Techno is my drug right now.
I've given up on DJing for the moment as I just dont have the time, and I've held off on buying the gear, instead opting to buy Music Production gear.
as AC said, its about emotions it evokes, when your in the club, f**ked up from Ketamine, its such a feeling/journey, like you can feel every synth, bassline, treb in the body.
my most recent club nite was a 9 hour set by Danny Tenaglia, and it was the best club nite I've ever had, the "stuff" was good, and the music even better, I doubt I would have had a good time without DT.

Cant wait for this wednesday for Dubfire.
xiao
Posted: Sep 15 2007, 02:14 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

^ bump.

Pure unadulterated escapism. I don't listen to music so much for the emotions it evokes but for the imagery it paints. Mentally, it transports me away from the daily hustle of work. It gives me a taste of what it'd be like to nomad my way through a thousand landscapes, to hear unfamiliar sounds, and wing through the seven skies. For a moment I'm invisible, I'm inaudible, I'm intangible. Like a knight bathing beneath a waterfall, I tuck away and record the stream of beats that befall my heart. Then it shoots me through legends, as I peer over the heavens. But ultimately, music just reminds me I was born to fly.

<3
Möbius
Posted: Sep 15 2007, 04:00 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (xiao_la @ Today at 6:14 PM)
^ bump.

Pure unadulterated escapism. I don't listen to music so much for the emotions it evokes but for the imagery it paints. Mentally, it transports me away from the daily hustle of work. It gives me a taste of what it'd be like to nomad my way through a thousand landscapes, to hear unfamiliar sounds, and wing through the seven skies. For a moment I'm invisible, I'm inaudible, I'm intangible. Like a knight bathing beneath a waterfall, I tuck away and record the stream of beats that befall my heart. Then it shoots me through legends, as I peer over the heavens. But ultimately, music just reminds me I was born to fly.

<3

So it is still basically about the emotions. wink2.gif
xiao
Posted: Sep 15 2007, 04:42 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Indeed, or at least until we figure out a way to virtually replicate the senses through audible stimulation. turned.gif